• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Mini-Game Contest #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Awww so we cannot have a map with like 12 mini-games in it, it has to be a mini-game of one map which is short or just a 32x32 Playable map area or something? Please define in more detail please?

Are we still allowed to do something like Uther Party?

Ive already got a brilliant starting area

You can't do something like Uther Party, however it can be larger then a 32x32 map.

lol. How is the judging gonna be done? XD or the votes? Is the public gonna PLAY these maps? :p

Its gonna be 50% Judging 50% Public Poll.

People, will ALL of the maps should have AI? or the community will have to actually PLAY them in battle.net?

You can add an AI if you want, and you will probably get points for it, but you don't need it.

Level 5
What the hell!?!?!?!? So iam not allowed to have a game where you choose what game you want then u can play it???? Ive spent all the time on that.

UPDATE-------
Bob27 can i have it so that you start the game and you are at a game selection area which you vote for which game you want to play then if you all vote for the same game you play that game then after that you get victory if you win that map or defeat if you dont and btw to play a different map you must restart the game by recreateing it??? Please say this is allowed or i may just eat my own head.

Last edited:
Level 2
Acceptance

I hereby announce that I shall accept this Challenge. I will submit my map Musicraft which I created specifically for this contest tommorow.
:fp:Actually I found an error expect me to submit the map by July 5.
Contestant Name: Jesus
Map Name: Musicraft

Last edited:
Level 24
Great,and welcome to the Hive,be sure to visit the Introduction Sub-Forum,here is some +rep for starters.

And what can I say?
May your stay here be productive and peaceful,most of all you must have fun and be a great member,I hereby welcome you to the Hive.

Welcome to the Club!

By request!

What the hell!?!?!?!? So iam not allowed to have a game where you choose what game you want then u can play it???? Ive spent all the time on that.

UPDATE-------
Bob27 can i have it so that you start the game and you are at a game selection area which you vote for which game you want to play then if you all vote for the same game you play that game then after that you get victory if you win that map or defeat if you dont and btw to play a different map you must restart the game by recreateing it??? Please say this is allowed or i may just eat my own head.

In my personal oppinion you are accing on a Party genre,sure it isnt against the rules,but the other players base their map on one simple mini-game and nothing more.

And most of all,you would require a lot of map space for a voteable mini-game party.

But on the other hand ,it would be god-like if you create them perfectly.
Anyway I wish you good luck with your submission.May it be the best:grin:

Last edited:
Level 14
Alrighty I'm, finally back. Had to go to Austin Texas for 5 day for Jesus related things(No offense to any one that isn't christen).

Alright I have less then sixteen days to get the map done. But I may have to go back out of town before then so if I don't reply back in 4 days just erase me from the contest because I'd probably have to go back to Austin for a few days. But I think I'm clear though.

~edit~ Sorry guys I' have to drop out of this I checked how much time I actually have until the end of the contest in its 3 days in total added up. Just count me out I'll catch the next one.

Last edited:
Level 24
Umm, it has recently come to my attention that what I have so far does not really classify as a mini-game. I have attached the map file of what I have so far. . .

It is nowhere near complete.

The basic idea is that the liches are fighting (4) and they must harvest villager hearts and artifacts (items) to cast there spells to kill each other to harvest more.

There are three game modes:
Heart Collection - Player with most hearts at end wins
Artifact Collection - Player with most artifacts at end wins
Kills/Death ratio -Player with best ratio at the end wins

Umm, does anyone think that this is an actual minigame or should I change to a smaller map/idea and make this into a real map?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Level 23
I would like to change my contest name since i've gotten another idea.

Contestant NameEntry NameSubmitted
EcchoThe Slaughterhouse

... Just leave it blank at the moment. Im still reworking
Contestant NameEntry NameSubmitted
Eccho

Edit: Hawk, I tried one mdoe of your map, the heart harvest. Don't you think the magic wave needs more damage :eek:?

Status
Not open for further replies.