• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender

Warning!
This only works with Warcraft 3 TFT patch 1.24e/1.26a/1.27a/1.27b/1.28f!

All versions are available on Github

How to use:

1. Extract all files to desired folder:
210222-380cecde0b251130e8e976af71027c4e.png

Note: I strongly advice to extract WFE to a SEPARATE folder, as it prevents any possible collisions with other applications that may read/access any of the WFE files.
Example: When WFE is in root Warcraft 3 folder, test commands won't work as for some reason Localisation and TestCommands are being accessed by it, probably as the game tries to read any .ini files, hence creating the issue.

2. Launch WFE.exe and choose desired parameters and click Save:

1) Default config settings are saved in WFEConfigBase.ini
210221-300b2470250743197de8de5834415544.png

If WFEConfig.ini is not present, WFE will use it as a main config file instead.

2) If WFEConfig.ini is present or Save button was used to create WFEConfig.ini, then all the new parameters will be written to it.
210223-a99c940babd310a2006152c8d8384ee8.png

3. Setting up Path to the Game:

1) Patches below 1.28.
210226-92c0c0f91f88f605c4bd21034aaf1a46.png

2) Patches above 1.27b.
210227-1ae41e6606465a84a81344c64e6fcc58.png

3) For EuroBattle.net/w3l.exe using platform.
210228-dfd8c8290d8c33c94cafcf94764c5464.png

Note: this is not mandatory, if you don't want to use WFE.exe as a launcher, as you can simply inject/use auto-injector to activate WFE library instead.

4. Setting up Injector.

Note: do not let the name scare you, as WFE.exe needs to know what game to find and inject library to. This is an important step, so please read carefully!

4.1 Configuring Process Name:

1) For versions below 1.28, leave the name as is, aka war3.exe.
210224-bbb548483893d504bf16ace19a8c70cd.png

2) For version above 1.27b, write Warcraft III.exe instead of war3.exe.
210225-038df7d1e6de97348e213869a41cdf88.png

4.2 Additional Libraries:
210229-d6286a9cd59ed7cfb45ed61b01761616.png

WFE will load from the specified folder any .dll/.mix files and inject them along the main library, this allows to de-clutter root Warcraft III folder, and well, load things in a simpler manner overall.

Note: this is not a mandatory option and you do not have to set a path inside of the WFE folder, but it's just easier and "more robust" to do so.

4.3 Auto Injector:

When this option is enabled, it will use Delay (ms) time to re-scan processes until war3.exe/Warcraft III is found (based on the input Process Name). When found, if it did NOT inject main library to it yet, it will use the DLL Name to find main library (default: WFEDll.dll) and load it along with anything specified in the Additional Libraries if "Load Additional Libraries" option was selected.

4.4 Auto-Inject:

This is only relevant if you are using "Launch" button, as it will automatically inject main library, without needing to do an extra click on "Inject" button.

5. Launching the game.

5.1 Classic Method:

If Auto Injector IS NOT enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual and use "Inject" button.

If Auto Injector is enabled:
1) Simply launch the game as usual.
Note: as mentioned in Auto Injector, WFE.exe will inject the library itself.

5.2 Launch Method:

If Auto-Inject IS NOT enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.

2) Click "Inject" button.
This will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name.

If Auto-Inject IS enabled:
1) Click on "Launch" button.
This will launch the game from the specified path in the Game Path.
Auto-Inject will inject main library to the specified Process from Process Name on its own.

6. Updating Settings:

1) Select/Change any necessary parameters in the program.
2) Click Save.
This will update data in config and in-game.
You don't have to click Inject again.

NOTE: I strongly advice NOT using this method, as it's outdated and may NOT work 100% properly as the method above.

1. Extract all files to the MAIN folder of Warcraft 3.
2. Launch WFE.exe and choose parameters you desire and then push Okay to save changes to conf.ini or simply edit conf.ini directly.
3. Launch Warcraft 3 and enjoy!

What can this resource do:

0. Live updating options, without the need of relaunching the game!
1. Possibility of adding your own language to language.xml.
2. Autocast (hold the button and it will repeat itself).
3. Smartcast setting for every single button separately.
4. FPS limit removal (contains two options).
5. Hotkey setting for abilities/items and combination hotkeys!
6. Camera 360 degree incline control with mouse wheel (Hotkey can be added).
7. Camera height control with CTRL hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
8. Camera rotation control with ALT hotkey + mouse wheel (Hotkey can be changed).
9. Camera step setting for Camera modifications mentioned above.
10. Mouse lock.
11. Widescreen support.
12. BLP 512x512 limit removal.
13. Single Player pause removal.
14. Delay setting for Single Player/LAN/Battle.net.
15. Delay setting for game start for LAN.
16. Map size limit removal. (Removes map size restriction for online hosting/joining).
17. Detailed information of movement speed and attack speed.
18. HP/MP regeneration display (only displays yours and allies).
19. Right mouse button click repeater (delay can be set in option "Action").
20. Enforce Hotkey option. (This overrides default WC3 hotkeys).
21. Manabar.
22. Healthbar colour control (Your/Ally/Enemy/Neutral).
23. Display/Hide all UI.

Credits:

Creator/Developer:
Unryze (me) - creating and maintaining WFE.

Special thanks to:
Karaul0v - for the initial tool called Quickcast, from which everything started and for helping me with many questions that I had.
ENAleksey - for RenderEdge source code, from which I've taken many ideas and also for assisting me on some issues.

Testers:
Andutrache
Yeran
quq_CCCP
Tomoya...Aki
JackFastGame
Ham5terzilla
Karolson
MalcolmRU
Bergi_Bear
VladBmw530
Dam3w
S_Prince_A
GoodlyHero
ThisName232
Падиниц
AshtonLee
Artwork_DT
Vinsera
ingamero

Translators:
Moon (Swedish)
DSY (German)
Artwork_DT (Vietnamese)
EdgarL (Chinese)
까끼꾸 (Korean)
leyki (Spanish)

Contacts:

Discord: unryze
VK: https://vk.com/unryze/
VK Group: https://vk.com/unryzeworkshop/

Want to donate?

Paypal: https://paypal.me/Unryze/
Contents

WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender (Binary)

Reviews
eejin
A useful tool for removing some of the limits of 1.26 and adding nice features. Ideally the tool would be updated to support the newest patches, but is still useful nonetheless.
Level 16
WFE 3.1.7.55

Hiveworkshop: WFE - Warcraft Feature Extender
Github: Releases · UnryzeC/WFE-Release

Changelog:

1. Fixed not working map size limit remover for patches 1.27b and 1.28f.
2. Fixed 16:10 resolution not being auto-detected.
Note: 16:10 will use 16:9 data.
3. Changed "Status" text to "FPS Unlocker".
4. Removed "New" and "Legacy" options from FPS Unlocker, as Legacy no longer does anything.
Note: now it's back to On/Off option. To actually limit FPS to your screen refresh rate, please use V-Sync.
Note 2: V-Sync only works with DirextX9 and is automatically activated on patches 1.26a and lower as they use DirectX8 by default.
5. Fixed "broken" UI in Replay mode, now it's fully resizing/redrawing itself as in normal games.

Level 4
Which Aspect ratio are you using 16:9? It’s possible I was off by a pixel or two, and the line is not transparent, but a part of the WorldFrame, aka the part of the trees behind, etc.
I'm on windows 10 with 16:9 screen. I've tried disabling Auto Detect Aspect Ratio, and on dropdown - tried 21:9, 16:9, 4:3 and NONE. Only 21:9 had no off 2 vertical pixels near gold UI. My buddy also experience this in War3.exe fullscreen mode windows 11 - we tested, iirc Tuesday so he was on WFE 3.1.7.55.

Level 2
hii, i really love your work, the app have so much change from time to time,i have req, maybe can you add feature to make warcraft 3 borderless window ?

and maybe implement some dota 2 setting like hero control group (more than one), directional move, and etc, i think it will be great :D thanks before

Level 16
hii, i really love your work, the app have so much change from time to time,i have req, maybe can you add feature to make warcraft 3 borderless window ?

and maybe implement some dota 2 setting like hero control group (more than one), directional move, and etc, i think it will be great :D thanks before
Borderless was always a thing:

1675579306120.png

Default keybind is CTRL + ENTER

1675579330707.png

Control groups of WC3 are more than enough and fine, I have no real interest to make it more complicated, unless someone really wants to donate for it.

Directional move is completely useless and has no real use apart from just "fun", and it's not worth the time.

Sorry, but I keep stating, so I will repeat my statement again. I dislike adding niche/useless features and if some specific feature is needed, it can be "purchased" let's say, unless the idea is really good, then it will be free of charge.

Level 16
WFE 3.1.8.59

Changelog:

1. Added "Auto-Update" in Graphics Section.
2. All Graphics related options now also use GRAPHICS section in config.
3. Added Profile Combo Box in Main Section.
Note: Now you can switch between profiles.
4. Profiles can be added (created) via "+" and removed via "-" buttons near Profile label.
5. Adding/Removing/Changing profiles will also update settings for all Warcraft 3 processes to the newly selected Profile.
6. Added Heroes section in Key Binds.
Note: this option overrides default F1-F7 logic, allowing you to remap or disable them.
7. Added Camera Move Timeout option in Heroes Section. This controls how much time you have for tapping (double key pressing) to cause camera movementt towards hero.
8. Added Camera Move Control option in Heroes Section. This allows you to select one of three modes: Tap (original and default), press and hold.
9. Fixed Fatal Error if Unit Select/Autoselect was used on a removed unit.

Level 5
I don't understand:
1676271215545.png

This seems to work in 2.24. But in latest version when I press button, the circle appears for one sec, disappears and never appears even in game.

How this options should work? I don't see any damage info appears wjen receive or take damage.
1676271365236.png

Last edited:
Level 5
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but here is video thaе indicators and damage drawn don't work. This is 1.26:

Can you tell me any stable version 3.x.x.x where they should work 100%?

Level 5
Ah my bad, I've recorded wrong one. I had issues with latest one too, until I figured out that I can't use WFEConfigBase.ini because it didn't saved any settings so I had to create other .ini. It seems that Damage Draw works now. Thanks! But indicators still has issues for me. Maybe it's my own bug, can't say for sure. But in 2.24t hey are works for me.

View attachment 425133
Add: It's not shown in video for some reason, but circles are blinked for 1 sec.

Attachments

• bandicam 2023-02-13 09-40-59-464.mp4
    31.8 MB
Level 16
WFE 3.1.9.62

Changelog:

1. Fixed Fatal Error whenever decaying unit was selected via Unit Autoselection/Selection.
2. Added Enable setting in Heroes Section, by default this option is disabled.
Note 1: this was added to offset some weird Platforms that use 1.28f that for some reason cause the game to crash.
Note 2: this does NOT happen on pure 1.28f.
3. Fixed Default Profile not being selected on first launch, causing fake errors.
4. Profiles can now be renamed, once you press Enter, its name will update, while retaining previous settings.
Note: WFEConfigDefault.ini CAN be removed/renamed too, but it's not advised to do so.
5. Fixed negative HP values, when unit would exceed int32 hp limit (aka. 2,147,483,647).
Note: yes, there are horrendous maps that use such values for no apparent reason.
6. Updated Chinese localisation (thanks EdgarL).

Level 16
i wonder if it is possible to reduce the LENGTH of healthbars?
Widescreen mode already does it. Reducing it any further currently is not possible. Since size uses values from object and then “extrapolates” to a screen via a formula.

In short, it’s also possible to make all of them use static length, but that is not a part of WFE, as it doesn’t have much use.

Level 16
WFE 3.1.10.65

Changelog:

1. Major code refresh/remake for a minor performance uplift, this could create some new fatal errors (but highly unlikely).
2. Fixed Fatal Error whenever decaying unit was selected via Unit Autoselection/Selection.
Note: this time for sure. :/
3. Fixed "Enable" flag in Hero Binds always defaulting to true.
4. "Profiles" folder will be automatically created, if it did not exist at all, or if for some reason it was not moved by user/updater.

Level 2
If you enable the autocast feature and hold the skill key, you will continue to use the skill, but there will be a long delay between the first and second clicks. Is there any way to reduce this?

For example, the current autocast skill usage speed is q---qqqqqqq...
The desired speed is qqqqqqqq...

Entering the "Mouse AutoCast Delay (ms)" function only adjusts the delay after the second use.

In the case of general play, there is no problem in using it, but I would appreciate it if you could add a new function that can be adjusted or adjusted because I can feel the presence or absence of low delay on a hardcore map.

Level 16
If you enable the autocast feature and hold the skill key, you will continue to use the skill, but there will be a long delay between the first and second clicks. Is there any way to reduce this?
It's 100ms internal "delay" there is no way to bypass it without rewriting the whole "logic" and it has little to no merit.

For example, the current autocast skill usage speed is q---qqqqqqq...
The desired speed is qqqqqqqq...
Sadly, no real way to do it, without major code revision and I am not willing to do it, and it would cost around 200$ or perhaps more, due to sheer complexity (as I will need to block the input from then being passed to the game, etc).

If I "speed up" the internal logic, it may and most likely will cause desyncs, as these inputs are handled through CGameWar3 timers, which process inputs and create a bytecode data that is later passed to WndProc.

Entering the "Mouse AutoCast Delay (ms)" function only adjusts the delay after the second use.
Not entirely sure what this means, however if you hold down the key and then alt-tab, yeah, the timer doesn't get reset until key is released, otherwise I am unsure how you cause it.

In the case of general play, there is no problem in using it, but I would appreciate it if you could add a new function that can be adjusted or adjusted because I can feel the presence or absence of low delay on a hardcore map.
I already explained this above, but despite all of that, I cannot agree that this is something of a necessity, since there are no maps that come even close to Touhou games or any Bullethell genre, so while it might be an appealing feature, it is way too niche and requires way too much of time and effort to make it worth.

Level 2
It's 100ms internal "delay" there is no way to bypass it without rewriting the whole "logic" and it has little to no merit.

Sadly, no real way to do it, without major code revision and I am not willing to do it, and it would cost around 200$ or perhaps more, due to sheer complexity (as I will need to block the input from then being passed to the game, etc).

If I "speed up" the internal logic, it may and most likely will cause desyncs, as these inputs are handled through CGameWar3 timers, which process inputs and create a bytecode data that is later passed to WndProc.

Not entirely sure what this means, however if you hold down the key and then alt-tab, yeah, the timer doesn't get reset until key is released, otherwise I am unsure how you cause it.

I already explained this above, but despite all of that, I cannot agree that this is something of a necessity, since there are no maps that come even close to Touhou games or any Bullethell genre, so while it might be an appealing feature, it is way too niche and requires way too much of time and effort to make it worth.
Thank you for your answer!

Level 16
Cant save changes and WFEConfig.ini does not appear, if he should at all. Warcraft 1.26.
You need to create a new profile, probably something did not extract corretly or something, write a new name of a profile (you can try WFEConfig.ini if it is not in the profile list), click "+" then close app, move your old WFEConfig.ini to the Profiles folder, open up and you will see your old configuration being active and saving will write to that new file/profile.

Level 2
When you roll the mouse wheel to adjust the view during the game, the interface UI blinks once and the character selection is released, and the distance of the camera is lowered. (It occurs at a low probability, and it is the same as the distance of the camera when injecting wfe)
+ It happened when I rolled the wheel to see the chat on f12, and when I rolled the mouse wheel to give gold and wood to the alliance.

Once a bug has occurred, the camera commands in the game have not worked, and the camera must be adjusted through the settings of the wfe or other program.
And even if you activate the portal in the game and move it to another location, the camera does not move to the character's location.
If the bug occurs again later, you will get a Fatal error.

I didn't use the camera-related function of Wfe.
The Warcraft III version used is 1.27a (upduizhan (subsequent platform to netease).
If it's a bug that you can check, I'd appreciate it if you could fix it.

Last edited:
Level 16
When you roll the mouse wheel to adjust the view during the game, the interface UI blinks once and the character selection is released, and the distance of the camera is lowered. (It occurs at a low probability, and it is the same as the distance of the camera when injecting wfe)
+ It happened when I rolled the wheel to see the chat on f12, and when I rolled the mouse wheel to give gold and wood to the alliance.

Once a bug has occurred, the camera commands in the game have not worked, and the camera must be adjusted through the settings of the wfe or other program.
And even if you activate the portal in the game and move it to another location, the camera does not move to the character's location.
If the bug occurs again later, you will get a Fatal error.

I didn't use the camera-related function of Wfe.
The Warcraft III version used is 1.27a (upduizhan (subsequent platform to netease).
If it's a bug that you can check, I'd appreciate it if you could fix it.
I have never heard any bug related to camera for 4+ years, if it's related to NetEase, there is nothing I can or should do. Not to mention, I have no idea how to even repeat this issue.

Level 2
I have never heard any bug related to camera for 4+ years, if it's related to NetEase, there is nothing I can or should do. Not to mention, I have no idea how to even repeat this issue.
It's a bug that happened after I used the old version and updated it to the latest version, so I don't know the cause.
The old version I used was 3.0.1.8.

Level 3
wfe inject to any war3 1.28.5 will auto change video option "light" to low. pls fix

Level 16
wfe inject to any war3 1.28.5 will auto change video option "light" to low. pls fix
It changes to medium, but I have no clue where it even does it, probably some ids were changed in registry, not really a fan of checking it out.
Apparently lockfb id was changed, hence if it's disabled it's "low" and if enabled (1) is "medium", dunno how much this really affects, but I will check it out, but honestly I am nearly at a point where I will start ignoring any patch that is 1.27b or higher... they are dead and a burden at this point.

Edit: fixed, but still, the point stands. Will upload update soon.

Last edited:
Level 3
i got random desync midgame. tested with latest wfe and wc3 1.26 and 1.27a. older wfe version doesnt have desync issues

Level 3
i tested 3.1.7 and all version newer than that. only 3.17 has no desync midgame issues

Level 16
i tested 3.1.7 and all version newer than that. only 3.17 has no desync midgame issues
Again, I cannot guess what causes it to desync, unless you provide some information, it will remain so.

I changed too many things to just “guess” what could lead to a desync (and technically nothing should).

I sincerely hope you are not playing Naruto Legend, as that is one map, whose players reported getting a desync and if so, then I can’t fix it.

Level 1
I just downloaded the file for the 1st time, but when i tried to config and press "save", it doesn't work. When I closed and open the app.exe again, its just as blank as new as 2 pics below:
1679191648210.png

1679191690278.png

I only managed to change the language setting by changing it in the setting base.ini.
1679191872313.png
But then Idk how to do it for other settings. Please help...
And how do I config the "Quickcast"? As I understand, It is the same function as "Quick casting skill/items" in League of legends, where we just need to press the skill button and its casted, without having to left click, but I can't find a way to do it yet.

Also my hp/mp is appearing out of the bar like this too. How can I fix it?

1679200596239.png

Last edited:
Level 16
1. You need to create a new profile (write any name then click "+"), settings are not saved to default profile that's intentional, because it will get erased on each update anyways.
2. Quickcast or how it's named in WFE is (Smartcast), the "lightning" symbols underneath the buttons are exactly that, just like in LoL. However, you also need to set a button bind, for it to know which button to affect.

Level 16
WFE 3.1.11.67

Changelog:

1. Fixed Heroes binds not selecting paused heroes.
2. Fixed incorrect Registry id for maxfps (it does not really affect anything, but still, thanks to DiX998 for finding this issue).
3. Fixed WFE binds with/without autocast clicking "through" minimap and moving camera to that spot. (Note: this does not fix the basic normal clicks, since again, those are caused by Blizzard's problematic click handling).
4. Fixed lockfb registry Id on 1.28f, its ID apparently was changed on 1.28a and above.
Note: this id change was hitting Lighting option instead.
5. Fixed Buff Duration text size not changing if "Draw Indicator" was disabled.
6. WFEApp's size was adjusted to 600pixels.
7. WFEApp's height can now be resized.
8. Some buttons in main menu were slightly shrinked to fit the new size.

Level 1
Hello
When I use alt key in inventory like alt+1 and set alt key for autocast it grabs that item.

Level 16
It would have been better if you were to write the text, as reading it from an image is a tad annoying.

1. There is no fix for portrait, if you want to have it consistently, enable Black Bars, as that blocks the ground from rendering and hence portrait is untouched by World Frame.
2 + 3. All of the positions were eyeballed, if you can count pixels and tell me how much to move them, be my guest I am really not in the mood to touch it at all, I've wasted in total 2 FULL days (48+ hours), so it will stay as is. I have 0 motivation for this niche issue.

Level 3
Sorry, I am a newcomer. In my country, I recommended your software to other friends, and they were very shocked after using it. Of course, there is no need to overemphasize that this tool is already excellent. As for whether to change the software, when to change is your freedom, we will always pay attention to and look forward to your updates. Sorry again, my English is not good, the above content is translated by translation software.