• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Famous' Terrain Showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
Holy shit you've improved. The second to last update is amazing, I love it. The twister is a good idea, but not the best terrain.

Level 7
The barrens-pic would be quite good ( I like the shrubs in the water ) but unfornately the horribile rocks destroy the hole atmosphere; the twister is okay, but I miss alot of "smaller" stuff which is flying around the twister.
And although 'water-reflections' aren´t new you did a good job even if the rocks are monotonous.

+ rep!

Level 25
Lolz @ deer in tornado :grin:

They are all great and you've made an immense improvement in your terraining skill. The rocks on the last one kind of ruined it though since it didn't blend at all; however, the reflection is pure pwnage. Good work! I'd give rep, but it won't let me. :p

~Craka_J

Level 7
The first of the new ones is very weak;
just a couple of shrubs + boring perspective.
The second one has still to much shrubs either, but the pond in the middle is a nice highlight.

Nevertheless not your best pieces of work. :O

Level 34
Holy shit you keep getting better. That's quite good famous. Wow.

@/Naze: You know I'm never wrong when it comes to terrain. How could you think that? ; )

Level 18
I love the sounds, erm... words of amazement.

You see, my terraining career all began when I was looking at KKRP's showcase, not an amazing terrainer, but his underwater terrains inspired me to start myself. And then good old Gillyweed here, taught me how to stack shrubs, and then I continued on into the terraining wreck I am today!

And another terrain. A construction, duh! A hell hound spawned from the very rock that it lives among.

Level 9
Hai thar Pker you wanted me to post here.
Ok The Hound is cool, BUT you need more detail in the background.
Since i am not a terrainer don't know what dood's you can add , so you think of something :p. Anyways you need something umm... fancy.Some effects that show that its been born and that its not some piece of rock.

Level 3
all very beautiful! the lasts i think are the best and i love that about the hell ! :D the souls' river with caronte and "Dante" xD (as i saw it ^^)

Level 18
u did a good job FamousPker49

many of them were very good

custom skys are awsome, im tryin to learn how to make them, but i need all these tools that i dont bother to get.

anyway, i found that in the picture with the desert with the low pyraimaid, it was good . It isn't " covered in shrubs "and crap.

though on the other hand it was a bit way to plain. If you add a few things of interest, like a cluster of cactai and maybe a camp of soilders, or a few small oasis ( the oasis might ruin the moment ) then it might be a legendary pic ( no imports , etc. .)

loved the peter pan pic ... with the flying ships xD

by the way Prince_Webby, there is no way to make terrain float, however if you use enouugh doodads ( say useing rocks as a kind of ground ,) and puting for instance , trees and shrubs that cover up everything except the edges, and use CTRL+ PG UP a lot of times, its possible to make a "floating city"
lol, i tried it, go check the showcase xD

Last edited:
Level 1
Dude these things are awesome now i wanna start doin that! lol could you tell me what tools you used to rotate objects and make the mountains? cause when i try to make mountains mine just are chunky and shaped like a block because of the raise height tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.