• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Forum Rule Clarification

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
This site wonders me every new day

every new day ban for writing own opinion other from the brainless masses

every new day many more maps judged with pointless criteria

every new day this kind of rule

I am wondering what will come next. Will we have to have triggers names in our maps in english or by alphabet order or...?

Level 34
Holy shit I'm sick of this thread already. I'd just lock this Ghan, they've had their say, wait and talk to Ralle about it.

Look, you have PMs. If you want help in your own language, PM someone and get it. If you want help on the forums, use English so we can all help you. If you want to talk and socialize in another language, use PMs. If you want to socialize with the community as a whole, use fucking English. It's not so hard.

Level 8
Your only sick of the thread because most, if not all, the people opposing your side make very good points.

I still cease to see a point in this "Clarification", as it never seemed to be a problem in the past.

Level 6
Damn... this website is racist... There shouldn't be any rule against talking in your own language. THW already has a rule about flaming people, no matter what language. So this new rule is useless and will just cause more problems (hence the comments above me).

Level 8
Boyfriend? Well I guess one without an arguement needs to resort to insults to win.

My point here is it's going to happen. There are pages of other languages in profiles, are you just going to ignore those?

Simply because I don't speak another language doesn't mean I cannot provide points as to why it is stupid to prevent it.

Level 11
We should have a polly for this. Wote to alove or disalove native diferent languages in visitors massage. Ofcourse in general discusion English-only.

We should have a polly for this. Wote to alove or disalove native diferent languages in visitors massage. Ofcourse in general discusion English-only.

Please learn to use spell check. Also we won't be having a poll for this because this isn't the users' decision - it's the staff's.

Level 13
Sarge is right...Look at Misha's profile , look at my profile , look at berzeker's profile , look at mechanical man's profile and many more...you will see visitor messages in other language then english...But if someone posts german , you wont do anythin because you understand it...

Level 18
Oh... So if it's so, if we make a total English conversion, I must be renamed Lord of Darkness and all of my VMs must be translated. Well, you are welcome to try. Check them one by one. Any mod knows Bulgarian?

Seriously, this rule is stupid. If some user feels insulted about a non-English PM, he/she can report personally. Or at least ask the sender abut the meaning.

HINDY, natural it is.

I think the community already cast the rule down.

Level 19
People, get serious, for christ sake!

Before we didn't even had visitor messages, and now we have something faster and more lazyer, you all want to claim it as 'my own little personal language chat wankpage'.

Another point: Moderators can not control what you are saying.
For example, you could be simply talking about xxx meanwhile moderators are like ???.

It was english before, the website is overall english, I don't see why that small part should change.
And I agree with Gilles, this thread should be closed because many are whining already.

Level 8
People, get serious, for christ sake!

Before we didn't even had visitor messages, and now we have something faster and more lazyer, you all want to claim it as 'my own little personal language chat wankpage'.

Another point: Moderators can not control what you are saying.
For example, you could be simply talking about xxx meanwhile moderators are like ???.

It was english before, the website is overall english, I don't see why that small part should change.
And I agree with Gilles, this thread should be closed because many are whining already.
So say I'm German speaking to another German. Why should I be forced to speak english in a profile, when my native language would be eaiser for me? If it is in a profile, on one is going to care, and it isn't necessary to use English.

Level 19
So say I'm German speaking to another German. Why should I be forced to speak english in a profile, when my native language would be eaiser for me? If it is in a profile, on one is going to care, and it isn't necessary to use English.

Obvious you don't read all what I posted.

"For example, you could be simply talking about xxx meanwhile moderators are like ???."

Level 21
Well Xarwin they can delete it, neg rep you , ban you...

MrBimbo he says that we can type what ever we want since moderators can't control what are we typing.

And this thread is over.People have spoken and said rule is useless.Ghan said that he will talk to Ralle.Now the best thing for us to do is wait and respect this rule until it is removed.

Level 4
I don't like this rule at all. But a rule is a rule and i guess we all need to stick by it. But what is wrong with useing other languages. It cant all be that bad haveing other people speaking something different i mean spelling in a different language.

Well i am sticking to the rule.

Level 12
first, you cannot argument with "this site is english" becouse that the logical circle.

becouse it is english->then only english is allowed

becouse only english is allowed->then the site is english

So becouse it is english, it is english. Ok, becouse the earth is flat, it is flat? (thats true, isnt it)

It is english couse everybody can understand, do someone care, that he cannot understand someone VM's? Well, this site is supposed (in theory, in practice it is something else) for users, not users for the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.