• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Staff Changes(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
So, I am tired of creating these threads where only staff can respond to them, so I am going to put my thoughts on the matter here so both staff and users can comment on them.

I think that a lot of staff members are not where they would be the most productive, and I think a lot of users, with slight attitude adjustments, could make great moderators. I have the following staff/user thoughts and I'd like your comments on them.

• I think that Ghan would make a better Asst. Technical Director working under Samuraid as a site html person as opposed to a community director.
  • I think Pyritie would make a good Art Resource Director over all art resource sections if he could stop spamming, stop being so abrasive with other staff members, and start setting a good example.
  • I think Frank would make a good Art Director if he could be more courteous and less angry in many of his dealings with people that break a few rules here and there. Perhaps less vindictive is the right way to put it.
  • I think Void would make a good site discussion and terrain moderator if he could stay a bit serious about the site's well-being more often.
  • I think WILL could make a good modeling & modeling resource moderator if he could take the site seriously at all.
  • I think Archian should be fired.
  • I think Cavman should be fired.
  • I think BlinkBoy should be fired.
  • I think Elenai should be fir-- Just kidding!
  • I think Elenai is good where he is, but would be a better moderator and representative of the site if he weren't so easily offended by people. I also think he's not always wrong and that the rest of the staff should back him up more than they currently do.
  • I think Dr Super Good should be a map resource moderator again.
  • I think Rui would make a good Resources Director instead of Development Director.
  • I think PurplePoot should come back as the Development Director, like he said he would consider doing if I could actually manage to shape the site up. :)
  • I think Hawkwing should come back as a supporting arena moderator alongside Gilles.
  • Speaking of which, I think Gilles should be a full arena moderator.
  • I think Mecheon should be listed as a "Global Moderator" instead of as a "Site Rule Enforcer," since his current title is misleading.
  • I think Hakeem should be a global moderator, right there with Mecheon.
So, thoughts?

Last edited:
Level 17
I think Void would make a good site discussion and terrain moderator if he could stay a bit serious about the site's well-being more often.
I can see void moderating the terrain section, but not the site discussion. He still has too much of an immature side to him.
I think Dr Super Good should be a map resource moderator again
DSG is fine as he is. There's no reason for him to be demoted (I actually think he should have more power, maybe the entire wc3 modding section).

Level 14
hvo-busterkomo said:
DSG is fine as he is. There's no reason for him to be demoted (I actually think he should have more power, maybe the entire wc3 modding section).
What are you talking about? He lost powers over the map resource section and I am suggesting he get them back.

Level 14
I am posting and maintaining this thread as a user and not a staff member so I am in no violation of my position in posting this - not to mention this is entirely within this forum's description and breaks no rules.

Pyritie, surprisingly, has a lot of maturity locked away; he, like many others, is just good at having fun. As I noted, though, I think he would ultimately make a better Art Director than you if he could fix a few things about himself. Please don't take offense to that, I'm just speaking my mind as truthfully as I can.

Level 18
The problem is that the moderators who left probably wont return on the basis:

I think Hawkwing should come back as a supporting arena moderator alongside Gilles.

It is a nice wish to get the mods back, but in the end it will be up to them of course. I hope you will talk to Ralle and some changes will be made.

However I do hope that the reason of your statement of firing Archian isn't based even one bit on the quarel for the Diablo theme. I do believe you have strong reasons to think those mods should be fired.

You have a typo here:

I think Pyritie would make a good At Director

Level 14
General Frank said:
Well, then I should leave completely. If I am no longer needed and am picked off by a person who is less then a year here...
What? That is not what I'm saying, man! Oo
I am not 'picking someone off' I am just thinking about a person's quality to handle things with a specific regard. You're a great art staff member and a great candidate for the position, but I feel that you could really use to present yourself and your actions in a more formal and reputable manner. Many of the users you've banned have been on rough terms and you've violated numerous rules just by banning people with such angry and inflammatory closing remarks. That needs to change if you're going to be representing the site as an admin!

I never said you were no longer needed, shit, you're necessary for the proper operation of the bloody website. I just think that you've got a lot of talent for handling things as a moderator and that an administrator takes a different approach. I'd be more than happy to discuss it with you civilly if you'd like, but just don't think I want to get rid of you or something.

It's like when DSG was promoted to admin by Ralle. He's a great spell/map moderator, but he just lacks a few key details about his actions to really fit as an admin. That doesn't mean he's useless or not needed, man, because he really is needed and useful! It just means that he hadn't found the really perfect spot for him yet. I think him as a map/spell mod is just where he should be. You know?

That kind of fit is important. I am proposing these changes based on fit, qualifications, representation, and actions. I am also trying very hard to be as unbiased as I can in making these propositions, because I feel that such an unprejudiced voice is critical here.
bounty_hunter2 said:
However I do hope that the reason of your statement of firing Archian isn't based even one bit on the quarel for the Diablo theme. I do believe you have strong reasons to think those mods should be fired.
Huh? No, man, I just don't think he does enough for the site to carry such a hefty position. I mean, he should be a respected user just like Wolverabid. He helps occasionally, but really doesn't do enough. That's my reason for Archian.

Ha, I told you this was a good idea. ;D

I think that Ghan would make a better Asst. Technical Director working under Samuraid as a site html person as opposed to a community director.
Ghan's made several vB modifications in the past so that's definitely a position he is qualified for.

I think Pyritie would make a good Art Resource Director over all art resource sections if he could stop spamming, stop being so abrasive with other staff members, and start setting a good example.
Sure.

I think Elenai should be fir-- Just kidding!
D:

I think I could be a good Community Director if I could stop caring so damned much what people think of me.
lol

I think Hakeem should be a global moderator, right there with Mecheon.
I agree with this one too. Hakeem definitely has a good head on his shoulders so he'd be great for that position.

Also, you forgot Trax. What do you propose for him?

Level 14
They become active infrequently, post a few times, and then vanish. I don't think that's a very strong representation of the site. They're both good people, but they just need to help more.
Traxamillion said:
Frank dont leave, If you leave im gone too.
I chatted with him about it, and I think he and I are on the same happy page now. :)

Level 12
Keeping the same staff and not changing anything besides visual titles means The Hive is doomed to be in the exact same place it was last year, as well as the year before. It's also a cowardly way to not step on toes.

This is the same reason I don't have my moon base.

Keeping the same staff and not changing anything besides visual titles means The Hive is doomed to be in the exact same place it was last year, as well as the year before. It's also a cowardly way to not step on toes.

This is the same reason I don't have my moon base.

We're firing three and hiring two. Lets see how this works out, and if there still are problems, then we'll see where to go from there.

Level 35
I think the administration should focus on recruiting more moderators from the lines of the basic users. I agree with most of the changes, but I think we don't have enough resource moderators, therefore I'd recommend the administration to monitor preferably talented users and promote them to mods.

I strongly agree with your views on Will, Hawkwing, Poot, Void and the staff demotions.

I think the administration should focus on recruiting more moderators from the lines of the basic users. I agree with most of the changes, but I think we don't have enough resource moderators, therefore I'd recommend the administration to monitor preferably talented users and promote them to mods.

That's mostly the directors' job to find new potential moderators. Of course, one of the problems in the past has been with directors promoting/demoting people without asking much of the other moderators first.

Level 35
That's mostly the directors' job to find new potential moderators. Of course, one of the problems in the past has been with directors promoting/demoting people without asking much of the other moderators first.

I don't recall these promotions happening often enough. I think there were only 2 people promoted in the past 5 months, while about 5 got demoted or left. I'm not sure about the exact numbers, but more mods are leaving than coming.

Level 35
Rising Dusk, dissapear please! You don't have right anything to say. You are here only to infarct people like me, and I will never accept you as Site Director! How dare you to speak anything about General Frank and rest of people here! You didn't notice that since you are one ,,bloody admin" you caused more problems in this place! And more dramas. Stop now with those shits damn you!

Level 40
Well that was the most constructive reply I've seen yet!

But seriously, I do agree with a lot of those suggestions, and now that you remind me, Dusk, I'll consider it again :p.

EDIT: here's a point-by-point breakdown:

I think that Ghan would make a better Asst. Technical Director working under Samuraid as a site html person as opposed to a community director.
Definitely

I think Pyritie would make a good Art Resource Director over all art resource sections if he could stop spamming, stop being so abrasive with other staff members, and start setting a good example.
The way that's written basically makes it sound like "I think pyritie would make a good Art Resource Director if he just changed everything about himself."

I think Frank would make a good Art Director if he could be more courteous and less angry in many of his dealings with people that break a few rules here and there. Perhaps less vindictive is the right way to put it.
Yes.

I think Void would make a good site discussion and terrain moderator if he could stay a bit serious about the site's well-being more often.
Void seems to be in srs mode lately, so yeah. Not sure as much about SD, but definitely terrain.

I think WILL could make a good modeling & modeling resource moderator if he could take the site seriously at all.
That's a big if.

# I think Archian should be fired.
# I think Cavman should be fired.
# I think BlinkBoy should be fired.
I would talk to the latter two first, just give them a warning and a week or something, but otherwise I agree.

I think Elenai is good where he is, but would be a better moderator and representative of the site if he weren't so easily offended by people. I also think he's not always wrong and that the rest of the staff should back him up more than they currently do.
Yes, he is a little fragile, which he should work on.

I think Dr Super Good should be a map resource moderator again.
Agreed.

I think Rui would make a good Resources Director instead of Development Director.
Sure, I guess. Rui was also great with Warcraft 3 Modding.

I think Hawkwing should come back as a supporting arena moderator alongside Gilles.
Doubt it will happen, but whatever.

Speaking of which, I think Gilles should be a full arena moderator.
Does he want to be?

I think I could be a good Community Director if I could stop caring so damned much what people think of me.
In my opinion too many people still dislike you/don't know you (well, as if that seems to matter, but it should).

I think Mecheon should be listed as a "Global Moderator" instead of as a "Site Rule Enforcer," since his current title is misleading.
What's misleading about it?

I think Hakeem should be a global moderator, right there with Mecheon.
Agreed.

Level 6
Rising Dusk, dissapear please! You don't have right anything to say. You are here only to infarct people like me, and I will never accept you as Site Director! How dare you to speak anything about General Frank and rest of people here! You didn't notice that since you are one ,,bloody admin" you caused more problems in this place! And more dramas. Stop now with those shits damn you!

Caused more drama? Ha! From my lowly, user-only point of view, it appears to me that many people are in fact agreeing with him. And what does that mean? The numerous moderators/directors/whatever are finally cooperating. This is the best I've personally seen the staff get along in a long time, and the solution is practically inches from us, all because Rising_Dusk was able to bring everyone together. He has actually created more solutions than problems, but the public is simply unaware or too biased. Not to mention extremely unappreciative...

Level 36

I don't want to take either side in this but I do think that was uncalled for. Comments like that are exactly the reason why Dusk decided to stop helping this site.

Level 14
It's fine, they are to be expected. If I were fully gone, I wouldn't have made this topic anyways. I'm sorry that you don't like me anymore, MasterHaosis, but really, if you want to talk to me about it then do so via private message. Thanks.
PurplePoot said:
In my opinion too many people still dislike you/don't know you (well, as if that seems to matter, but it should).
That's true.

He's not really all that close to the community in the first place. His current position is nothing close to what he spends his time doing, that's for sure.

I don't think that change would happen so quickly.

I think Frank would make a good Art Director if he could be more courteous and less angry in many of his dealings with people that break a few rules here and there. Perhaps less vindictive is the right way to put it.

That's for sure. He's a great director but he does stuff to quickly and for reasons that aren't always good enough.

I think Archian should be fired.

I'd have to agree.

I think Cavman should be fired.

Meh.

I think BlinkBoy should be fired.

Elenai and Dan Van Ohllus should be able to handle the Art Sections on their own.

I think Elenai should be fir-- Just kidding!

YOU BETTER BE KIDDING!

I think Elenai is good where he is, but would be a better moderator and representative of the site if he weren't so easily offended by people. I also think he's not always wrong and that the rest of the staff should back him up more than they currently do.

I agree completely.

I think PurplePoot should come back as the Development Director, like he said he would consider doing if I could actually manage to shape the site up. :)

That would be the best thing that would have ever happened to the Hive.

I'll have to think about it. I don't have tons of time, Hive is way too distracting for me, and it seems that whatever I did, back when I was a moderator, went wrong.

Speaking of which, I think Gilles should be a full arena moderator.

Sure. I think that you and maybe Ghan_04 should be stripped of your Arena Moderatorship though. The only reason you got it was to help out here and there, but now you have permanent global moderator powers - just get your name removed from that listing.

I agree.

I think Mecheon should be listed as a "Global Moderator" instead of as a "Site Rule Enforcer," since his current title is misleading.

It's a small change, it doesn't really need to be discussed. If you think that's what should happen then go ahead.

Level 36
PurplePoot said:

That's how I felt at first. I felt a bit intimidated and offended by Dusk coming in and sort of taking power unofficially. After a while, though, I realized that he really did know what he was doing and was doing it for the good of the site.

Furthermore, those thoughts help me better understand MH's comment not just as him being a dick about it (like most people would probably think) but because he is feeling the same way I did at first. I'm sure that eventually people will get used to the fact that Dusk is helping us and not hurting us.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think Dr Super Good should be a map resource moderator again.
Well, that would be advisable as my moderator title does state that I am. Also I do have power over the recource threads, just not the ability to moderate recources.

I personally would not mind having sections like WEHZ and map development as well, but Rui seems to enjoy moderating them so much.

True, but I dought he has the time when he does change, afterall he is soon going to Uni and also is working on his bird dog RPG which I guess must eat up quite a lot of his active time.

You should not worry so much about what people think of you. Just because you are an administrator, or a moderator, or even a normal user makes you the same person. If people think differently about you because of your position, eithor you behave differently (which I dought you would) or else they are worried because they are doing something against the rules.

Level 40
That's how I felt at first. I felt a bit intimidated and offended by Dusk coming in and sort of taking power unofficially. After a while, though, I realized that he really did know what he was doing and was doing it for the good of the site.

Furthermore, those thoughts help me better understand MH's comment not just as him being a dick about it (like most people would probably think) but because he is feeling the same way I did at first. I'm sure that eventually people will get used to the fact that Dusk is helping us and not hurting us.
It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. The thing is that directors are a political role too, and if people don't accept you and your actions then it isn't effective, regardless of how hard you try.

Level 35
# I think Elenai should be fir-- Just kidding!
# I think Elenai is good where he is, but would be a better moderator and representative of the site if he weren't so easily offended by people. I also think he's not always wrong and that the rest of the staff should back him up more than they currently do.

Well...this is unprecedented.

...I feel a little better I guess...

Thanks. Not sure why, but thanks.

Level 36
It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do. The thing is that directors are a political role too, and if people don't accept you and your actions then it isn't effective, regardless of how hard you try.

I agree somewhat, but I think we should give it some time. We have a lot of stubborn idiots at this site, and you have to remember that everyone reacted somewhat like this to Ghan_04 being so quickly promoted, but now he is a valued member of the staff and nobody really seems to have a problem with him.

Not to railroad the topic or anything, but the only way I'm coming back is if the deal is sweetened. Though I see no reason why it should be and I can't imagine how that can be done. I have other higher priority things to do now and I'll be sacrificing my time for the Hive if I want to come back. If I improve my work habits I'll have time, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

Edit: What I meant by this is that I don't think it's really worth it, especially since I kind of stopped enjoying moderation. This sweetened deal would be some sort of twist that would make moderation for me more fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
Level 19
Not to railroad the topic or anything, but the only way I'm coming back is if the deal is sweetened. Though I see no reason why it should be and I can't imagine how that can be done. I have other higher priority things to do now and I'll be sacrificing my time for the Hive if I want to come back. If I improve my work habits I'll have time, but I don't see that happening any time soon.

YOU SELFISH SON OF A--no, im kidding, but seriously Hawk, im sure your time on the computer can go a little towards the Hive.

Status
Not open for further replies.