• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DvO/Kuhneghetz's Model Gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided to ditch my Mario Model Gallery thread so I can also show off some models unrelated to the Mario series.
But don't worry, when I feel like making Mario models, I'll post them here as well.

Anyway, here are some new simple shit (and some old unrelased stuffs):

attachment.php

Footwoman, Female Captain, Female BE Lieutenant

Cavman originally did the idea of making a Female version of the Footman and submitted his Footwoman.
Due to the difficulty to make a Footman model look feminine, I was tempted to make my own version, but using the Demoness model as a base and transfer the Footman animations to her (plus some extras for the additional usefulness).
And when I created the Footwoman, I also made female versions of Captain and Blood Elf Lieutenant.

attachment.php

Crystal Troopa (aka Shiny Koopa)

I made it for a Mario campaign I had some plans to make a long time ago, but that project went discontinued very fast (no big deal, because I lack of skill of making a decent campaign).

attachment.php

Shadow Mario and Metal Mario

Simple fast half-assed modifications of my Mario model, and they don't use any custom textures.
This was actually done for a request.
"WOW, DVO FULFILLED SOMEONE'S REQUEST?!!!! BUT YOU SAID YOU DON'T DO REQUESTS!!!"
I don't, but sometimes I tend to do something like "don't call us, we'll call you"-thing, and this guy was lucky that I did his request.
These two model will be mostly like never to be released in the database due to some wrap issues. I'm just too lazy to fix that.

attachment.php

Talking portrait models for Marine and Space Orc.

Marine portrait uses villager animations. Space orc uses grunt animations.
Could be used if you want the Marine and the Space orc to use their mouth when they talk.

attachment.php

Bloo (from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends)

I made this scratch-made model for the lulz, and the model use ingame textures. Lacks animations though. Even though I have 3DS Max 5, I still need to learn how to make a wc3 compatible rig, unless a potential animator wishes to animate this guy.
The cheesy grin is just a base set, so his stand animation will have a more neutral face look.

attachment.php

Jigglypuff (look, it's baldy, eheheheeehehe)

If you've played Pokémon games and/or Super Smash Bros games, you'll recognize this character.
Based on my Kirby model, and the model still needs hair and ears. Eyes are in perfect size because I looked at many references on the internet.
Extra note: Jigglypuff will sing in Stand Channel animation, and notes will pot out from it's mouth (custom texture by me), though I'll might add a microphe for it's singing.

20512d1200064303-pikachu-model-peak-shoe.jpg

Pikachu

Simple model edit from the Raccoon model.
I want to use aries_tae's own Pikachu animations, but I need to ask his permission first (hope he is active).

attachment.php

Triclyde

The three-headed fire-spitting snake boss in Super Mario Bros 2.
Based on the Hydra model.
Only changes needed are some wrap fixes and a more cartoonier skin (will do that myself someday).

19214d1198636889-shroomian-spiritual-slave-spiritualslave-screenie.jpg

Shroomian - Spiritual Slave

Not related to PyramidHe@d's Shroom race at all.
A worker unit for my very early work in progress of a new race, the Shroomian (humanoid shrooms), which is on hold.
Based on the Dreadlord.

attachment.php

Shroomian - Harlequin Mage

Living Shroomians are brownskinned, but this clowny guy uses make-up to intimidate enemies. And he's also exceptional at casting spells that can caurse fear to them, plus tranforming dead souls to Spiritual Slaves.
Head based on the Forest Troll model, and only the head is done.

attachment.php

Hammer Bro

Known for throwing hammers in Mario games (he threw Axes in the first though).
Based on my Koopa Troopa model. Will needs some texture changing to make him look more agressive and have minor different skin tones.

Note that the original Koopa Troopa model (along with Paratroopa and shells) is released in Wc3Campaigns, and will never be released in Hiveworkshop until Ralle improves the Pack Section.

attachment.php

High Elven Rogue

An old WIP model that was going to be used in a big project called "Revival of the High Elves", though that project is very much inactive (if not discontinued).
Base model is the Demoness.
And surprisingly, the wrap on this model's butt does really make it look like a butt.
Skin needs major change though.

Enjoy the watching!

Reading this is a MUST!!! said:
I will IGNORE posts that includes either the following:
- Requests.
- Asking how the progress is.
- Requests.
- Asking when/if the model will be finished.
- Requests.
- Asking when/if the model will be released for download.
- Requests.

- Most suggestions for a new model for me to take.
- Requests.
- Naruto.
- Requests.
- Requests.

So don't bother post these. This is NOT a request thread.

Attachments

• Footgirl.jpg
    Footgirl.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 5,404
  • CrystalTroopa.jpg
    CrystalTroopa.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 2,835
  • mariometal.jpg
    mariometal.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 2,515
  • Bloo.jpg
    Bloo.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 4,692
  • Jigglypuff.jpg
    Jigglypuff.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 3,144
  • portrait-addons2.jpg
    portrait-addons2.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 3,583
  • Triclyde.jpg
    Triclyde.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 2,456
  • harlequinmage.jpg
    harlequinmage.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 2,263
  • hammerbro.jpg
    hammerbro.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 2,308
  • HE-Rogue-WIP-Screeny.jpg
    HE-Rogue-WIP-Screeny.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 2,705
Last edited:
The footwoman looks better than Cavman's. And since I don't see this rule, I'll ask you IF the model will be released? :p

Thanks for notifying me about it, so I can change the rules a bit.
Bwahaha.

However, I will consider release the Footwomen models, but first I will fix some icons, screenies and ingame screenies for them.

I bet people will laugh their ass off if they know what this WIP model is going to be.

attachment.php

Yes, it will be 100% ingame textures.
Yes, the model is based on gotenkz's DBZ Base Model (though the Grunt animations are replaced by better and more fitting animations, like Blood Mage, Demoness and Beastmaster).
And according to his post, he made the DBZ Base model as a base character for other modelers to make anime/dbz models with, meaning it's open source. And he will absolutely be in credits of course.

Attachments

• rofl.JPG
    rofl.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 2,244
Last edited:
attachment.php

My pikachu is very much close to complete.

Face has been modified so he will look similar to the cartoon version and SBBB version.

Ears have better polies, but it seems wc3 shadows like to mock with me.

Tail is more stiffy so it does not make any weird streching in some animations.

I pretty much ditched the need of the extra animations from aries_tae's Pikachu model, so I used attack animations from a WoW Rat model (note that the base model I used for Pikachu is the Wc3 Raccoon, so I had to rename the WoW Rat's bones so the animation transfer would work correctly). Though I did mimiced his method of splitting the Raccoon Death animation (or more likely duplicating the animations and modified them), so the first part of that animation is now a Spell while the second part is Death.

Custom Decay Flesh and Decay Bone are added (Raccoon model doesn't have any decay animations in the beginning) using some duplicates of the model's death animations with additional modifications. And miraculously, it works ingame.

Attachments

• PikaModel.jpg
    PikaModel.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 1,873
I forgot to add that I used gotenkz's DBZ Base Character model to make this one.

Edit: For the head, I used Villager Child portrait as base, and used campaignscreen Arthas for the hair and that cannon missile thingy from one of the human warships for eyes, pupils and eyebrows.

†-Revellion-† said:
Almost epic win. Give the eyes some more detail.
But I kinda like the cartoony look on the eyes.

donut3.5 said:
The lips, and facial structure overall looks a bit feminine.
Lulz. (Though many anime males look pretty feminine in overall)

For the lips, if you meant about the red part, that's inside the mouth.

Anyway, here's how the model talks in portrait (yes, villager child animations). Bad gif compression though.
attachment.php

Attachments

• I_talk.gif
    I_talk.gif
    181.2 KB · Views: 910
100% ingame textures.

Eyes, pupils and eyebrows use plain textures. White.blp and Black.blp (I didn't use the Black32.blp because it will clash if a custom Morphed Demon Hunter skin will be used).
Mouth and ears use villager child.
Hair uses the campaignscreen Arthas hair with brown tinting (using geoset animation manager in Model Editor).
Neck and rest of the face use the campaignscreen bloodelf texture (the one with the naked body).
Upper body uses the campaignscreen bloodelf texture with blue tinting.
Hands use the gloves of campaignscreen Rexxar.
Pants from the cinematic Illidan.
Shoes from campaignscreen Footman.
Weapons from the Mortar Team.

Last edited:
Level 20
Heh I just realized that this thread shows other models you've been making. XD

Crystal Koopa looks really awesome. I'd probably use it in one of my maps I've been working on but your probably not going to release it here or anywhere else I guess so I'll do without.

JigglyPuff is coming along great. I think using your Kirby model to base it was a good idea.

I personally really like your Metal Mario you made. But how did you get the effect to work like that? I haven't really seen anything quite like it. It'd be neat to learn how you made it.

And (*thinks*I ask way to many questions sometimes.* XD Sorry.) how did you make the animated gif of your model's talking portrait. I'd love to be able to make animated gifs out of moving stuff like that.

Heh I just realized that this thread shows other models you've been making. XD

Crystal Koopa looks really awesome. I'd probably use it in one of my maps I've been working on but your probably not going to release it here or anywhere else I guess so I'll do without.

JigglyPuff is coming along great. I think using your Kirby model to base it was a good idea.

Thanks, Zerox.

Reason I haven't released the Crystal Troopa model is because of my lazyness. :ugly:
I might consider release it one day or another, since my idea of making a Mario campaign got scrapped.

I personally really like your Metal Mario you made. But how did you get the effect to work like that? I haven't really seen anything quite like it. It'd be neat to learn how you made it.

In Magos Model Editor, I made a custom Global Sequence, which I applied to a custom Texture Animation and applied that to the chosen Material layer.
Then via Notepad (or Notepad++) I pasted TVertexAnimId 0,
in one of the layers in the Materials cathegory. Note that Notepad can only open mdl files.

I learned that from looking at existing models with similar effect.
Plus WILLTHEALLMIGHTY gave me a hint on how to make the textures animate correctly.

And (*thinks*I ask way to many questions sometimes.* XD Sorry.) how did you make the animated gif of your model's talking portrait. I'd love to be able to make animated gifs out of moving stuff like that.

Camtasia Studio. Very useful screen recording software, though it's not free unfortunately.

Well, the model is already released, and the only fitting grenade launcing animation for the model would be the Spell Throw since my weapons shoots various missiles.

Though you would probably need to do some JASS or GUI triggering if you want the grenade throwing to sync with the animations properly. Don't ask me how, because I don't know.

attachment.php

New model in progress from me.

I've got a little inspired by the Heretic Weredragon and decided my to make my own version with a little help from the Owlbear model as base. Though my version will be a melee unit rather than being, like the Herectic's, a long ranged.

I'm aware that there are more stuffs I have to do to it before I can consider it finished (like tweaking the wraps, add horns, add modeled hands, and add something on his back).

Attachments

• weredragon-wip.jpg
    weredragon-wip.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 582
Quite finished (if not completely finished already =D ), and have added variations.
And no, I'm not going to add tails to them because tails are overrated when it comes to werecreatures and anthros, in my opinion. =P

attachment.php

Some people wonder why I didn't made a version with the other Frostwyrm texture (the ingame one, not the cinematic).
Well, I tried, but that texture is VERY much different from the other dragon textures and makes it look horrible on the model no matter how much I tweak the UV.

Attachments

• Weredragons.jpg
    Weredragons.jpg
    164.8 KB · Views: 592
I've got inspired by this and wanted to make a pre-beta (or alpha) look-a-like Dreadlord of my own using only ingame textures.

I still need to give the wings the Doomguard texture so it will look similar to the pre-beta Dreadlord's wings.
And the skirt part is quite stiff, so I might have to tweak the animations using tools like Warforger or Mdlvis.

attachment.php

Note: Shoulderpads, gauntlet-thingies and the patterns on the bottom skirt do not have any alpha channels, so I can't give them teamcolor.

Attachments

• pre-beta-look-a-like-dreadlord-wip.jpg
    pre-beta-look-a-like-dreadlord-wip.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,573
Status
Not open for further replies.