• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Round Table of Arkain

Level 20
Hi everyone! It's been awhile. I've decided to return with a video I've actually recorded back in January, but didn't upload for some reason. In this video I'm playing Defense of Home (on Hard), modified to fit the "Reforged" style... it was a disaster, but I think this is the closest we will ever get to "Legends of Arkain Reforged". :D

Level 19
So far what Shar Dunred revealed to us how the Orcs formed Alliances with many races and then forming into the Tribal Dominion in Salria.
Death Breeze (Vanessa and Rangul's side):Ogre Legion, Red Dragons, and hopefully Shield bearers make a comeback, right? Hehehe, Right?...
Anyways
Dark Mind and Iron Thunder: Cyclopes and venomous Spiders.
Death Breez(Grofzag's side) and Ravaging fire: Rock Golems and Bearmen
Gold Axe: Goblins
CliffHunter: Dark Trolls, Centaurs and Gnolls (Including their Harpies)
SkullBlade: Murlocs and Pigmen

Then with the recent release of the latest interlude, involving the Deaths of both Rangul and Ephrog for the orcs. This made to question for the future of Arkain and how things flow.
Because of the death of Rangul, this might cause tension for a succession crisis within the Orcs clans, especially for Amari and Gorthog (Not counting Sasrogarn he is an idiot). If Gorthog Survives against the blood thirsty rage of Dorbric. Do you think a civil war mission between the Orcs and their allies be possible? Cause if it does? They are so screwed...

And which leads to this question: I wonder what are the others' stand to this?
Hortnog doesn't care tradition as long money is involved, so I guess he be joining Amari's cause for a better change, plus it might save their wordly profits.
Zarimak is developing but I'm still uncertain what is his stand if a civil war breaks out.
Will Destroyer join Grothog's side to keep tradition alive or join Amarii's side to have a better change for their people, plus will Destroyer die in the end? Cause he has already contributed so much to the True story compared to his... First Orc book counterpart...
Then what about Inara and Lokar, what is their stand if a civil war breaks out?
And lastly the Allies they gathered, what is their stand if the Orcs start to bicker among another?...

Level 12
Will there ever be custom voice lines for characters now that AI can generate them?

Level 12
Got a funny response from ChatGPT when asked.
"Legends of Arkain" is a custom campaign created for the real-time strategy game "Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne." The campaign was created by a Warcraft III modding community called "The Hive Workshop" and features a unique storyline, characters, and gameplay mechanics.

In "Legends of Arkain," players take on the role of three heroes: the human paladin, Leonidas; the orc warrior, Grom Hellscream; and the night elf archer, Anriel. The heroes are on a quest to save the world of Arkain from the invasion of an evil force known as the Shadow.

The campaign features a non-linear storyline with multiple paths and endings, as well as new units, items, and abilities for the player's heroes. It has received positive reviews from the Warcraft III community for its challenging gameplay and well-crafted story.

Level 29
Got a funny response from ChatGPT when asked.
"Legends of Arkain" is a custom campaign created for the real-time strategy game "Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne." The campaign was created by a Warcraft III modding community called "The Hive Workshop" and features a unique storyline, characters, and gameplay mechanics.

In "Legends of Arkain," players take on the role of three heroes: the human paladin, Leonidas; the orc warrior, Grom Hellscream; and the night elf archer, Anriel. The heroes are on a quest to save the world of Arkain from the invasion of an evil force known as the Shadow.

The campaign features a non-linear storyline with multiple paths and endings, as well as new units, items, and abilities for the player's heroes. It has received positive reviews from the Warcraft III community for its challenging gameplay and well-crafted story.
Leonidas is from 300, Grom from Warcraft, but who the hell is Anriel?

Level 27
The heroes are on a quest to save the world of Arkain from the invasion of an evil force known as the Shadow.
Anti-Brian propaganda? Nice try, Aridon, you can't fool me this time.

Also, imagine if Grom is the Deathbreeze chieftain. Instead of uniting the clans, he would doom them all by making everyone drink from a suspicious fountain, turning them all into Demon Slaves.

Level 3
I have no such plans at the moment.
if you ever do id do it 100% free i am not professional or even in a field like it but id be grateful just to help add to any of this in any way this is still one of the most interesting and creative original story to me

Last edited:

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Y'all still remember a certain poll we made quite a while back?
I asked you who should rule the world of Arkain - and these were the top 11 back then!

While there have been some slight changes in the poll since, the results are still mostly the same.
I wonder what it would have been like if I had asked now rather than back then!

Anyway, I wanted to use those results and have put these Arkain characters in a new environment,
one that allows a lot of customization and lets them interact with each other - Age of Wonders 4.
At the moment I have put 9 of the characters in there - why nine instead of ten? Because the game
changed the player limit from 12 to 9 pre-release. There are mods to change it but I have not used them
yet. So I chose a random 9 and created them - you can take a look at them in the album here or the hidden
tag below.
Yes, I will create the missing ones and probably more Arkain characters as well and put them in random scenarios
against each other.

Will this have any impact on the True Story of Arkain?
No
. This is just a side project because Arkain has long infiltrated many parts of my life when it comes to games, no worries.
I do intend to use these for some more Arkain-related shenanigans in AoW4 though that I also intend to share if you're interested.
I have only made one testing game with all these nine characters before and... well things happened that were quite hilarious and
interesting at the same time.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Last edited:
Level 19
@Shar Dundred

So I assumed these characters you displayed are:

1.) Aedal Red fist
2.) Inaraa
3.) Aridon
4.) Sir Edoras
5.) Brian or Bharrazel
6.) A Scarec BoneLord or Rahandir
7.) It either Reynald Van Durce or Marin the Engineer.
8.) General Aveen Elvir

also is it possible to make a two headed Ogre, like Brockta, in your game?

Shar Dundred

Community Moderator
Level 72
Last edited:
Level 27
Come to think of it, Aedale got a better appearance, earned more respect (or fear), became more powerful, and had a succubus inside her 24/7.

Suddenly, joining the Demons seem more appealing. Maybe Genethas did nothing wrong after all. I hope Gardon didn't see me writing this and then stab me from behind before I can finish this sen

Level 29
i hate to say that but genethas had a point why should he and his men die for someone that most likely sitting on his throne and doesn t know they exist in the first place
I bet that, in a couple of years, historians from Arkain will put Genethas in a gray light, since he had a point. The Emperor abandoned the Kingdoms, plotted the Retka rebellion, sent the Regiments to their deaths, abandoned the Golden Guard that were his best and most loyal troops...

Level 27
I don't have a solid opinion or personal preference about the Emperor. However, I can give you some insight as to what goes in his mind.

When too many people die in a war, one tends to look at them as a number and not as individual people anymore, similar to the Emperor. Genethas was rightfully frustrated when the ones who got their hands dirty were not cared about by their own ruler. The Demons took advantage of his emotions and manipulated him to further their gains.

In conclusion, as a soldier of the Ironfist, I do not have my own personal opinion on the Emperor. While Genethas is a misguided man, I do not condone any act of demon-worshipping and betrayal.

Glory to the Ironfist. Glory to King Gardon Bloodclaw.

Level 11
I bet that, in a couple of years, historians from Arkain will put Genethas in a gray light, since he had a point. The Emperor abandoned the Kingdoms, plotted the Retka rebellion, sent the Regiments to their deaths, abandoned the Golden Guard that were his best and most loyal troops...
true enough
I don't have a solid opinion or personal preference about the Emperor. However, I can give you some insight as to what goes in his mind.

When too many people die in a war, one tends to look at them as a number and not as individual people anymore, similar to the Emperor. Genethas was rightfully frustrated when the ones who got their hands dirty were not cared about by their own ruler. The Demons took advantage of his emotions and manipulated him to further their gains.

In conclusion, as a soldier of the Ironfist, I do not have my own personal opinion on the Emperor. While Genethas is a misguided man, I do not condone any act of demon-worshipping and betrayal.

Glory to the Ironfist. Glory to King Gardon Bloodclaw.
you know if we were on the same side here we would have become friends but sadly i stand with the golden guard in the conflict gardon have gone too far and must be stopped and we will be victorious because we are the best of the best :)

Level 27
As a soldier of the Ironfist, it's not my place to have personal preferences or opinions about certain factions. However, I can understand why someone might find the Golden Guard visually appealing.

I can acknowledge that the Emperor, or whoever is behind him, is manipulating the Golden Guard, which may affect my perception of their actions. It is also common knowledge that excessive arrogance is a trait shared between many Golden Guards, which I do not condone.

In conclusion, while the Golden Guard may be preferred by many people, it is still within humanity's best interest to aid King Gardon and his efforts to reunite mankind under one banner.

No, I'm not being held hostage.

Level 19
Zergy: Alright you 2 (@Guardian of the flame and @nchp 1903) break it up. Break it up.

Lenard: The chapter of the show down between the Golden Guard and the Iron Fist isn't out yet.

Zergy: Hold your, grudges for a bit longer. This thread is the Shadow council of Arkain! There will be no Squabbling. Not just yet...

Lenard: Zergy, I dunno if these Humans would listen to an Ogre like us?

Zergy: Are you questioning All humans Lenard? Including the master of Arkain Himself, @Shar Dundred?

Lernad: Yes! Humans... they're all the same to me! They steal, they are always fighting and then you got their dark deeling with-

Zergy: Alright, we get it! Shut your mouth Lenard. We do not want ruin our repuration futher with the council and the Master himself. Yeeesh... My day in this council keeps getting interesting.

Lenard: Hmp... And they call us Ogres uncivilized...

Level 6
Y'all still remember a certain poll we made quite a while back?
I asked you who should rule the world of Arkain - and these were the top 11 back then!

While there have been some slight changes in the poll since, the results are still mostly the same.
I wonder what it would have been like if I had asked now rather than back then!

Anyway, I wanted to use those results and have put these Arkain characters in a new environment,
one that allows a lot of customization and lets them interact with each other - Age of Wonders 4.
At the moment I have put 9 of the characters in there - why nine instead of ten? Because the game
changed the player limit from 12 to 9 pre-release. There are mods to change it but I have not used them
yet. So I chose a random 9 and created them - you can take a look at them in the album here or the hidden
tag below.
Yes, I will create the missing ones and probably more Arkain characters as well and put them in random scenarios
against each other.

Will this have any impact on the True Story of Arkain?
No
. This is just a side project because Arkain has long infiltrated many parts of my life when it comes to games, no worries.
I do intend to use these for some more Arkain-related shenanigans in AoW4 though that I also intend to share if you're interested.
I have only made one testing game with all these nine characters before and... well things happened that were quite hilarious and
interesting at the same time.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

Just look at how smoking hot Adelae is under demon influence.
By looking at it, turns out Lady Meya really mess up with her choices.

Level 8
Hey... I haven't been here in a while.
I am honestly surprised by the level that Shar has achieved in Arkain's writing, for a long time I have tried to return... But unfortunately I still haven't managed to get a computer to play the campaigns, so I'm just passing through (I hope someday to finish the campaign).
Really what makes me feel bad is the promise to analyze each boni of each mission to see which is better or under what circumstances they can work, I apologize if anyone really expected it (was there anyone?).

Note: I decided to write again since I found the notebook where I had the notes and remembered that I had my time not to review Arkain.

Level 8
just caught up with the new maps. I gotta say, damn. a lot of changes from the second books. orie making an appearance, lord brian telling gardon the story of 'the four' instead of the succubus telling aedale. harmos hating on vail, and the introduction of van durce's children. also, the part where aridon was angry was really satisfying to watch. mainly because i believed that he's just playing god as brian said, justifying his actions as if they're the absolute truth. really interesting to see how their war goes. and also interested to see the interactions of the ironfist and tribal dominion from here.

Level 20
After many reflections on my culling list, I ran into a problem... I just don't want most characters dead. So a lot of these will be less me actually wanting their death and more "I wouldn't be bothered if they were to die".

But first, one dishonorable mention :
  • Rath Wolfscar : and to contradict my previous point, here is the character who's death I wished for even in the FOB. Being able to kill him in SOB was the highlight of this campaign and I was relieved to see you can still do it in the true story.
Now onto the list proper (in a random order) :
  • The Bonelords (I suppose it wouldn't be fair to count them as 3 entries) : they probably would come back regardless, but even if they don't, it's not like the Scarec nexus doesn't have hundreds of other fanatic skeleton madmen so...

• Cora Redfist : I mean... she spends the entire war studying dark magic "to save her sister" and yet seems to completely forget her (going with the SHB prediction) so... kinda deserved.

• Aridon : This one is less "I don't care about his death" and more "his death would make so many things interesting". I just want to see the chaos with all the undead going wild without Aridon.

• Glareth the Great : Don't get me wrong, he's funny. But since he doesn't really interact with anyone and just seems to keep going insane in his corner (just in a very vocal manner), I don't think anyone would miss him.

• Saphira Whisperwind : I never really liked her. The way she claims the moral high ground while being with Aridon's goons... Well she's more interesting in the true story by being free from Aridon but I need to get to 6 entries.

• Lisara : Nothing personal. I just want Aedale to not die.

Level 20
Here are the characters I want to see dead:

7. Zoia Blackwolf

I uhh... don't like Zoia. Until we got to know her backstory, I thought she was interesting. Once we got to know, that she is just the sister of Blen's wife, and she hates Blen because he abandoned them, I felt disappointed. THAT IS IT? That's no reason to kill him, or to do any of the other things she did, like slaughtering the soldiers in her way to Blen, who had NOTHING to do with what happened between her family and Blen. She comes off as a petty, needlessly cruel, self righteous idiot, who's biggest concern was dealing with her sisters ex, when literally the entire world and humanity itself was at stake. Also, I think her behavior towards Aedale is creepy.

6. The Bonelords

I don't think I have to explain why. They are genocidal maniacs, who want nothing else than to kill everyone. I hate them for what they did to the Salrian royal family.

5. Inara

She betrayed Lokar, lied to Rath and so on... She needs to die.

4. Lady Meya

Psycho death knight. She also has a disturbing necrophilia paired with an unhealthy vanity. Her dying would certainly make Arkain a better place.

3. Okri

I like the Destroyer. Okri wants to kill the Destroyer. I want Okri to die.

2. Lisara

Aedale deserves to be happy, and as long as Lisara lives, I don't think that's possible. (Can you even kill Lisara without killing Aedale, now that they have become one?)

1. Aridon

I hate Aridon. He wants to uphold some kind of "balance", but in reality, his actions just cause even more conflict. He has a literal slave army, and he is not afraid to use it. If he doesn't like what you are doing, he is going to come after you. Because Aridon is a paranoid control freak, with an obsession. Balance. Aridon likes to rob people of their free will, and then make them do things they don't want to do (Saphira and Mordin). He is a self righteous, self absorbed, backstabbing lunatic, who thinks the world is better off with him pulling the strings. He calls himself the protector of Arkain, however, in reality, his actions show that he doesn't care about Arkain, or its various races. He is deluded and his machinations all serve a pointless purpose. I think Aridon is the true villain of Legends of Arkain, a creature that must be stopped, no matter the cost.

Level 5
Who should be dead?

So, can I just say "all from the Undead of Arkain list, starting from The Watcher" without writing down all the names?

+ I would love to add Zoia Blackwolf and Lisara.

And Gardon Bloodclaw. Not because I hate him, but because I believe it would make the plot more interesting.

upd: edits are just a matter of grammar

Last edited:
Level 11
i want
1-zoia to die because she is the reason why blen is dead i am sure if blen was alive he would have managed to change somethings that happend
2-inara she cares for nothing but revenge and that made her another rath
3-lisara she deserve to die for corrupting aedale
4-vail her death would make everything that gardon done be for nothing
5-duke redfist i don t hate him but i don t like him either so yeah kill him
6-okri because she is annoying :)
7-largoth because he is the reason why gardon and vandurce have to fight each other

Level 21
1) Sir Edoarus: Non-existent in the story after introduced early. If he will reappear and do something important this far in, then he should have had some sort of presence throughout the middle acts. Also, how do you even say this guy's name?? Ed-oh-aur-us? Ed-aur-us?? Ee-dwahr-us???
2) Galareth the Great: Non-existent in the story after introduced early. If he will reappear and do something important this far in, then he should have had some sort of presence throughout the middle acts.
3) Dogran: Poor guy has zero spoken lines.
4) Larine the Exile: I've always felt this character's role should have been filled by Salana even going back to SHB. I get how/why they are separate characters now, but being able to make Salana the Queen in SHB was chef's kiss in terms of story outcome to me because she felt like a fully set up and utilized character versus a legacy character of the first books to be disposed of and replaced.
5) Queen Keera: Make her Mana Burn do 300 damage, else I'd like her to be dead. Replace with Haran'tel, Undead Lera, or Saphira for Dead Forest.
6) Lord Marin: This guy and his base is just an asshole to beat in the GG fortress missions from the second books.
7) Pick any one of the hundreds of footman heroes with Avatar and put 'em right in the trash.

1-3 are characters that don't have much to do, then Marin is a personal dislike based solely on past gameplay. Larine and Keera are two I sort of feel like didn't have to exist in the first place. There are some other characters I may not like per say, but they have important roles that I appreciate for making the plot interesting and move forward in some way.

Despite my rant at the end of Dead Forest about the # of characters, nearly every one of them has something going on or at the very least a setup for something later. Two that are on shakey ground for me are Generals Aveen and Kenos... these two have the smallest crumb of setup but otherwise close to falling into that 1-3 bucket for me.

Last edited:
Level 20
4) Larine the Exile: I've always felt this character's role should have been filled by Salana even going back to SHB. I get how/why they are separate characters now, but being able to make Salana the Queen in SHB was chef's kiss in terms of story outcome to me because she felt like a fully set up and utilized character versus a legacy character of the first books to be disposed of and replaced.
I get why you would say that, but consider the fact that Salana was saved by the undead. She didn't get disposed of, she will have a role in the story later. (I admit I'm kind of biased, because Larine is one of my favorite characters.)

Level 7
List of Characters to see dead in descending order:
1. Aridon: He's a real ass and a terribly paranoid control freak who's filled with all manner of delusions and refuses to see the reality that his actions are doing more harm than good. No wonder Bhaarizel and Largoth hate him so much.
2. Inara: She's become no better than Rath at this point, and if she isn't killed she'll likely cause more trouble for Amari and the Dominion down the road, who just want to build a new home in peace.
3. Orie Redfist: She might have had a minor role so far, but I feel she's the kind that if not killed will only cause trouble like Inara. It's mostly based on what I saw in the Second Human Book, but I think her to be the very manipulative type.
4. Largoth: He's a rather pitiful type, but yet another kind of guy that should die before he becomes more trouble later on. Who knows if he won't become another Aridon in the process.
5. Zoia: I get her hate for Blen, but at the same time she just doesn't come off as a very trustworthy type when it comes to actually working for a common cause against a greater enemy. She willingly killed Blen - robbing a potential ally and one of the Empire's greatest commanders - over a personal grudge. While I get that she's just a Human being, my point stands.
6. Lisara: Nothing personal against her, but I feel for Aedale, and I believe the poor girl would truly be free once Duke Redfist and Lisara are both dead.
7. Duke Redfist: He's a terrible father and an equally vengeful man who just wants to kill the Orcs for what they did to his first wife, and yet another trouble-that-must-die type.