• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mini-Game Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello guys, sorry i have been inactive for the past couple of days been very very busy. How is everyone getting on with there maps? Iam looking forward to trying out all of these and after the contest i will help you improve them if you wish.Netherwind Dreams is 100% Complete, after alot of deleting mini games i chose the best one. Sorry i cannot give any clues to what it is but you will see.

I hope you will all have your games finished in time. Although i really want to win this contest so badly because it means so much to me, i wish that you all have the best possible chance of winning this magnificent Contest.

All the very best of luck Billy2.

P.S. I will help you wil any maps AFTER the contest just send me a Private Message.

Level 24
Ya, Three weeks is a lot of time on a mini-game unless you are building something like elim-tourny.

I'll be done.

I took a look at "Poke the Angry Ogre", by DukeNuke, and I have to say it was AWFUL triggering. It leaked quite a few unit groups.

I think that I can make some serious refinements and changes to make it neater and nicer. As well as MUI for multi ogres (Paladins that is). Basically I have decided to do it in a completley different way.

Level 15
Contestant NameEntry NameSubmitted
WILLTHEALMIGHTYGoblin Commanders

I already have all the visual, all I need now is the gameplay.
When is your "Goblin BattleFront" going to be released? Or is it dead :(. I hope its active and going to be released :D.
Sadly I'm busy these days and can't enter the competition :( I wish all the best of luck

Level 24
Anyway,I wonder what the others are doing,there are some contestants,but none of them are posting here.

Attachments

• Warcraft.JPG
    Warcraft.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 132
  • Temple of Doctors.JPG
    Temple of Doctors.JPG
    168.4 KB · Views: 106
Level 2
Okay guys, I think I'm retreating from this compo. Can't finish it, I have the feeling :

1. real life issues regarding work.
2. missing knowledge to get my idea as I want it actually.
3. not enough time... found the contest too late

:(

But I will finish the map for sure, but not for the contest.

Level 24
I already asked Bob about self-made resources,a few pages ago.

He said yes,it is permited,but I have another question:

Can we import converts?It seems that our map are themed and I would need a WoW-ish icon for my map!

And by the way,come on guys,it's just a mini-game contest,not much to work on the map,I finished Witch Doctors in just 1 hour.

Now I just need the custom resources.With the permission of Bob!

Erhm... Mines not really finished, or tested, but heres a peak at it anyways.

Ogre Tuanting Arena!
ogre-1.jpg
By: Daskunk\Heretodlstuff!

Short Discription:
"Get the ogre to chase you. Once he is, use your abilities to get it to kill the enemys paladins and keeps." Or "Use your various spells to make the oger target enemy's paladin and protect your castle, and train a army of millita to destroy the enemy's castle."
sdfsdf3.jpg

Screenshots:
Image2-1.jpg

sssss2.jpg

Image3-2.jpg

Paladins:
paladin.gif

So far, the abilitys they have are pretty un-original. Suggestions wellcome!
"The paladin is your main unit. He has many abilities to help him use the ogre to his advantage, as well as other uses. Allthough most spells have a low cooldown and don't cost much mana, you need to use them constantly to win. You must chose what spells to use and when carefully, as to not waste mana."
SPELLS:

Holy Swicharoo!
BTNHealingWave.jpg

Discription: "Swaps places with the target unit, escaping the jaws of death. Not for evil purposes of killing other players, of course, its all for the greater good! To prove this, it heals the target a little and makes it invunerable for a tiny bit before it gets udderly destr-- uh...Nevermind."
Uses: You can go near a enemy and swap with the ogre, or swich with your other units or a enemy to get away. It stalls you to use it, so you must be carefull. This is very good for making enemys get killed.

Divine Get-away:
BTNHolyBolt.jpg

Discription: "Teleports the paladin a very short distance. A ingenious plan, and no bloodshed!"
Use: Getting away JUST as your about to die. It teleports a very small distance, though. It is also often used to get over gates and lava before the gates have been busted.

Release extra water: (Name Pending)
BTNTaunt.jpg

Discription: "Everybody wants to do it on a hot day. The sound "Nah nah nah, you can't get me" was just.. uh... the sound of the water. I'm not taunting the oger to make him chase me, not at all. Oh no, that would be mean." (UN-complete. Forces ogre to target you.)
Use: The ogre does not stay targeting you for long, so its more like calling him over. If your fighting creeps or enemy paladin\millita, its very usefull. You can also use it to lure the ogre into lava.

Holy Cow!
BTNAbomination.jpg

Discription: "Summons a Holy Cow! Luckly, it doesn't leak milk. It does, however, leak bad puns."
Uses: Leading ogre away, absorbing damage from creeps and enemys.

The OGRE:
ogre.gif

"The Ogre plays the main role in this map. He can kill your paladin when he is full health with three hits, and millita with one hit. You can lure him on to the pads near gates and he will attack them, if you make him do this enough times he will destroy the gate, allowing your paladin to reach enemy castles as well as your own. You can lure the ogre into lava to damage him. If you kill him, you recieve gold. In a addition to that, you can get him to fight other creeps for you if used correctly."

Other:
Millita - Gold cost 15 - Abilities: Scream Like a Maniac (Description: BELLOW FOR HELP WITH YOUR STRONG MANLY VOICE!) Can load into castle\keeps.
Modes: Creepmode. In this mode, gnolls\goblins spawn in the corner to attack mains.
Lava - Surrounds the baisic arena, can only get past after gate is busted or you use blink.
Gold - Every 10 seconds you recieve 1 gold from charity. I guess.

Abilities planned for the paladins in the future:
Devotion
devotion.gif

Discription: Channels the paladins power to focus on boosting nearby units health. Constantly drains mana. The paladin is slowed while he is casting this.
Uses: Makes the millita have just enough health to take 2 hits from the ogre, rather then one. Good when trying to take down the ogre, but nearly useless if other units come to the fight as well.

Sacred Speed
QuestonMark1.jpg

(Icon un-decided)
Discription: Costs mana to turn on, and drains health slowly to have it on. The target of the spell will have increased movement speed.
Uses: Cast it on the ogre while he's chasing a enemy, so he will speed up and kill the enemy, or use it to get away. Or, cast it on a cow just cuase it would look funny.

Hope you enjoyed the preview. Gonna go work on it so you can test it soon.

Last edited:
Level 30
question!
can we submit a unprotected version of the map and give a protected version to the voters?

Ogre Tuanting Arena!
ogre-1.jpg

Short Discription:
"Get the ogre to chase you. Once he is, use your abilities to get it to kill the enemys paladins and keeps." Or "Use your various spells to make the oger target enemy's paladin and protect your castle, and train a army of millita to destroy the enemy's castle."
sdfsdf3.jpg

Screenshots:
Image2-1.jpg

sssss2.jpg

Image3-2.jpg

Paladins:
paladin.gif

"The paladin is your main unit. He has many abilities to help him use the ogre to his advantage, as well as other uses. Allthough most spells have a low cooldown and don't cost much mana, you need to use them constantly to win. You must chose what spells to use and when carefully, as to not waste mana."
SPELLS:
Devine Get-away:
BTNHolyBolt.jpg

Discription: "Teleports the paladin a very short distance. A ingenious plan, and no bloodshed!"
Use: Getting away JUST as your about to die. It teleports a very small distance, though. It is also often used to get over gates and lava before the gates have been busted.

BTNTaunt.jpg

Discription: "Everybody wants to do it on a hot day. The sound "Nah nah nah, you can't get me" was just.. uh... the sound of the water. I'm not taunting the oger to make him chase me, not at all. Oh no, that would be mean." (UN-complete. Forces ogre to target you.)
Use: The ogre does not stay targeting you for long, so its more like calling him over. If your fighting creeps or enemy paladin\millita, its very usefull. You can also use it to lure the ogre into lava.

Holy Cow!
BTNAbomination.jpg

Discription: "Summons a Holy Cow! Luckly, it doesn't leak milk. It does, however, leak bad puns."

Holy Swicharoo!
BTNHealingWave.jpg

Discription: "Swaps places with the target unit, escaping the jaws of death. Not for evil purposes of killing other players, of course, its all for the greater good! To prove this, it heals the target a little and makes it invunerable for a tiny bit before it gets udderly destr-- uh...Nevermind."
Uses: You can go near a enemy and swap with the ogre, or swich with your other units or a enemy to get away. It stalls you to use it, so you must be carefull. This is very good for making enemys get killed.

The OGRE:
ogre.gif

"The Ogre plays the main role in this map. He can kill your paladin when he is full health with three hits, and millita with one hit. You can lure him on to the pads near gates and he will attack them, if you make him do this enough times he will destroy the gate, allowing your paladin to reach enemy castles as well as your own. You can lure the ogre into lava to damage him. If you kill him, you recieve gold. In a addition to that, you can get him to fight other creeps for you if used correctly."

Other:
Millita - Gold cost 15 - Abilities: Scream Like a Maniac (Description: BELLOW FOR HELP WITH YOUR STRONG MANLY VOICE!)
Modes: Creepmode. In this mode, gnolls\goblins spawn in the corner to attack mains.
Lava - Surrounds the baisic arena, can only get past after gate is busted or you use blink.

Devotion
devotion.gif

Discription: Channels the paladins power to focus on boosting nearby units health. Constantly drains mana. The paladin is slowed while he is casting this.
Uses: Makes the millita have just enough health to take 2 hits from the ogre, rather then one. Good when trying to take down the ogre, but nearly useless if other units come to the fight as well.

Sacred Speed
QuestonMark1.jpg

(Icon un-decided)
Discription: Costs mana to turn on, and drains health slowly to have it on. The target of the spell will have increased movement speed.
Uses: Cast it on the ogre while he's chasing a enemy, so he will speed up and kill the enemy, or use it to get away. Or, cast it on a cow just cuase it would look funny.

uhm ... "Devine" is written "Divine" :p right now i'm pretty offended by that spell

Level 30
I must add a ROFL

The game play is nice and funny,I can even smell a game winner!

that be me XD

im a total trigger-noob (i dont even know JASS T_T) but iv learned a LOT from this competition (but still don't know JASS) im almost done... added the credits, almost all tooltips are finished ... still need items but thats realy boring (so il do that 12 july 23:00 :p). My map is just another AoS. Its totaly not original and i deleted all the trigered spells because they all where bugged T_T.
Wish me luck !!
if i would upload it ... it would be approved (so thats a + xD)

Level 24
O.K I have my system down, just need to add more spells.

@HeretoDLstuff, you do realize that it is actually spelled "Divine"?

Have attached version 0.001 so you can see what the map is like. Expect major changes, such as: completely changing the spells, heroes, add messages. So really the only thing that is going to stay the same is the sliding.

An overview is:

Players slide around on the ice trying to kill each other. . .

So since this is going to be NOTHING like the finished version, I feel no regrets about giving it away. Also my chances of winning are, 1/1337.

So, take a look at it and give me some ideas.

btw, that Ogre Loading screen looked epic.

Attachments

• Ice Warriors.w3x
    70.3 KB · Views: 41

Ogre Tuanting Arena!
ogre-1.jpg

Short Discription:
sdfsdf3.jpg

Screenshots:
Image2-1.jpg

sssss2.jpg

Image3-2.jpg

Paladins:
paladin.gif

SPELLS:

Holy Swicharoo!
BTNHealingWave.jpg

Divine Get-away:
BTNHolyBolt.jpg

BTNTaunt.jpg

Holy Cow!
BTNAbomination.jpg

The OGRE:
ogre.gif

Other:
Millita - Gold cost 15 - Abilities: Scream Like a Maniac (Description: BELLOW FOR HELP WITH YOUR STRONG MANLY VOICE!) Can load into castle\keeps.

Devotion
devotion.gif

Sacred Speed
QuestonMark1.jpg

(Icon un-decided)

It's "Taunting", not "Tuanting" :p

Level 24
Hey! Why haven't I been added to the contestants list?
I'm about done, just need someone to test the map (since I can't do it myslef atm) and then I'll submitt it.

Ok sorry, must of missed your post, added you now.

Update:

Due to difficulties perfecting the patented "Don't Pillage Mah Village" creep system, it has been delayed until further notice.

Fortunatley a new idea has a risen.

Contestant NameEntry NameSubmitted
hawk900Ice Warriors

Ok changed the map

i think we need an extension.

Btw, can we import models we make ourselves?

Yep you can make and import models yourself, and as for an extension I will decide that closer to the deadline, and see how many entries we get.

Status
Not open for further replies.