• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Paired Mapping Contest #4 - Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I cant say I enyojed Ice Forge very much, the camera was very annoying.

Sure the terrain was nice and the abilities as well but it's not in my taste. Though maybe someone else likes it.

Mechmap, I guess your taste is more senseless destruction and such, I can tell you the other map is 10times under the quality of mine and famouspker49...

Ice Forge is a try to bring the typical dungeon RPG back to life...

Way to go. He said he didn't like it that much - the camera was annoying.

You reply - I know my map is better, so there. Now, I must go play it and see.

Level 10
Mechmap, I guess your taste is more senseless destruction and such, I can tell you the other map is 10times under the quality of mine and famouspker49...

Senseless destruction can be fun, that's why I enjoyed "The Jagged Relic" since I was raping shit. But it took like 5 minutes to kill 3 enemies in Ice Forge. Why? It's really unecessary. In Jagged, you kill like, 30 enemies in 5 minutes. Sure, it's a lot shorter, but a lot more fun that getting frustrated 10 minutes into the game.

Hawk, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/909907-post344.html

Level 24
Senseless destruction can be fun, that's why I enjoyed "The Jagged Relic" since I was raping shit. But it took like 5 minutes to kill 3 enemies in Ice Forge. Why? It's really unecessary. In Jagged, you kill like, 30 enemies in 5 minutes. Sure, it's a lot shorter, but a lot more fun that getting frustrated 10 minutes into the game.

Hawk, http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/909907-post344.html

I really enjoy Overkill games,they really are fun!

Level 10
Read the description of the contest and you will see what I mean..... damn...

And normal mobs in Ice Forge die in a few seconds... only bosses take longer.
Did you test this with 3/4 people? We played with a party of 3 and it took far more than a few seconds to kill a mob. Especially those advanced crystal golems, who for some reason explode into little ones...

Did you test this with 3/4 people? We played with a party of 3 and it took far more than a few seconds to kill a mob. Especially those advanced crystal golems,

Yeah. They are quite hard to kill. They shouldn't be too much easier, but enough that it's extremely unlikely you'll die against them.

who for some reason explode into little ones...

That makes it challenging and surprising. Imo, that's a good thing.

Level 12

I didnt mean to imply the map is bad. It is good but I can't see much rpg in it since all I did was kill monsters?

And you shouldn't discriminate others map with that yours is 10 times the quality even if it's true. Quality isnt everything.

Level 13
I didnt mean to imply the map is bad. It is good but I can't see much rpg in it since all I did was kill monsters?

And you shouldn't discriminate others map with that yours is 10 times the quality even if it's true. Quality isnt everything.

Agreed. Its really pathetic since some people cant take critic and just make their map better.

Level 21
Well, for example Diablo, is, beside the game view, really like my map, you kill monsters, there are some big monsters which need long to be killed...

There is a story... I just wrote it down...

I see some very BIG similiarities with many hack'n slash RPGs...

So tell me again that it isnt really RPG like...

No arguments, but a big mouth, really not funny.

Level 12
Theres nothing wrong about it really, its just my personal opinion. There is no need to take it so personally.

The camera annoys me the most since it gives no ideal overview.
And the gameplay seems to have no story. I mean, there is no main quest? There should be a main quest that explains what to do and why. The Jagged Relic also missing this.

Level 10
Lol? it takes long for you to kill 3 small golems? then you should get skill... sorry, but even with 2 men we killed small golems in less than 45 seconds.

Sabertooth, I dont believe you at all.... your feedback is not right, I tried the map by myself with DSG and such....

I played with Hawkwing and Famous. Cleric, Champion, and Ravager (or whatever the felguard class is). Unless I have a totally retarded perception of time, it took us far longer than 45 seconds to kill the 3 small golems.

Feel free not to believe me. It only hurts you not to look into it more.

Level 18
I played with Hawkwing and Famous. Cleric, Champion, and Ravager (or whatever the felguard class is). Unless I have a totally retarded perception of time, it took us far longer than 45 seconds to kill the 3 small golems.

Feel free not to believe me. It only hurts you not to look into it more.

Yes, this is true. It took quite a long time.

Level 21
Should i make them with 100 life? so you can boast with your e-penis and go easy mode through the dungeon? completely pointless just to make you feel "haha! i can beat this! it is SOOO easy".

I wont do that.

vote for whoever you want, if you want easy action games, go and play warlock or something, but RPGs are never really fast.

I tried to make a challenging map, for people with a bit brain... but oh well... as it seems none of those are here.

Level 13
Uptadet the map and hopefully its not so easy anymore (ill have to test it later).

Changelog:
+ Potion stacking system.
+ Bosses drop items and now items can really help.
+ Buffed almost all items.
+ Stronger bosses in many ways, 2nd boss has new spell.
+ Added author/description.
+ Ending cinematic (if you manage to beat all the bosses).

Link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/909517-post338.html

Level 12
Should i make them with 100 life? so you can boast with your e-penis and go easy mode through the dungeon? completely pointless just to make you feel "haha! i can beat this! it is SOOO easy".

I wont do that.

vote for whoever you want, if you want easy action games, go and play warlock or something, but RPGs are never really fast.

I tried to make a challenging map, for people with a bit brain... but oh well... as it seems none of those are here.

Nobody wants that, its good that it is challenging. Why do you take it so personally? It's a good map and you've been with creating it. Be proud!

Level 21
what should i change the angle too? constructive criticsm is MISSING, if you give some of it, then I may change something, but oh well...

Tell me to what I should change it! I dont know what you people like! but i cant make the camera too high, because then you could see above the stones.

I maybe have a idea what you want, a direct from behind sight?

Level 24
Something that makes it easier to control your hero. I found that you would click -you screen rotates, and you are disoriented. I don't really know what it should be exactly, but experiment and test. Something that didn't rotate with your hero would be the best.

Level 10
You could set it up so that you have fixed cameras at corridors (some games do this). When you enter path A, Your camera is changed to camera "A". Walk down the hallway to a turn, and woah! camera "B" kicks in because you're now in hallway "B"

Otherwise, just return to normal wc3 view.

Level 10
Uh, hey, redscores, buddy, pal. If something makes me not like your map, sorry, I'm voting for the other one because of that. If people don't like the normal wc3 camera that "The Jagged Relic" features, then they'll vote for you. It can work both ways. But PLEASE, don't argue that a camera angle is the only thing that makes your rpg different from the others. If so, that's sad.

Level 13
No Mechmap, end of the story.

This Map is something DIFFERENT i dont want to follow your pathetic standard thingys....

I wont change the camera from this.

And if you vote a other map just for the camera then this contest fails.

I wont do that.

Avator... your half knowledge is horrible... it IS single player compatible, I played it myself alone till the end...

What a tooltip? what are you talking about?

And as I wrote, no horrible pcs take this map, I tried it myself, without being host and felt no lag.

so uhh 90% of your posts are like. Fuck off I wont change anything. So maybe be quiet now, if you aint gona do anything with your map. Im tired of you flaming people that are trying to help.

Level 12
Redscores, you SERIUSLY need to calm down. All I did was make a suggestion and you call me pathetic because of that?

You have been around enough to know better. I won't vote another map because of a camera system but it counts in the final score. We'll see.

Level 10
Like, people not liking your map?
I'm sure plenty of people deal with people not liking their map everyday.

You just need to stop thinking you're always right. Think from the player's perspective, not the developer's. Just because you think something is good doesn't mean the players will think it's good. Your current camera is just wonky and annoying as it is.

Level 10
If you're really stuck on that camera, and unwilling to move, consider this:
Since arrow keys are unused. Make it so you can rotate the camera round your person using the arrow keys (left and right). This will eliminate issues similar to a one I had, where I was on the opposite side of a rock but my camera was behind it and I couldn't see myself or my enemies.

Status
Not open for further replies.