• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

DIIIW Inventory

Level 8
un/equip via double(left)click? :p

====
maybe you can do it somehow different

as i understood its atm: select item -> select drop item button
maybe you could make it: select drop item button (and activate mode) -> click on all items you want to drop

just an idea and it might turn out to work pretty bad, because you will probably drop some items you did not want to drop :p

same is possible with selling items ;)

un/equip via double(left)click? :p
Hell, why not? Would be 2 function calls :D

as i understood its atm: select item -> select drop item button
Exactly.

maybe you could make it: select drop item button (and activate mode) -> click on all items you want to drop
Again, a nice idea! :) But then you could missclick xD

just an idea and it might turn out to work pretty bad, because you will probably drop some items you did not want to drop :p
Check above :D lol.

same is possible with selling items ;)
Selling items.. Hm, didn't thought about that. I guess I will a new window where you can see your slot items and the items which can be bought.

Level 17
I thought you mean that if you double click on for example a weapon in your bag, it will swap slot with the already equiped item. So insted of clicking on weapon, and then weapon slot, you just double click the item you want to equip (or un-equip).

I would love such a feature. :p

Level 8
I thought you mean that if you double click on for example a weapon in your bag, it will swap slot with the already equiped item. So insted of clicking on weapon, and then weapon slot, you just double click the item you want to equip (or un-equip).

I would love such a feature. :p
i kinda ment that too!

that other thing would just slow you down... and it's not really hard to make a real doubleclick function (just something like a check, if the clicked location is the same 2 times?)

Level 8
kinda nice, if the slots would have different icons :p
just saying... for viewers it's hard to tell in which slot you put the stuff

but yeye, i know... the ui can be changed and blah, so dont tell me ;)

anyway
i guess it would be a very diablo-ish style if you make items unidentified
that means: you dont know the effect (and can not equip it) until you have identified it
you could also add a questionmark doodad (you know these, dont you) above the item doodad, to show the player instantly which item is not yet identified

and i also thought about showing that an item can not be equiped by your hero (cause of requirements, etc), by just adding a red doodad (with like 75% alpha channel) on top of it. just like the unidentified items ;)

same with the two handed weapons. i saw in your video, that it looks like a one handed thing, but you could in fact make the offhand colored red or changed in another way (like disabled btn doodad)

oh and one last thing:
you should add the potions in the same order as you have them in your fsi
in your video you put a potion in the second slot of.. whatever it is, but in the heroes inventory it appers in the first slot
if it's the same slot, it would be less confusing... maybe..

and i also thought about showing that an item can not be equiped by your hero (cause of requirements, etc), by just adding a red doodad (with like 75% alpha channel) on top of it. just like the unidentified items ;)
Can easily be added.

same with the two handed weapons. i saw in your video, that it looks like a one handed thing, but you could in fact make the offhand colored red or changed in another way (like disabled btn doodad)
Hmm that would be more complicated. I'll think about that.

you should add the potions in the same order as you have them in your fsi
in your video you put a potion in the second slot of.. whatever it is, but in the heroes inventory it appers in the first slot
if it's the same slot, it would be less confusing... maybe.
Yeah, but for that I have to add dummy items and remove them to fix this annoying thing.

Level 11
To show into what slot you can drag an item I choses for my inventory to highlight the allowed slots by a flashing marker instead of coloring hte forbiddon slots.

And for that problem with the incorrect slot in the heros inventory I used fakeitems too. Means removing every item carried by the hero and adding fakeitems for empty slots.

Level 11
In my inventory you can drag'n drop items to equip them or double click to use/equip. It's not that complicated to implement. I think all inventory of the uptodate games out there are based on that functions.

Level 11
Item stacking and stack splitting? You can stack a stackable item by dragging it on a not full stack of the same item type. And for splitting a stack you have to press up arrow and left klick the stack. A dialog prompts up where you can set the number of items you want to split from stack. Than by clicking another slot, the wanted number of items is moved to that slot. For dropping from stack and out of the inventory I use down arrow+click for opening the dialog.

I already have item stacking, you can check the videos of the first post.
(I also have item combining)

And for splitting a stack you have to press up arrow and left klick the stack. A dialog prompts up where you can set the number of items you want to split from stack.

Than by clicking another slot, the wanted number of items is moved to that slot. For dropping from stack and out of the inventory I use down arrow+click for opening the dialog.
Now thats bad. This wasn't meant to be complicated, but easy to use. I might add the auto split when clicking 3 times on the same item which is chargeable. Other then that, stacking is just an optional module in my library.

Level 12
hey anachron. Is this inventory gonna have charms? like items you have in your bag and then it gives you bonuses. Also maybe you should add a module that allows you to give your "own" bonus and with own bonus i mean that you can increase the value of some variable and add your own text like +15 YOURVARIABLE/VALUE. This could be useful if you have a custom damage, health point, mana point etc system.

Oh and do you got any progress on this ?

hey anachron. Is this inventory gonna have charms? like items you have in your bag and then it gives you bonuses. Also maybe you should add a module that allows you to give your "own" bonus and with own bonus i mean that you can increase the value of some variable and add your own text like +15 YOURVARIABLE/VALUE. This could be useful if you have a custom damage, health point, mana point etc system.
Already implemented. / Makeable with using one of my modules which are already working.

Oh and do you got any progress on this ?
Not until yet, but I'll work on it later this day.

Level 12
i was more thinking if it was possible to do something like this:
JASS:
        set ci = CreateCustomItem('ratf')
        [set ci.YOURVALUE = x]

but else i can just detect when equipped and then add my bonuses and then remove then when it gets unequipped.

Wehrm, I made a module for that. Module is called CIItemInfo. There you store all the information you need to. It has a textmacro so you can add info with one line, so you can put any value into it. So yes, you can do that too.

But you can then hook the item events, meaning you can check for your setted value and print it, use it or change the game in any way! :)

Level 12
you mean like the diablo feature ? i think something like. 5 defense ( based on character level ) so you can say like i.defcl = 5. Now it will add 5 bonus defense per character level.
def = defense
cl = character level

also maybe something like: 300% bonus damage to UNITCLASS. classes is like worker, tauren, town hall, ward etc..

Level 8
you mean like the diablo feature ? i think something like. 5 defense ( based on character level ) so you can say like i.defcl = 5. Now it will add 5 bonus defense per character level.
def = defense
cl = character level

also maybe something like: 300% bonus damage to UNITCLASS. classes is like worker, tauren, town hall, ward etc..

yeah like that!

and the 300% damage is a good idea aswell :p
but it kinda requires a damage system and that should not belong here... EDIT: well, it belongs to the diablo map :p

Level 8
Hmm is it really worth all that effort? I mean in the video you showed you had tons of triggers just for this one system. For my Diablo 3 map I decided to keep it rather simple.
Because after all, if you have an epic Inventory System you actually need items, that are worth it. I mean it couldn't hurt that much of course but... there are other thinks I think you should concentrate on. (Like replacing all pathing blocker destructables with doodads to improve performance or making the creeps more interesting by adding unique abilities to them.)

Though it of course won't hurt if you got a nice inventory that doesn't bug and is easy to handle.

Level 19
Dude, this thread is about the inventory only. We are also adding more good stuff, like vJass spells and such, but this is only for the inventory :D
And because its getting open-source, its worth it! :)

It already is open-sourced but since it is so huge we have to optimize the map. People can simply request a open-sourced version whenever they like.

Level 8
Excuse me? Earth-Fury made a library which I am already using, its from wc3c.net.

oh really.... well... shit happens then :p

It already is open-sourced but since it is so huge we have to optimize the map. People can simply request a open-sourced version whenever they like.

wouldn't it be easier to just add a link to the description, instead of sending it to each person that requests it?

Level 12
oh thanks. I have always been wondering what it exactly means.
btw Anachron except some suggestions soon! ;)

Suggestion:
what about adding something called "enchanced damage" (in percent)
it could be like:
it.edmg = 150 // this will be +150% of the weapon damage in bonus.
so it could be: weapon damage base = 5 now this item have 150% enchanced damage then it will have 12.5 damage instead of 5
this could also be useful for defense

EDIT: another suggestion
you must include Rune Words. If you dont know what this is then tell me

EDIT: another again :p
i call X% life stolen per hit.
its like life leech

Level 17
Hmm is it really worth all that effort? I mean in the video you showed you had tons of triggers just for this one system. For my Diablo 3 map I decided to keep it rather simple.
Because after all, if you have an epic Inventory System you actually need items, that are worth it. I mean it couldn't hurt that much of course but... there are other thinks I think you should concentrate on. (Like replacing all pathing blocker destructables with doodads to improve performance or making the creeps more interesting by adding unique abilities to them.)

Though it of course won't hurt if you got a nice inventory that doesn't bug and is easy to handle.

Yay, someone finally asked such a question, and i actually have a perfect answer for this.
So, here we go.
Okay, this system is being created by anachron as a open source system, and it will probably be used by many people, not only the d3w team, thats why he want feedback on what to add, even if its not a diablo feature.

What makes your map unique, its that your one is more simple, while we do our best to actually recreate the elements of diablo 3. And that is where our maps gets different, you keep the warcraft 3 elements, while adding that diablo 3 elements to it, while we try to replace the wc3 elements with diablo 3 elements. (You would probably complain on our spells by now, but we know that they really suck, the problem is that the guy that made the spells for us just dissapered..)

And yeah, you are totally right about the items there :D
But currently, im actually trying to find a way to make items more important as you make it through the map, and making them more interesting at the same time.

And finally, yes, this system will probably have far less bugs then my inventory system ever had when its released. If any bugs at all ^_^

Thanks for the feedback! have been a while since we got some real stuff to talk about :wink:

oh thanks. I have always been wondering what it exactly means.
btw Anachron except some suggestions soon! ;)
:)

Suggestion:
what about adding something called "enchanced damage" (in percent)
it could be like:
it.edmg = 150 // this will be +150% of the weapon damage in bonus.
so it could be: weapon damage base = 5 now this item have 150% enchanced damage then it will have 12.5 damage instead of 5
this could also be useful for defense
Could be added by user.

EDIT: another suggestion
you must include Rune Words. If you dont know what this is then tell me
Already requested by LTGH.

EDIT: another again :p
i call X% life stolen per hit.
its like life leech
Can also be done by user.

I have decided to create some new interfaces for hooking (un)equipment events.
Also, I've decided to introduce a new orb module.

Btw, I've updated the inventory. Now the slots have fitting items and I've redone the item content helper system. Now you can easily add and modify my content systems for item holding.

CI_WIP_2.png