• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Reputation FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm not so sure that it's happened at the Hive in the past, I believe the system has always been disabled here. Realistically, though, other sites have encountered this problem and having it perpetually disabled was their (effective) solution, so it's carried over. I also think it's disabled by default.
Eccho said:
Then why is Rising_Dusk having disabled reputation?
Because I may as well be a staff member.

Level 14
Ash said:
So be a staff member, and not someone who has disabled rep :p
I'd rather forfeit all of the work I do for the site than wear the crown. Too much obligation comes with being a member of the staff, I'd rather just wing it and help where I can. Poot can attest to that as well.

Level 15
I'd rather forfeit all of the work I do for the site than wear the crown. Too much obligation comes with being a member of the staff, I'd rather just wing it and help where I can. Poot can attest to that as well.

Well said. It's nice to see that someone genuinely wants to help out with the site, without wanting to have all of the attention that comes with being a member of the staff. Kudos to you Rising_Dusk, you deserve it.

Level 14
You do something utterly reprehensible and entirely against countless site rules.

A normal user can only give +4 rep maximum.
A moderator can give anything between -12 and +12 depending upon the circumstance.
An administrator can give any amount they please.

Level 22
> Post in admin contact 'I want my rep hidden' and voila! (Or walaa, whatever pleases you) Your done.

What? Who told you that?

- Staff members can universally give and take up to 12 rep to all members.
- Administrators do not have this restriction.
- Normal members can never give more than 4 reputation.
- As far as I know, no one has offered to disable anyone's rep. This is certainly open to change, but I do not know of any change currently.

Level 14
Ghan_04 said:
> Post in admin contact 'I want my rep hidden' and voila! (Or walaa, whatever pleases you) Your done.

What? Who told you that
It is not that easy, people are just taking what I said and exaggerating it. If you want your reputation disabled, you need to be a respected member of the community to the point where it is absolutely crystal clear that you will not abuse the feature to dodge negative reputation. It also must be understood entirely that if you break any rules, we will skip the negative reputation step altogether and go right to infractions.

Level 25
If you want your rep disabled, first things first, we have to LIKE you

If you're an annoyance who keeps getting on our nerves for whatever reason, then we're not going to make your rep invisible. Heck, we might even just neg rep you if the message is demanding enough

If you want to have your rep made invisible, and you are an upstanding member of the community who is generally liked, then we will. Otherwise? Don't count on it, buddy

Level 15
So, to paraphrase what Rising_Dusk said. If you want your rep disabled in order to avoid neg rep, don't think about it. You'll get an infraction (which can entail a temporary ban, and 10 infracs get you a permanent ban).

So, if you plan on causing trouble, just keep your rep enabled. Or better yet, don't cause any trouble at all.

I think Ralle just accidentally changed it to 2, then he switched it back to 10. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Either way, you don't want an infraction.

Yeah, you're wrong. It's still 2 points.

And you only get a permanent ban if the infractions that make it up are permanent. :p

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Be in the webmasters favour, imo.

The hive workshop isn't serious business, nor is it a cooperation. With that in mind, there is no 'collective voice' or public relations person--however certain staff members think to the contrary--thus there is no sure-fire way to get your rep disabled.

Just get to know ralle, don't get in trouble and ask him to disable it, or better still; stop bitching about a bloody green/purple/silver/red gem.

Level 15
Thanks for the correction Pyritie.

Volvox, the best way to find out if you're liked enough, is to post the thread asking to have your rep disabled. You should be able to discern the answer from whether or not they disabled it.

Lol Eleandor. I have to agree with you, these gems are getting annoying, and too many people put too much importance on them. People kind of get this attitude of; "I've got a blue gem, now get out of my face!" and i'm getting tired of it.

Level 14
Ash said:
Be in the webmasters favour, imo.
It is more in my hands to decide who has acted appropriately enough to deserve it. I then clear it with Ghan and it goes through; my recommendation is enough to pass it through. Ralle has been inactive a bit for some time now, so it's fallen onto us to take care of these things.
Ash said:
The hive workshop isn't serious business, nor is it a cooperation. With that in mind, there is no 'collective voice' or public relations person--however certain staff members think to the contrary--thus there is no sure-fire way to get your rep disabled.
You're wrong, of course. There is a sure fire way to get your rep disabled. Prove to us through your actions and words that you are deserving of it. Everyone who asks for it in admin contact gets a 'background check,' if you'll permit the term's use, by your's truly. If you pass it, you get it. It's that simple.
Ash said:
Just get to know ralle, don't get in trouble and ask him to disable it, or better still; stop bitching about a bloody green/purple/silver/red gem.
Ash, quit being a pest. You know your belligerent attitude is neither necessary nor appreciated, yet you persist. Have some bloody dignity.
Eleandor said:
I don't want to disable my rep... I want to disable EVERYONE's rep.
That will not be happening.
Eleandor said:
So when is that option going to be implemented?
It won't be. Do what Pyritie suggested if it's that much an impedance to your enjoying the website.
deathcom3s said:
Volvox, the best way to find out if you're liked enough, is to post the thread asking to have your rep disabled.
It has nothing to do with being liked. Trust me. I like some people here who I would never clear for disabled rep and people I think should be banned that I would. It has more to do with your background in the site and how much, if any, negative reputation you have received in the past. Anyone with an infraction can be guaranteed to not be approved for it.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
It is more in my hands to decide who has acted appropriately enough to deserve it. I then clear it with Ghan and it goes through; my recommendation is enough to pass it through. Ralle has been inactive a bit for some time now, so it's fallen onto us to take care of these things.

You're wrong, of course. There is a sure fire way to get your rep disabled. Prove to us through your actions and words that you are deserving of it. Everyone who asks for it in admin contact gets a 'background check,' if you'll permit the term's use, by your's truly. If you pass it, you get it. It's that simple.

Ash, quit being a pest. You know your belligerent attitude is neither necessary nor appreciated, yet you persist. Have some bloody dignity.

You say you're wrong as if it's a common occurrence, something which isn't quite the case as opinion isn't wrong. I also find it funny, neigh hilarious that you, among with some other people here, have kicked up 7 pages of drama over a couple of 'gems'.

I am thoroughly apologetic for the incorrect name usage, too; I simply thought it lied with Ralle, as opposed to you. Does it really make that much difference?

They're gems, dusk, not money. The 7 pages of drama have been fruitless and could've been spent on fixing some of the issues this site has, yet what you just posted has proven how retarded--and I don't mean that in a bad way--the staff's approach--yes, you are a staff member. Regardless if you have a useless title or not; you yourself have even stated that you may as well be one--is to fixing things.

You seemed overly aggressive in that post, I guess it's just a one off; we all have bad days.

Level 14
Ash said:
You say you're wrong as if it's a common occurrence, something which isn't quite the case as opinion isn't wrong. I also find it funny, neigh hilarious that you, among with some other people here, have kicked up 7 pages of drama over a couple of 'gems'.
Drama? I've seen more discussion of people trying to understand the system in 7 pages than drama. Have you actually read the thread? Aside from your posts and a slight few others, nothing's really been as you say it has.
Ash said:
I am thoroughly apologetic for the incorrect name usage, too; I simply thought it lied with Ralle, as opposed to you. Does it really make that much difference?
I don't know, we can leave that with the users that ask for disabled reputation to decide. So far, things have been really fair and objective. That's how they should be, right?
Ash said:
They're gems, dusk, not money. The 7 pages of drama have been fruitless and could've been spent on fixing some of the issues this site has, yet what you just posted has proven how retarded--and I don't mean that in a bad way--the staff's approach--yes, you are a staff member. Regardless if you have a useless title or not; you yourself have even stated that you may as well be one--is to fixing things.
I do not see what point this paragraph has other than to be aggressive, Ash. What does my position have anything to do with reputation.. The other 'site' issues are being fixed by their respective staff. (Except the stupid map section that no one will do even if I harass them) What other issues are there that need to be addressed? I've got a to do list and everything, and it all seems to be going fine.

I don't think I've been treating them like money or anything. As a matter of fact, I have only been explaining things, not complaining at all. I disabled my reputation without so much as a hitch and now others want to know how to do the same. I think it is the right thing to do to inform them how they can do it. Do you not agree?
Ash said:
You seemed overly aggressive in that post, I guess it's just a one off; we all have bad days.
What you perceived and what was present most certainly do not agree in this case.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
Dusk said:
I do not see what point this paragraph has other than to be aggressive, Ash. What does my position have anything to do with reputation.. The other 'site' issues are being fixed by their respective staff. (Except the stupid map section that no one will do even if I harass them) What other issues are there that need to be addressed? I've got a to do list and everything, and it all seems to be going fine.

I don't think I've been treating them like money or anything. As a matter of fact, I have only been explaining things, not complaining at all. I disabled my reputation without so much as a hitch and now others want to know how to do the same. I think it is the right thing to do to inform them how they can do it. Do you not agree?

You said you give a 'through background check' to people, then suggest things that an admin should be able to do himself. On top of that, the suggestions you make are, usually, accepted and enacted.

Yeah, I agree that we should do what you've said, but--as I'm sure you'll agree--some of the issues you've raised are simple enough to of been done by an admin, without having to have an advisor to tell him what to do. Certainly you'd be better suited for the job as opposed to a leader that doesn't have a clue?

I, once again, apologize if my post seemed aggressive; I was addressing the issue you'd pulled me up for. Lets be honest, it's been 7 pages of nonsense because things were enacted without explaining what was happening to the userbase beforehand.

Its been, more or less, a waste of time, as it could have easily been addressed in a news post--that is, 'hello hivers, we've decided to let some people have disabled rep, but the majority of you don't stand a chance', or words to that effect.

Also Dusk said:
What you perceived and what was present most certainly do not agree in this case.

I simply perceived someone telling me to shut up for conveying the point that it's only a gem as pushy.

This discussion, too, is also fruitless. To prolong it would be to condone baiting, and also waste even more time. We're both busy people--I need to get back to writing my novel on the meaning of life!--and this is certainly something we could do without :p

Level 14
Ash said:
Lets be honest, it's been 7 pages of nonsense because things were enacted without explaining what was happening to the userbase beforehand.
Yeah, that's my fault. I can't post in news. I agree with you there.
Ash said:
Certainly you'd be better suited for the job as opposed to a leader that doesn't have a clue?
That's not for me to decide, and I really don't want to alienate any of the other staff members. Everyone does something, I just don't think most know/care exactly what it is that needs to actually be done.
Ash said:
This discussion, too, is also fruitless. To prolong it would be to condone baiting, and also waste even more time. We're both busy people--I need to get back to writing my novel on the meaning of life!--and this is certainly something we could do without :pv
I consider friendly discourse hardly a waste of time. It's not like it takes very long to whip up a sensible response to a post -- at least for me. Your call, though, I won't respond here on in.

Ash

Ash

Level 22
I agree, and am still surprised at how we've, once again, managed to deduce something good from a completely off topic and, seemingly, random conversation.

However, I wasn't implying that our discussion is a waste of time, but it's in the wrong place, and unhelpful for other people.

Maybe we should discuss thing more often.

Status
Not open for further replies.