• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining Challenge - Dalaran

Dalaran Tileset Master

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I'm sorry for my delay, I kinda got pawned by my computer constantly crashing. The contest should have ended on the 3rd August, but I'll accept screenshots that were submitted until now.

Participants
I'm quite displeased with the number of participants. Some people never get to finish their screenshots. Even with a 3-day delay, they didn't finish. I think 30 or 31 days are more than enough for at least a decent terrain.:bored:

And don't vote for yourself, it won't count and will just increase my work.

I'm thinking whenever I should vote on Eleandor or Jaakko...

Level 8
My vote goes to Jaako, based mainly off his 2nd picture. Will there be any more heats to this contest, and if so, how many? If there are I'd quite like to enter if possible, I know I won't stand a chance of winning, but I'd really like to have a go at entering a couple of terrains anyway :D

Level 10
Eleandor had very dull scenery, doodads stacked upon each other, and it lacked a touch of the wierd magic things that dalaran might have.

Jakko had some great scenary, the indoor shot was great, but i felt it was a bit bland and cliche. It was good... but not as creative as i hoped.

Nbah's first screenshot is THE best screenshot entered, although lacking quality, it is eccentric, and VERY creative. Something Jakko could have used. BUT, his second picture was much like Jakko's, and not as creative as the first. I didnt even know what the third one was. I couldnt figure it out. (a castle on ice?) Very unclear.

Props to Nbah for his first screenshot, but for quality, my vote goes to Jakko.

Im not happy with the results of this contest. Not only because nearly no one entered, but the end results werent that good.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Well, I was quite surprised. People usually don't like these tilesets-for-campaigns like Dalaran, Black Citadel, and such. I was pleased with the original ideas that came up.

The only thing that really displeased was the lack of participants.

Level 19
Eleandor you could have used fog to make the screenshots better. Also I thought that the red mountain doesn't fit much to Dalaran.

Nbah first and third picture environment looked something else than Dalaran. I'm voting Nbah for his second picture.

I'm also a bit sad that the contest has so few participants but heh it gives me better chances to win too. ^^

Level 9
Well, I was quite surprised. People usually don't like these tilesets-for-campaigns like Dalaran, Black Citadel, and such. I was pleased with the original ideas that came up.

The only thing that really displeased was the lack of participants.

I would've participated in this contest, my was already finished too. Only problem is that I forgot all about it. Damn!! How could I have been so stupid!! Oh well, better luck next time, maybe I'll post my work on the terrain forum.

Level 11
I also thought that there were going to be more participants, anywho I won't vote for anyone, because as I said my taste is not by the side of Jaakko or Eleandor. I really hope that Jaakko will win because I really think he put some effort in his work and he truly deserves to win! Anyway good luck, too all!
EDIT: Oh and is the 3rd picture that bad, I liked it :D Anyways it's the entrance to my stupid dalaran fortress. The entrance is supported by some kind of super duper magical columns. And I just felt like adding an effect. And that's about it ^_^

Level 19
EDIT: Oh and is the 3rd picture that bad, I liked it :D Anyways it's the entrance to my stupid dalaran fortress. The entrance is supported by some kind of super duper magical columns. And I just felt like adding an effect. And that's about it ^_^
It looks like a Lordaeron Human castle with Sunken ruins doodads to me. :/

Level 10
I voted for Jaako because his first and second picture made my mouth go open for like 2 minutes. Jaako is a terraining god.

Level 2
Classes got really ornery with assignments over last couple of weeks which kept me from putting any real effort into the contest.

Anyways, Jaako gets my vote since I think his scenes fit the Dalaran theme the best.

Level 2
No doubt there's an obvious answer to this, but how did Nbah get a transparent terrain effect like that?
Anyways, Jaakko gets my vote :)

Level 21
heh, no need to do that, the commentaries are all right, and I know it. For sure I'm not a dalaran master, I hope though that I get a worthy next tileset :)

Good to see that Rui isn't closing the contest anyway. It might help to advertise it and maybe PM all people in the list right now to avoid starting a new contest with 3 participants...

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Sorry for the delay, people.

Good to see that Rui isn't closing the contest anyway. It might help to advertise it and maybe PM all people in the list right now to avoid starting a new contest with 3 participants...
I've got enough on my hands. But if you can PM people for me, I'll be most thankful.

And of course, we already know who the winner is; congratulations, Jaakko!:thumbs_up:

And the new tileset is...

Icecrown Glacier

Status
Not open for further replies.