• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Terraining Challenge 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
The area within the walls needs more life in order to be really interesting and cool. Add maybe huts and stuff in it or a mini village there. Also, the mountains should be taller. Its not bad though. Since you rushed it, it came out rather decent to be honest. My favorite shot is the first one.

~Craka_J

Level 9
alright, here's my final entry :wsmile:

Attachments

• Lordaeron Fall WIP 9.jpg
    Lordaeron Fall WIP 9.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 1,908
Level 34
Nope. Rui just hasn't been around. When he returns it will end. The voting will start, and the new one will begin after.

Update: Here are my final entries. I know they are late, but the editor crashes every few minutes with this map. It got corrupted. : (

Attachments

• BarrensClouds.jpg
    BarrensClouds.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 740
  • BarrensClouds2.jpg
    BarrensClouds2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 743
Last edited:
Level 34
This one is supposed to be done, but Rui hasn't been around to complete it. He always seems so depressed about it.

Level 34
You have to use the tile set that is currently the "challenge". I pm'd Rui about his not finishing this contest. Hopefully he will soon.

Level 34
k, read first post!

There is a contest that is finished, but Rui hasn't set up a poll to decide a winner. After he does, a new one will start. In the mean time post your work in the terrain forum, or the gallery - terrain forum.

Level 3
So, what's wrong with Rui? Seems like nothing happens anymore, and I hoped to participate for the next tileset again. Can't someone else, like another mod, take it over or something?

Level 34
I contacted the Admins. Wolverbid told me to talk to Rui. I PM Rui, and he hasn't responded. Who knows when he'll be back. I'll talk to someone if he doesn't show soon.

Level 34
It starts when the voting for the other one finishes. Rui does not seem to be terribly active. It may be a while.

Level 3
I would really like to join the contest, or is it to late to join?:huh:
Anyway, if there is any important information between page 2 and 71, plz tell me. I just found this thread, and I havn't got time to look at all the pages :sad:
Btw, where do you get all dodads??

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Terraining Challenge 2006/2007

Hi. Today, 9th February 2008 I declare the Terraining Challenge has officially come to and end. However, it shall be named Terraining Challenge 2007/2008, for it might not be the last one.

I shall present the results of the Lordaeron Fall tileset here, as well as the final results. The Lordaeron Fall results are based off it's poll.

Click on the images in order to enlarge them.
Lordaeron Fall Results
Lordaeron Fall
LordaeronFall.JPG

Bob27 - Although Blizzard-looking tilesets are not the preferred, as I had said earlier, it seems the voters agreed pretty well with a custom fort and trees, as well as the ambient itself.

Gilles - The combination of a Lordaeron Fall tileset with Barrens turned out well, somewhat. 12% was still far superior to what others did.

Jaakko - It seems the units didn't catch with the feeling. That, or people don't like viewing images in imageshack, which is a pity, considering the good quality of the work.

Nbah - It seems like a house was not the best option to represent a Lordaeron Fall tileset. A 2% was really bad, and might shock other people as well, considering your previous success on the Dalaran tileset.

MadseN - Although resumed to a single image, it did far best than 3. The public got so amazed with the image that they didn't even realize it would be hard to tell if the terrain was using Lordaeron Fall as tileset. Even though, MadseN could stun almost half of the voters, with his victory-work.

~Void~ - And who would say something so simple could catch 2/5 of the 50 voters? That's it, this was second most voted terrain of the Lordaeron Fall tileset.
Terraining Challenge 2007/2008 Results
TerrainingChallenge2006.2007Results.jpg

When I looked at the results, I was happy.
Although MadseN could do better than the other contestants in just 2 tilesets, Jaakko still maintained the 1st position.
And why was I satisfied, you ask? Because Jaakko was an active participant. While other people just participated randomly, Jaakko was always there. Jaakko always participated. Jaakko stunned the public with his Barrens terrain.
In resume, Jaakko deserved to win.

I declare Jaakko the Winning Participant of the Terraining Challenge 2007/2008. Congratulations!.

Level 34
Maybe not all the tile sets. Some are so close there is no point. I think we should do, Sunken Ruins, Outland, Dungeon, and maybe Dalaran Ruins.

Status
Not open for further replies.