• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #4 - Mech/Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Bit more. Need beer.

Attachments

• groin.jpg
    groin.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 184
Level 13
While i like Killst4r's version better, this is more accurate. I do hope that all these WIP's im seeing will materialize into some feasible results.

Also: whats so bad about making SC models ?

Level 21
hmm? don't what you get by "Isn't he more of a... purple-y?" thing
The actually pinky is fleshy. My robot version's purple because I'm including him in my race of aliens' assourtment of robots, mechs, and vehicles (ships)
The inside mouth part is a regular metal color because it's usually inside the mouth and it doesn't need to have the same purple-ish color to blend in with the environment

Level 21
Xatoga, the doom version of the creature is called a Pinky, so I'm callig this a Robo pinky for now (until I can come up with an actual name)
Werewulf, I have a few reasons why the unwrap is hectic in that picture :p
One, I had to copy it into MS Paint first because GIMP won't let stuff be copied and pasted into it from outside the boundaries of the program.
Two, the awkward angle I put it at in the pic stretched out the skin
And three, it's hectic :D
http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s107/aquauzi/?action=view&current=c60a3244.flv Stand animation for my pinky robot I'm now calling a "Stygian Gnasher" lol
weird name, eh?
Having trouble on thinking of what to do for the walk animation, any suggestions?
Also a longer vid, it's blurry though

Last edited:
Level 12
I like yours RDZ. First thinkg I did with it: Wrap with the normal mech skin. Looks pretty good with and without it. I like some of the anims, not all though. The two spells look messed up, and someone could interperet the stands as him doing the robot. Like the throw anim, such a sweet attack.

Level 21
Looks pretty nice, WILL. BTW, it's not gonna have the same walk pattern as the SC Immortal, but I guess you could still use it as a reference
Here's two reasons
1. The Immortal has more joints in the legs
2. It's legs are placed differently
The texture I really like, and I can imagine it's gonna be awesome.

RDZ, love the spell throw animation. I don't know how you manage to make such good walk anims X-D

Level 13
Nice entries so far, I liked very much RDZ anims but the model is too boxy, the robo pinky is nice except for the weels :S, luv the goliath and the spider mech reminds me of a mech in an old snes game, Metal Warriors.
I didnt have much time this week so this is what I got, still missing the lower body. 1500 poligons so far :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 197
Nice entries so far, I liked very much RDZ anims but the model is too boxy, the robo pinky is nice except for the weels :S, luv the goliath and the spider mech reminds me of a mech in an old snes game, Metal Warriors.
I didnt have much time this week so this is what I got, still missing the lower body. 1500 poligons so far :)

Perhaps give him a booster pad instead of legs?

BTW.
AMAZING.

Level 13
Jig's model would look awesome if it was holding some kind of huge arsed 3 barreled gun with ridiculous proportions.

EDIT: Xatoga your going to impove the goliath texture right ?

Level 23
First thinkg I did with it: Wrap with the normal mech skin.
The Y3 skin layout does not match the Y2 layout you will be in possession of -- I suspect you will see the corners of the door on various segments.

The two spells look messed up...
Messed up in what way? You can't handle the fact that a robot might bow to something? Might stamp the ground in anger? Might throw a Glasgow kiss at nearby enemies?

... as him doing the robot.
Proposed dancing 'stand channel' was shelved due to three legged-ness.

after my 5 day absence, i now begin! Itsa two legged goliath styled mech that transforms into a 4 legged dragoon stlyed mech with a massive polaron/ion cannon onboard!

... How about you make a mech that turns into a stationary cannon instead? A bit like the siege tank from SC, but a mech instead of a tank.

Its already simpler.

Status
Not open for further replies.