• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Trillium needs help! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Alright, the work on the project is going and we need a larger team!
The project is a dark fantasy, gothic, single-player RPG of epic size. It will feature detailed terrain and high-quality models.

many races and classes
around 40 maps (!!!)
storylines differ based on your race and class
reputation system
large flexible inventory
customizable items (socket, enchants, enhancements)
exciting boss fights
ALOT of quests. i mean ALOT =)
henchmen with a good AI, in order to simulate a multi-player game
heavy use of AI in order to make more intelligent monsters, bosses and allies
high-quality terrain

Current team:
Me (leader, terrainer, idea generator)
magIc seeKer (idea maker)
GOLDY101 (ideas and triggers)
Somnium (terrain and ideas)
Joss (terrainer)
Marlon919br (terrain and ideas)

In order to make the game a true jewel we need some people to help us in our difficult plight =)))

What we need:

A project of such ambitious size needs a lot of terraining work, thus we need quite a bunch of terrainers. If you want to do terrain for us, you must:
1) know UTM well
2) be capable of making decent, complex terrain in fantasy style
3) capable of making RPG-playable terrain, detailed and interesting
4) be capable of make houses out of UTM walls/roof/furniture; be capable of making interrior
5) have no problem with making the terrain dark and gothic, even it's a searing desert or icy highland
6) have no problem working on epic-sized terrains

We are aiming for a detailed, cool terrain and environment, thus we need a lot of custom models. If you want to work with us, you must:
1) be capable of making detailed, quality models - doodads and attachments. These include:
1] walls/roofs/floorings
2] furniture
3] ornate archways, columns, bridges
4] all kinds of weapons and armour
5] statues
6] trees
7] custom-shaped rocks and stones
8] plants/grass/bushes/shrubs (animated)
9] buildings (possibly with interrior)
2) be capable of transferring animations or making simple ones
3) editing/making skins, in case the models will require custom skins
4) be capable of making various special effects (not so needed ATM, but will be needed rather soon.

We need a lot of custom creatures, NPCs and such. Also, character models must be high-quality too. Hence, we need a modeller with advanced skill!
If you want to help us, you must:
1) be capable of making high-quality, detailed unit models
2) be capable of making/editing skins, as some models may require cistom skins (not necessary)
3) be capable of transferring and editing animation (at least)
4) be capable of making quality custom animation
5) be capable of making high-quality, spectacular and detailed special effects

If you want to help, feel free to offer you aid even if it's not listed here!

if you wonder what i'm going to do myself, i do ideas, terrain, more ideas, concepts, more ideas, story, quests, ideas... =D

PM me or post here if you are interested

Last edited:
Level 8
-Move silently: Increase movement speed by 100%

This to me doesn't make any sense xD

Anyways posting on the topic, i like what you're planning on the over all plot. Looks like it's going to be a pretty nice game :) I can help you with heroes and better yet i could actually make you some heroes :)

I can't help with anything major though, i have my own project aswell :)
Anyways, good luck on the map!

Level 15
theHunt_errr, you don't even know what kind of ideas i need...
this current idea is rather useless, i have different cocnepts

Level 9
Very nice idea, id be more then happy to help with triggers later on if you want ;)

Level 15
ofc Rexxar campaign style =DDD
why so many? several starting locations for different races, several cities, several full-scale dungeons, some questing locations for different levels - gonna be like 40 maps =)) we're aiming for an epic scale! =DDD

Level 12
If you start in different places, and eventually reach them all, that would be EPIC!
Full-scale dungeons are sweet.
So you gotta grind for levels.
Is this like a mini-World of Warcraft?
Maybe I can do some Jass spells or such. Depends how deep I' work on MY campaign, which just started 2 days ago in actual development.

Level 15
more like mini-Diablo II. more fast paced combat than in WoW and less boring. but still more than 1 spell spam
when we finish developing heroes, their spells and their talents, we'll need jass spell maker, for sure =)

Level 12
My friend plays D2 all the time, and he got a level 89 guy, who kills Diablo jsut by walking around him invisible with his auras.
I'd be glad to make some stuff, but not atm. I got some stuff to attend to.

Level 12
I assumed that if you got 40 maps on your back, you either are planning to slowly complete them over the course of 40 years, or spammake them in 40 minutes.
IF this is a campaign, I recommend that you don't use vJass, because that can cause serious errors. Jass is the campaign solution. Wc3Wow discovered what vJass can and can't be used, but they said it is very little.

Level 12
It is only because before you run a campaign, it Syntaxes the whole thing with the wc3 standard parser. When it sees all the stuff that Vexorian hacked into it, it goes crazy.
At least I'm pretty sure why they say that. Everyone says some different stuff here and there.
(Message written earlier SHHed! out.)

Last edited:
Level 3
I could help on terraining or idead if you stil in need of it.

If you want some sort of "test" to see if my style is proper PM me.

Level 12
It is only because before you run a campaign, it Syntaxes the whole thing with the wc3 standard parser. When it sees all the stuff that Vexorian hacked into it, it goes crazy.
At least I'm pretty sure why they say that. Everyone says some different stuff here and there.
(Message written earlier SHHed! out.)

Take that back.
It IS possible to make your campaign with vJass, jsut very inefficent.
You would have to make the maps outside the campaign file and then compile them to Jass, which means you can't use the imports and units tabs for campaigns.
Using Dark Dragon's Campaign helper with JNGPS, I think you may be able to use vJass in your campaign without compling it first.
Still, what can't you do with Jass? vJass converts to Jass when you complie it, it is just more efficent to write code in vJass.
Jsut thought you should know. If you write the SPELLS (seperately) on different maps out side the campaign, complie them, and ship them to your map, it should work out fine, just inconvinient for testingthem for functionality.

WOW! A lot of that is what I quickly researched, do It may not 100% correct, but I am pretty sure about a lot of it.:fp::grin:

Level 15
alright, as the work on the project continues, it becomes clear that we need a modeller, capable of making good detaled custom doodads and such (at least)

First post updated! have a look!

Level 3
What type of hero selection system are you thinking of using?
CoP?
Tavern?
Dialogue boxes?

I could probably create one for you if you're using good old CoP or Taverns
:)

Add my email if you wish to take me up on this offer.

[email protected]

Last edited:
Level 3
maybe :O
be cool to see what he could come up with tbh
wish him luck with it whatever his concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.