• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
It's not hard creating a cinematic.Mine took me 6 hours for 1,32 mins.

And BTW,i will see if i can cut some scenes,but it would become MUCH worse...anyway...

-At the start of the cinematic everything is black and the storyteller tells the story.Does it count in the time limit??

mm... depends on how important it is. I mean if your cinematic can live without it, then I would say get rid of it, but if its really important I know the story, then no, you can have it at the start.

Level 19
Trying to find a perfect one minute song not much likely I will find perfect but I will then build the cinematic around the song or at least try to.
EDIT: I need a good battle song and still haven't found any. If anybody can suggest me anything I would be glad to hear.

Last edited:
Level 24
Level 24
Ok well I won't comment on it to much, but one thing I would suggest is having more action, and less dialouge at the start. Also I would try and get rid of that extra 8 seconds, because you will probably loose marks for it going over.

Level 19
I did finally receive a very good song I will use!!! =D And now I'm making the terrain and I'm really excited about this one minute cinematic. You know the camera max far sight is only 10 000? I would have wanted to use more horizon than that but I will now stick to this 10 000 area.

Level 19
I watched your video and I can't believe it took whole minute because almost nothing happened. Remember that the ending credits are not counted to the time or cinematic so I'm sure you would still have extra time if you wanted to add something. The cinematic felt a bit too simple at this time.

Btw I think I have finished now about half of my cinematic. :D

Level 24
Ok, glad that everyone is getting their entries done :)

And I have said this before, and I will say it again, the best way to deal with the 1 minute limit and to make a good cinematic is to get straight to the action, and put any introduction or anything like that in the loading screen or something.

I watched your video and I can't believe it took whole minute because almost nothing happened. Remember that the ending credits are not counted to the time or cinematic so I'm sure you would still have extra time if you wanted to add something. The cinematic felt a bit too simple at this time.

Btw I think I have finished now about half of my cinematic. :D

I don't know what i shall put in there to make it have more action...

Level 24
Oh,I ahve thought of some great ideas and i am going to update my cinematic!

Ok great, look forward to seeing it :infl_thumbs_up:

Sounds good, then perhaps you should take the old uploaded version down?

Nah he shouldn't take the old one down, because he might some some comments on that one from other people, that will help him with his new idea.

This was a harder challenge then i thought.. My cinimatic is pritty bad atm.. :cry:

Well i'm sure the terrain is good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.