• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i think my cinematic goes on from 59-60 seconds lol, starting from where they are walking, to when it starts fading out. This movie didnt use any imported models. I didnt put in music, cause really it didnt need it, just voices. Also my credits is part of the movie , just like.. credits, but the movie ends in the background, hope that doesnt count as time. also i didnt use a loading screen... o_O but i just thought it was about the quality of the movie. not what it looks like on the outside. Its really hard to make a comedy in 1 minute and have a story lol, but here it is... Also i had to delete alot of stuff to make it fit into 1 minute :cry:

Attachments

• Haunted Goldmine.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
Level 19
No, the credits don't count as time. So btw is it okay if I put the credits in black screen I can use one extra song there? Btw my cinematic is exactly one minute and almost ready! :D Just have to do some finishing touches.

Last edited:
Level 24
I think you are kinda cheating. You are running the credits while the cinematic still plays on :p. Well, lets see what bob has to say about it.

Yea, if the credits are playing while something is going on, they count, the credits only don't count if they are playing on a black screen or something like that.

Yea, I would guess the credits don't count as extra time only if they are run in a black screen or something like that.

Yep.

My credits don't run in a black screen.But it's not in the main theme of the film.I just put a maiden in a region without any action at all.

Yours should be fine, because if I remember correctly its just a person standing on a hill, nothing happening. Its only when something actually happens that the credits would start to count towards the time of the cinematic.

And I think its 5 days that are left, and its good to see people have already submited their Cinematics :)

Level 24
Bob you didn't answer that is it alright if we can use one extra song in credits without counting them in the one minute time?

Sorry, must of missed your post. Ok well yea you can use an extra song in the credits, just remember though that nothing can be going on in the background of it.

but my credits are just a lil end skit so you know that the movies over. Like simpsons :D PLS!! Accept it!!

Sorry, but if something is happening, then it counts to the time.

Level 12
Well, i've got one excelent idea today, but i dunno how it will look ingame, nevermind, 1 min I can solve at one afternoon,

Does somebody know some good 1 min action song? Not fantasy, smtng millitairy

My cinematic is still only around 20 seconds long and I am very presured time wise and still don't have any voice recordings done >_<

Oh why do I always end up making everything on the last few days?

So far I think I have around 16 different cameras or so. Most of the terraining is done and the whole plot is basicly also finished and just needs to be actually made, hopefully I will finish this in time or else it will just be wasted work!

Level 3
Guess I can't do it...Sure I'm able to do something acceptable in about an hour, something always seems to happen. I was doing an All your base cinematic, but while playing Zero Wing, my brother unplugged the computer accidentally. But he has one...

Level 10
Hello, yesterday I decided to join this contest. I have a question: Will the deadline be friday morning or friday evening? PLEEEEASE friday evening because I doubt that I get it ready until friday morning!
I'm looking forward to the other contest cinematics (sorry but I'm too lazy to read all 9 pages of this thread - I have to work on my cinematic! :grin:)!

Level 24
That's sad to hear :(
Can't you work on a friend's PC?

Can't really make a cinematic by working on a friends computer, not a decent one at least, because you wouldn't really be able to spend that much time on it.

Hello, yesterday I decided to join this contest. I have a question: Will the deadline be friday morning or friday evening? PLEEEEASE friday evening because I doubt that I get it ready until friday morning!
I'm looking forward to the other contest cinematics (sorry but I'm too lazy to read all 9 pages of this thread - I have to work on my cinematic! :grin:)!

Glad you hear that you will be joining :)

My cinematic is still only around 20 seconds long and I am very presured time wise and still don't have any voice recordings done >_<

Oh why do I always end up making everything on the last few days?

So far I think I have around 16 different cameras or so. Most of the terraining is done and the whole plot is basicly also finished and just needs to be actually made, hopefully I will finish this in time or else it will just be wasted work!

I hope you finish it in time as well :)

Level 24
Yea like ragingspeedhorn said, you will loose marks if it goes over 1 minute.

And everyone, one thing you can do if you have a story that you need to tell, to be able to understand the cinematic is just put it in the loading screen. The loading screen won't count to the time, so you can put as much of the story as you want in there.

Level 16
Maybe 1 second = 1 point? Dont know, bob can propably give a better answer.

As for the deadline, useally if only a day is given, no time of day, it means that the ending day is part of the deadline. So if a contest ends at the 15th, it would end at 00.00 of the 16th.

Level 19
I just want to say that when there is going to be a public poll it will be only fair if people who watched all contest cinematics can vote. To see if they really watched all entries the voters should say what they liked about the cinematics and what could be improved. Okay Bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.