• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Bosses of Warcraft 0.59

-Bosses of Warcraft-
-Modes-

-Profession Mode-
*Available for 2 - 10 players.
*Purpose with this mode is for you to be able to train up your profession together with a friend in peace.

-5 Player Mode-
*Available for 5 players only.
*Purpose with this mode is to fight easy/moderate bosses in a team of 5.

-10 Player Mode-
*Available for 10 players only.
*Purpose with this mode is to fight moderate/hard/hell bosses in a team of 10.

-Features-
-Classes-
-(Attack Power)-
*Rogue (Meele DPS)
*Shaman (Meele DPS)
*Archer (Ranged DPS)

-(Spell Power)-
*Mage (Ranged DPS)
*Witch (Ranged DPS)
*Warlock (Ranged DPS)
*Druid (Healer)
*Sorceress (Healer/Ranged DPS)

*Priest (Healer)

-(Defense)-
*Warrior (Tank)

-Other-
*This ORPG contains:
*Save/Loading system which saves your Class, Profession Type, Profession Materials, Profession Level, Honor Points (Wood), Gold, Items in all inventory slots.
*Trading system (materials/gold).
*Over 200 items where over 100 contains attachment (shoulders, chest, weapon, mantle etc.).
*9/10 terrain.
*Amazing boss fights which takes your gaming experience to the next level.
*10 different classes.
*Multiboard for healing done, damage done and the current boss's HP.
*3 different professions which all have the max level of 30.
*Damage floating texts.
*Costum UI.
*Costum cursor

Why play Bosses of Warcraft?
The different between Bosses of Warcraft and any other ORPG is that Bosses of Warcraft is based on teamwork and on slaying bosses rather than farming and leveling. This gives the player the ultimate gaming experience from the start instead of forcing the player to play for 20 hours just to reach the level required to actually enjoy the game.

-Additional Notes-
*Official Clan --> Clan RavH <-- (Northrend on B.net)
*Official homepage --> http://clanravh.palstani.com/forum <--
*So far this project have taken over 1600 hours to create.

*Commentating on different material than the map will get you added to my ignore list.
*This map cannot be played on single player!
*This map is protected!
*Max 5 of each Material, 8500 Gold and 8500 Tokens will be saved!

What the new Bosses of Warcraft version will contain will be presented here:

*Blood Council
*New Boss (Narolak)
*New Items (About 15, dropped by Narolak and the monsters inside the Blood Council)
*2 Spell Fixes
*Additional bug fixes mentioned.

-Blood council will be released. The Blood council is a instance named when defeating Tifirius. Rather than a boss room the Blood Council is an enormous dungeon being protected by monsters on the path to the portal leading into the boss room.

When making a map review on Bosses of Warcraft you need to say how many players you played together with, what mode you played on, how many bosses you managed to kill and also what class you played.

If done correctly me and the additional people which have worked on BoW will give you +rep.

Hagge5
Aikola
Pharaoh_
Kristian
Seregpie
Starzerg
Felix
Kevin
Ferrin
Luke
Nikoc
Hampus
Clan Ravenholdt

*Find any of your resourses in my map which you have not been given credit for? Write a comment below.

Keywords:
Bosses of Warcraft, RPG, ORPG, Item, Hero, Boss, History, Cinematic, Minigame, Proffesion, Save, Load, Clan Ravenholdt, Stat, System, Drop
Contents

Bosses of Warcraft 0.59 (Map)

Reviews
01:37, 11th Jun 2011 ap0calypse:
Level 24
Exept for the fact that you ub33r failed on the 5 man dungons so that the first boss 1 shots everyone who has cloth gear it's extremly good. But since you and Hagge are fixing it right now I'll say 5/5 and + rep within 24 hours.

And I'd want to ask why dont the Signatures show on the forum? And also make a boss fight with the Windrunner sisters as friendly NPC:s as I told you on the forum ;)

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
Exept for the fact that you ub33r failed on the 5 man dungons so that the first boss 1 shots everyone who has cloth gear it's extremly good. But since you and Hagge are fixing it right now I'll say 5/5 and + rep within 24 hours.

And I'd want to ask why dont the Signatures show on the forum? And also make a boss fight with the Windrunner sisters as friendly NPC:s as I told you on the forum ;)

Fixing it as I am typing...

Hm, the bossfight which you suggested is highly interesting... I haven't done anything like it before so I think it might be added in 0.60

Level 1
downloaded and starting playing, but there's a problem that i got booted out of the game once load finish

*Sorry, problem solved cause i played with vision*

Level 2
This map is pure awesomeness! Please continue updating this map and adding new bosses :). 5/5 without a doubt.

Edit: One question. Are there only 2 bosses for 5 player mode ? Because it very very hard to find 5 players but 10... I hope there will be more bosses on 5player mode.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
This map is pure awesomeness! Please continue updating this map and adding new bosses :). 5/5 without a doubt.

Edit: One question. Are there only 2 bosses for 5 player mode ? Because it very very hard to find 5 players but 10... I hope there will be more bosses on 5player mode.

I will update the "what to come in next version" text later today. I am creating a fire boss with a new kind of a arena which I have never done before for 5 man.

Thank you so much for the support. This means alot to me and to Clan Ravenholdt.

Level 1
plz add change log in details part .

and in Garena i need like 5 hour just to find 5 people ..... .

how about to add aggro system so warrior can keep aggro and this help you for new tactic for other bosses .

Level 2
Oh and by the way, (is there)will there be a feature where you can reset the game after you die to a boss ? Because it's a pain to make a new game after we fail at something.

Level 28
You obviously didn't test it as I told you in my map. Read the description, redo your review.

Otherwise I'll have to call a admin to remove your rating and your comment.

Thx.
Why so hostile? He did not even give you a review, just one of his thoughts.
There is no point in telling people to test maps YOUR way. Give them a little freedom in their actions...

If you want me to remove his comment/rating: fine by me, I will. But please try to understand that not everyone reads the description, and even if they did they may not want to give a review the way you asked it. And you can't force them to.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Why so hostile? He did not even give you a review, just one of his thoughts.
There is no point in telling people to test maps YOUR way. Give them a little freedom in their actions...

If you want me to remove his comment/rating: fine by me, I will. But please try to understand that not everyone reads the description, and even if they did they may not want to give a review the way you asked it. And you can't force them to.

First off, I am not hostile.
Reviews like his will simply gets ignored and not even concidered.

He also made my avrage rating fall.

Do not rate unless you actually play the game and make the review as I requested.

Remove his rating if you may, Apo.

Thanks.

Level 28
As I said: he did NOT give you a review. Not every post in a map is a review!
And if you really think a single 4/5 will result in a visible decrease in your avarage rating, then let me provide you with a fact: it decreased with 0.58% (Yes, not even a single percent decrease - in hive rating system, it is a 0.029 decrease).

I think your attitude is hostile.
Instead of notifying him about that you don't want people to rate your map unless they provide enough information, you order him to redo his 'review' (which isn't a review at all in the first place).
Then you start 'threatening' with calling an admin.
You also say he did not play the game, which is a wild accusation. According to me, he did play the map, you just didn't get your facts straight, nor did you even TRY to understand his point.

And that's not all I have to say!
A 5/5 means the map is perfect
I have never given any map a 5/5 yet, just because I wouldn't know of any map that deserves it (whereas a "Director's Cut" is something different).
Being given a 4/5 is a privilege, not a punishment.

Seriously, I have removed his rating, but don't be such a dick.

Sverkerman

Level 17
As I said: he did NOT give you a review. Not every post in a map is a review!
And if you really think a single 4/5 will result in a visible decrease in your avarage rating, then let me provide you with a fact: it decreased with 0.58% (Yes, not even a single percent decrease - in hive rating system, it is a 0.029 decrease).

I think your attitude is hostile.
Instead of notifying him about that you don't want people to rate your map unless they provide enough information, you order him to redo his 'review' (which isn't a review at all in the first place).
Then you start 'threatening' with calling an admin.
You also say he did not play the game, which is a wild accusation. According to me, he did play the map, you just didn't get your facts straight, nor did you even TRY to understand his point.

And that's not all I have to say!
A 5/5 means the map is perfect
I have never given any map a 5/5 yet, just because I wouldn't know of any map that deserves it (whereas a "Director's Cut" is something different).
Being given a 4/5 is a privilege, not a punishment.

Seriously, I have removed his rating, but don't be such a dick.

This conversation is over.

Level 21
Seriously, no retry? You have to open the map everytime you lose a boss fight?... How very inappropriate.

Fix that and people might play it again.

Level 28
This conversation is over.
If you cannot defend your own standpoint, then I can only assume I will never have to remove a rating again for such a triviality.
I despise people with an attitude like yours.

And I noticed something else: only 2 people here really rated like you wanted them to.
So does that mean I have to remove all other ratings as well? Or should they redo their reviews?
Most of them are 5/5's though... but does that really matter? If their review is bad, then you won't even consider them, so the rating shouldn't count.

(To be fair: the only two ratings left will be a 5/5 from s_o_c and a 4/5 from naitsirk).

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
If you cannot defend your own standpoint, then I can only assume I will never have to remove a rating again for such a triviality.
I despise people with an attitude like yours.

And I noticed something else: only 2 people here really rated like you wanted them to.
So does that mean I have to remove all other ratings as well? Or should they redo their reviews?
Most of them are 5/5's though... but does that really matter? If their review is bad, then you won't even consider them, so the rating shouldn't count.

(To be fair: the only two ratings left will be a 5/5 from s o c and a 4/5 from naitsirk).

No thx. Do not mess with my rating when I do not ask you to do so.

Level 28
No thx. Do not mess with my rating when I do not ask you to do so.
I think you are forgetting that I am a moderator, not a civil helper.
I don't only act when people ask me to, but also when it is just the right thing to do.
Nobody has to ask me anything for me to remove a rating, and I don't have to remove a rating when I'm being asked to.

Level 2
Sverkerman said:
*For each 100 reputation I gain on this site I will create a new version of Bosses of Warcraft.
After realizing that this map is made purely to satisfy the ego of the map maker I choose not to support this map any longer. I'm sorry but your reactions in the conversations that took place made me see what kind of a person you are.
P.S. I'm not trying to insult you, just state the reasons of which I made this decision, if ap0calypse wants, he can remove my rating.

Level 28
if ap0calypse wants, he can remove my rating.
I certainly don't: you were one of the only ones who has provided enough information to give such a high rating.
I'm not here to boycot Sverkerman (even though he may hate me by now), I am trying to see to it that everything stays fair (and, Sverkerman: asking to get an 'unworthy' 4/5 removed, but not all unworthy 5/5's is NOT fair).

Sverkerman

Level 17
Ap0 I do not hate people and certainly not you since you still are, my fav admin on this page. But I sometimes argue with people and that is just human :p

Also, S o c, You see the reason why I want to have a high average rating is because the map will get more popular then and not because I am a evil dreadlord which feeds on +rep and high ratings.

Also ive been working on this map idea for 6 years now and a comment such as "You do not have enough characters, I give you 4/5" is making me mad. He obviously didn't even try out the 10 available ones.

But enough of that now. I'm over it.

Level 24
Ok seriusly not enough characters? Who the eck would say that? 10 characters - 10 players that's extremly good. And besides isn't that why it's called classrun?

Level 5
Off topic:
I agree with "ap0calypse" i think i spelled it right.
This map is rated how "sverkerman" wanted, so after a one big tought about this all i redone my rating.There are alot of maps that are FAAAR better then "Bow".
Bow is a good map, also i dont know who said but i its not fair to add him rep or to give him rating 5/5 just for his satisfaction.
Back on topic:
About the map:
Terrain is alot improved... i give it a rate : 6.8 / 10
Icons are choosen very well.. 9.1 / 10 icons for attributes and armor and attack arent matching ...
Few unit model's are good.. 2.1 / 10
It is good idea to go and just fight a boss in a square box.. 2.1 / 10
Voice acting is verry verry well "made" 10 / 10
The save/load code is a FAWKING CRAWP! 1.1 / 10 for effort
Items are shown on hero(attachment's) 6.8 / 10 Because it looks lame on a hero that does have a weapon ... The standard "villager" model will improve it IMO.
A few things that "sverkerman" forgot to redo like items are still clickable for no reason.. and all the rest small thing's i will not rate or even consider rating.

So like thats the main things i saw in this map..

And after all the real my rating is :
5.42 and that is 2.71 out of 5 so my rating 3 is kinda like bonus cuz i should give it a 2 ..
And dont look my other ratings on other maps..Cuz from now on i will rate "fair-ly"

P.S. Sorry for bad english..

Last edited by a moderator:

Sverkerman

Level 17
Off topic:
I agree with "ap0calypse" i think i spelled it right.
This map is rated how "sverkerman" wanted, so after a one big tought about this all i redone my rating.There are alot of maps that are FAAAR better then "Bow".
Bow is a good map, also i dont know who said but i its not fair to add him rep or to give him rating 5/5 just for his satisfaction.
Back on topic:
About the map:
Icons are choosen very well.. 9.1 / 10 icons for attributes and armor and attack arent matching ...
Items are shown on hero(attachment's) 6.8 / 10 Because it looks lame on a hero that does have a weapon ... The standard "villager" model will improve it IMO.
A few things that "sverkerman" forgot to redo like items are still clickable for no reason.. and all the rest small thing's i will not rate or even consider rating.

5.42 and that is 2.71 out of 5 so my rating 3 is kinda like bonus cuz i should give it a 2 ..
And dont look my other ratings on other maps..Cuz from now on i will rate "fair-ly"

Some of the things I do not agree on. However, you made a really good review Burke besides that you do not know how it is to create a map. Like for an instance, if all had the villager model, fine would be great for attatchments! BUT, it would be way too unpersonal. For an instance, a warlock with just regular skin and no evil looking powers? A witch which doesn't make you get a chill to the core? Nah, Models are just fine as they are. Terrain improved? Agree. It is alot better. But since you gave me a 6.8 you need to tell me how can I improve the terrain? Same goes for icons. Which icons doesn't fit? And again, saving code is crap? ehh? Saving code is a creation of Hagge5, took him a lot of effort and as far as I know this is the absolutly best way in WC3 to store item, profflvl, profftype, material, gold, lumber and character code in 1. Why so low rating on the models? Give me a few suggestions, yes? Attatchments looks lame? Did you play the new version where I fixed all that stacking and wrong attatchment point things?

You have some rethinking to do mate, but atleast you are being honest, which I like. +rep for effort and perhaps I will see a more well-made review from you soon.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 5
Thats all i can give you right now, because my stepfather doesnt let me play computer from monday-friday.. and when he is not home i can sneek and check facebook and THW or clanravh.palstani.com. :D

Also i will made a HUUUUGE real review cuz its not that hard because i know what to write ...

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
Thats all i can give you right now, because my stepfather doesnt let me play computer from monday-friday.. and when he is not home i can sneek and check facebook and THW or clanravh.palstani.com. :D

Also i will made a HUUUUGE real review cuz its not that hard because i know what to write ...

hehe okay

btw, your english has really improved! :grin:

Level 6
What?

Off topic:
I agree with "apocalypse" i think i spelled it right.
Back on topic:
About the map:

I'm sorry but...
Are you dumb? Or are you just trolling? You're just taking random points and then rate them, it's like saying BoW sucks because it's not an FPS.

I agree that BoW is not perfect, but you're "ratings" are completely inaccurate. Ecspecially about the save system, it's relatively short and works correctly, and i made it personally. Please tell me EXACTLY whats wrong with it. Saying that I put in hours of effort for nothing is just...

"Few unit's models are good 2.1/10"... What? Seriously? You are basing 1/7 of your final score of of what you think of the models? And the hero models are ingame models and are therefore not crappy, rejected, imported models, they are made by blizzard themselves. (well, except 2, which still has been getting very good ratings in the models section)

"It is a good idea to fight bosses in a box... 2.1/10" Are you trying to be ironic? Several maps has done the same and been very succesful, it's the whole concept of the game. Even in WoW, boss fights are usually in a sealed of room.

"Icons are choosed very well 9.1/10" You can't seriously be basing 1/7 of the final score off imported icons? Rate the icons instead, not the f*king map. Anyone can do a "good choice of icons", it require no skill what so ever. If he had made cool icons himself, you could have mentioned that you liked them, but you still won't put that as 1/7 of the total score.

Some of the things I do not agree on. However, you made a really good review Burke besides that you do not know how it is to create a map. Like for an instance, if all had the villager model, fine would be great for attatchments! BUT, it would be way too unpersonal. For an instance, a warlock with just regular skin and no evil looking powers? A witch which doesn't make you get a chill to the core? Nah, Models are just fine as they are. Terrain improved? Agree. It is alot better. But since you gave me a 6.8 you need to tell me how can I improve the terrain? Same goes for icons. Which icons doesn't fit? And again, saving code is crap? ehh? Saving code is a creation of Hagge5, took him a lot of effort and as far as I know this is the absolutly best way in WC3 to store item, profflvl, profftype, material, gold, lumber and character code in 1. Why so low rating on the models? Give me a few suggestions, yes? Attatchments looks lame? Did you play the new version where I fixed all that stacking and wrong attatchment point things?

You have some rethinking to do mate, but atleast you are being honest, which I like. +rep for effort and perhaps I will see a more well-made review from you soon.

Thanks.

It's nice that you are trying to be nice to him, Sverker, seeing it as contructive critisism. But he has no valid point what so ever (except perhaps attachments, I'm not a fan of attachments either). Dont give him +rep, don't thank him.

Sorry if I broke any of hives rules and was abit too offensive, this is just what I think. I'm not in any way trying to manipulate map ratings, I just think this review was total cr*p.

Level 28
It's ap0calypse, the 0 (zero) belongs to my name, I dislike it when it's written with a regular o.
(And the first letter is lower-case, but you did that right).

I know but Ap0 will Fu&%!&* kill me if I tell him to remove his rating.
I agree that his review is bad. But let me show you a few other examples:
Excellent map 5/5

Gj indeed friend =)!

Really awesome map :D :D

Awsome map keep it up

Nice! Good luck. And bosses realy cool)

Be honest with me: those reviews are FAR worse than Burke's. At least he tried, the ones above didn't (and all gave the map a 5/5).

I either delete all ratings (except c_o_b's and naitsirk's ratings, as they've got some good feedback), or none at all.

Reasons you should get the ratings removed:
To play the game fair. Getting a 5/5 with as reason "excellent map" is rubbish, it doesn't tell you anything.
There's also a 1/5 between the ratings, the post got deleted (by enjoy), but the rating did not. This will also disappear then.
I honestly don't know when the rating will actually change (if at all), as I've removed ratings before, yet the overall rating remained the same (but then it was like 4.85/5 - 1 vote).

Reasons why not:
Because your rating will drop to 4.5/5 (IF it decreases. If it does, it still means "the balancing point of perfect").
But yeah, since you cared about a 0.029 decrease...

Level 5
btw, your english has really improved! :grin:
Well thank you mate i can write properly when i want to say something serious.

And also thank's "Hagge5" and StarZerg for hating comment even tho i said that this is the main things that i saw in this map.
And even tho i said i will make a "HUUUUGE" real review -.- its just i dont have time...
P.S. sverkerman please read people's post carefully, because if i read correctly "ap0calypse" said something about his "user name", and how he doesnt like "Ap0"

Edit 1:
Is the new version comming out soon?
Can't wait..

edit 2:
NEW VER PLZ ? ('-_-')!

Last edited: