• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

I have a glitch and I'm looking for assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have run into a problem and require assistance. My once quite good model as become glitchy. I was modifying the mouth and face and after I saved it to test it, things began to look weird. Pictures say it best so let me show what is going on.
In 3d studio max I have this.
max.jpg

It looks fine and good right? well I open it in world editor or war3editor and get this.
war3editor.jpg

war3editor2.jpg
war3editor3.jpg

I cannot understand why some things have chosen to show through other things. Especially the straps on the chest, because I have not touched them and they are now doing this. I thought it could be the texture, and so I tried editing that, but the results were the same.

I lack the skills and knowledge to correct this problem, so Maybe someone who has more skill could explain it, or even correct it for me. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• Aneroth.max
    244.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Aneroth.blp
    342.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Aneroth.MDX
    80.7 KB · Views: 89
Level 25
the model is blended...

1. option:
go to Basic 3D S.Max 5 - Chapter 1: Modelling and UVW-Map
and read the part Adding a Material