• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Contest #8 - Steampunk

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP 4
-Added a sky.
-Deleted the Globe.
-Added more detail.

Attachments

• Terrain.JPG
    Terrain.JPG
    375.9 KB · Views: 207
Level 18
wow thats sweet ozirus, although the sky in the back, u can tell that that sky is UBER cloud because you see the atmosphere curve. I suggest making it 5 times bigger or something.

other then that nice atmosphere. GJ.

Ohh and im pretty sure we said that all the terrains in this contest are gonna look very alike.

looking a bit too futuristic imo, keiji, maybe a little more steam and gears would fix that. The islands are quite nice, though i'd attach the main island with the main tree island. to be honest, the ground, at the moment, looks pretty bad, the tree variation is well, non-existent, and the snow is pretty repetitive to look at, personally i'd block out most of the ground by either raising everything higher up and tuning the fog up a bit, making it seem more airy, maybe have some tree tips and crowns showing through the smoke.

Level 15
Meh WIP #1 - Steam Powered Robots.

WIP # 1.jpg

Still have to finish the robot in the background and then add in some smaller detail.

So does it fit teh theme?

Level 13
Um things involving WIP's dose it matter if its not vary close 2 finishing or it doesn't have any background of anything?

Level 18
thank the gods im not in this contest, because i would surly loose. I am very bad at constructing futuristic, complicated things.

Btw. This will be a tie betwee n Famous, Keiji and Chaos. I REALLY like Chaoses robots so far. And Famouses is looking reall scary

EDIT : WOW CHAOS :D i just notcied those 2 Sunflare circles. You have my vote on this contest. Thats just pretty damn good. The placement and size is perfect.

Level 15
wow thanks. At the moment I'm just experiment, but I think it's about done as is. Anything else I try adding in makes it look spammed. Any ideas on what i should add/remove/change? Or should I just leave it as is?

Level 15
Well I tried changing the fog. Which one is better?

WIP 3.jpgWIP  2.jpg

I kind of like the sky in the original (second) better. Also in the first you cant really see the robot on the right as much. I'm kind of leaning towards the second (original). Opinions?

Level 15
Ya, the more I compared the two the more I agree.

So, unless anybody else has any other suggestions, this is my final.

WIP 4.jpg

-Added sun flares at the bottom
-Used orange fog.
-Extended the foreground a barely noticeable amount.

Ya, the more I compared the two the more I agree.

So, unless anybody else has any other suggestions, this is my final.

View attachment 67475

-Added sun flares at the bottom
-Used orange fog.
-Extended the foreground a barely noticeable amount.

MUCH BETTER! this terrain looks epic :D.

Chaos, the fog on your pic.. well... it looks like if it cuts the terrain in 2. You should increase the fog far distance to make it soft. And increase the field of view. It looks like if the robot are walking into an abiss o_O
Otherwise, great pic.

Its pretty hard making Steampunk with the limited model section for warcraft. it looked very changeling. Too sad I just found this thread today and coudnt work on it =/

Level 18
"Taking a step out of his home, he views the return of the great submarine, Rust Rocket, bursting out of the water into the port that sits below the great Gear Tower. The smell of the forge drifts through his nose as he runs his hand through his hair with the ocean mist gently laying dew upon his face"

I guess final or some shit. Also, lame description.

Attachments

• Steampunk'd.png
    Steampunk'd.png
    787.6 KB · Views: 202
Level 15
For foreground, I suggest you extend the city, and some buildings, steamy buildings and such.

And by mountains, I think they ook a bit unreal. They are kind of high (and kind of low at some points) maybe smooth it out? No need to.
Also, you should either remove the trees, or spam them an creating a forest like apperance.

Level 36
"Taking a step out of his home, he views the return of the great submarine, Rust Rocket, bursting out of the water into the port that sits below the great Gear Tower. The smell of the forge drifts through his nose as he runs his hand through his hair with the ocean mist gently laying dew upon his face"

I guess final or some shit. Also, lame description.

The sky and the background doesn't blend, thats one of the first rules of a good terrain >.> Your getting sloppy Pker <.<

Status
Not open for further replies.