• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Annoying LAN loading issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! Some guys and I have become keen to spending 1-2 hours after school, gaming TKOK - But there's a problem, the Loading codes don't seem to work properly. We play in Normal mode, Going to lvl 6-9, saving, and leaving the game. No error issues what so ever. Then, when we try to load, it works unpredictably, and earlier today, i loaded my lvl 9 cleric successfully, and my mate couldn't load his lvl 9 chaotic knight - our arcanist and tank were packing up, and didn't come along to test their codes (The Arcanist didn't even bother saving, since it never works, he says.) I tried to fix the chaos knight's code, but there was no errors, how hard i looked, the arcanist have previously lost a tank, a ranger and some other, which i forgot, and all times we tried his code through - no spelling errors at all. It was a LAN game - what could we be doing wrong? We're experienced RPG savers, and scrshotted the code and all. And they did like i, -load *enter* *code* *enter*.

It's been horrific, since it's cost us many hours, and training time - we haven't even been able to clear the brood mother yet! - Oh, and about that -we don't think that the eggs ramp in HP and such, as regular creeps does. It's IMPOSSIBLE - we can at max slay 4 of them.

Level 11
Post the names / codes you are using. Nobody else has reported this problem since the new system came out in 3.0 and its been working fine. Give us more info and we will see what the problem is.

Level 4
We can't do anything (show you where you messed up) without you giving us a screen shot of the code when you saved it.

Yeah - i found out today - they've started working - we must have entered it wrong - i just think it's hard, when it happened like 5 times in a row, and such. Oh - and BTW - even though i've had no problems with your loadcodes - it's really difficult to tell the numbers and capitalized letters apart, since i'm colourblind - I've found that it's easy, even for a coulourblind one like me, with red, yellow and blue - it's the green / red, that doesn't go. Just a suggestion to make your RPG more versatile.

And, on a different note, we slayed the brood mother :D It turns out, that the most effective thing is to stun lock her just before she enters egg phase two! So now my Cleric's level 14 :D Heavenly rain - That's a REALLY 'nizzle spell, i love you for making tranquility work like that XD Such a great idea! :3 Oh and - now i'm at it talking more or less off topic, what about adding quest descriptions, that lets you know where to turn q's in? We collected the 4 books of value, but didn't know where to turn them in, at...

Uhm - it's not really something i think about - but when e.g. text is red / green, it is hard for me to tell the colours apart. I'm also extended colourblind - so purple's also something i'm having trouble with. It mostly makes me uncertain of colours, but if i try hard, i can sometimes tell them apart anyways, but i got to focus. It's harder the smaller the thing is.

Nay, but we've moved on, and it works perfectly. We're 4 lvl 20, stuck at the golem XD We're a Ranger, an arcanist, a warrior, and me, the cleric. we call our tank 'phail' if he does even the slightest error. Also, that damn golem one-shot us 'soft' members on most of it's spells. We're in the midst of levelling up 4 other players. 2 paladins, an arcanist and a guy who keeps forgetting his code. Just to lift the pressure.

Level 8
Nay, but we've moved on, and it works perfectly. We're 4 lvl 20, stuck at the golem XD We're a Ranger, an arcanist, a warrior, and me, the cleric. we call our tank 'phail' if he does even the slightest error. Also, that damn golem one-shot us 'soft' members on most of it's spells. We're in the midst of levelling up 4 other players. 2 paladins, an arcanist and a guy who keeps forgetting his code. Just to lift the pressure.

You are probably getting one shot by his line shaped spell(forgot the name). He says some stuff and then pauses for 2.5 seconds in a direction. You gotta move away from the direction he is facing for those 2.5 seconds and you wont get killed.

I know. We just walk into one another alot, and that damn hurricane cuts me off from the tank, so i can't heal him etc. etc. the cleric heal spells have SO little range. By the way, our tank can take one of those lines... he's insanely tough. But not a line and 1-3 blows, then he's dead. the golems abilities just happen to be so lucky, each and every time, he splits us up, and then a small golem spawns, in the area where we are not...

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

I know. We just walk into one another alot, and that damn hurricane cuts me off from the tank, so i can't heal him etc. etc. the cleric heal spells have SO little range. By the way, our tank can take one of those lines... he's insanely tough. But not a line and 1-3 blows, then he's dead. the golems abilities just happen to be so lucky, each and every time, he splits us up, and then a small golem spawns, in the area where we are not...

Lol, Owned xD, I can help!

Level 4
i dunno how u manage to fail with 4 heroes 20 level at normal No VX golem, must be rly fail group.

Since u play at school lan u shouldnt be having any lag, i ve done the golem with 2 man(war/cleric) 3 man(war cleric ps, war cleric ranger) and 4 man( war cleric ps ranger) all preety easy .
key to beating him
elixirs, mana pots for cleric and dpsers, hp pot for tanker, all have elxir, mana wards,heal wards and smoke, get an order which u use ur smokes/wards , if ur cleric getting hurricaned he can still run and heal the group, u just run and predict when he stuns then u aoe heavily rain and sup, ur group is full hp again, normal is really easy cuz the stun does nothing and hurricane/small golems walk really slow, ur tank should be tanking him at middle and only run in small circles if he gets hurricaned and he should NOT tank shockwaves(the 2.5 delay ones), dpsers should stick to cleric so he can heal him, the boss is really easy if u get used to it,espcially when u have 4 PEOPLE WITH 20 LEVEL.

forgot to add, arcanist must be on small golems, ranger setting nets (all traps fail but net) on small golems so he doesnt run, ranger should be dpsing big golem while arcanist cast nukes on small one, oh and u dont stand in line cuz then the 2.5 sec wave rapes u, i dujnno arcanists skills now when he reworked(the shield was removed which is dumb cuz its one skill that i liked and the skill helps the group so much) ,but he should be able to dps small golems really fast.

Level 4
are you serious?kick him in the nuts irl , thats auto suicide, you dont kite him on edges cuz then u no time to kill small golems, oh and if one small golem reaches the big golem>u abandon the boss cuz its preety useless(unless he has like 0 hp), the wave and the hurricane shouldnt split you that much, cleric SHOULD BE HEALING EVEN IF HE GETS HURRICANED, and he should not cast rain unless when golem is about to send stuns after hurricane ends, the only tough part is when he stuns, and the hurricane is still on so thats a lot of dmg to hurricaned person, thats why he should be max hp when the stun is begginng to cast, tell your tank hes an idiot and he should kite in middle.
i myself have mastered cleric and healed through countless of nariths/golems/that last naga boss who doesnt use spells cuz hes a retard, and i can say that its a really difficult class and everything mainly depends on the healer, you just have to get used to it, sometimes YOU will die (cleric) from hurricane/stun combo in order to heal others , but thats what u have to get used to, as a cleric, dont go away from ur group ,just run in circles , if the situation is that bad tho, tell ur tank not to tank the 2.5 s waves and use heal potion when cleric is getting hurricaned(altho u can still use divine prot/holy fire and run away from the group, sometimes u can cast rain even before the aoe stun so ppl get healed, but that brings the risk of getting raped when the aoe stun comes, so thats ur decision)

Level 4
uh,its not about only the damage he does, its everything, when the big golem tornados you (cleric) u will have a tough time healing tank thats where smoke is shining cuz the tank can recieve minimal damage without u risking to heal warrior(cuz if u do theres a chance u ll die to combo i ve talked about) , besides every little bit helps, if u stack smokes right(follow order, smoke one by one) you will have perma 50 % curse and -attack speed on him which will make ur life much,much easier.
besides they are like 45 g for 3?thats too cheap to be even an issue of money.

wards are insane vs VX narith, and narith in general cuz he has a lot of nasty aoe, they are more expensive than smoke but that 25 heal/3 s for whole group is really nice, its like mini rain, not so much usefulness vs golem cuz smoke>wards on him but if u have 4 people u might get 3 ppl to smoke and 1 to health ward.

Mana wards are weird, they are generally > health ward and smoke but u can only drop one per fight(sup longass cd) so u cant stack it which makes it limited, i (cleric) usually dont drop health or smoke but drop one mana ward in middle of battle when i see that i am oom almost(150< mana) and mana pots on CD, but i make sure my allies stack smokes on golem so the fight is rly easy

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

uh,its not about only the damage he does, its everything, when the big golem tornados you (cleric) u will have a tough time healing tank thats where smoke is shining cuz the tank can recieve minimal damage without u risking to heal warrior(cuz if u do theres a chance u ll die to combo i ve talked about) , besides every little bit helps, if u stack smokes right(follow order, smoke one by one) you will have perma 50 % curse and -attack speed on him which will make ur life much,much easier.
besides they are like 45 g for 3?thats too cheap to be even an issue of money.

wards are insane vs VX narith, and narith in general cuz he has a lot of nasty aoe, they are more expensive than smoke but that 25 heal/3 s for whole group is really nice, its like mini rain, not so much usefulness vs golem cuz smoke>wards on him but if u have 4 people u might get 3 ppl to smoke and 1 to health ward.

Mana wards are weird, they are generally > health ward and smoke but u can only drop one per fight(sup longass cd) so u cant stack it which makes it limited, i (cleric) usually dont drop health or smoke but drop one mana ward in middle of battle when i see that i am oom almost(150< mana) and mana pots on CD, but i make sure my allies stack smokes on golem so the fight is rly easy

Actually for the mana wards just get each player to have a set

Level 4
Actually for the mana wards just get each player to have a set

the cd is huge and it wont let you use smokes and healing wards which have way smaller cd, if every player uses mana ward then they are useles(item helpin wise, potions dont count) cuz the cd on them is so huge, one player in the middle of the fight is enough for mana ward to get its usefullness, if all get mana wards then no smoke and no healing ward for rest of the fight which is not worth it

actually elixir of wisdom is best on any int class, i never tried spirit but 2 % (1%?)blows, the wisdom makes ur mana pool way more and increases ur healing drammatically which makes
a) u wont go oom any time soon
b) more healing capabilities.

Spirit is overkill, if u use mana pot every time u have -200 ur full mana pool( example 150/350 u use mana pot, not 50/250 or 250/350) u wont OOM ,even in no dps groups.
I guess u might say 'then go elixir of spell power which gives more spell power so u heal better' ya tried that, not impressive considering then I do get OOM fast, which is why wisdom is better cuz it lets u manage ur mana problems AND give better healing, oh and i dunno how u can go OOM , i respeced to all intelligence( is that the one which gives spell crit chance but not +1 mana?) and have like 350 mana at the moment(lvl 23 cleric) and dont have any mana problems on any bosses(even VX)

Well, i neither have all that many mana problems, but if you haven't tried spirit, you can't really say anything about it... It's so efficient. I have full mana at all times, leaving my mana open for massive bursts of healing. yeah, the spell power's not enough. and wisdom just didn't talk to me at all. And we've already cleared Narith... quite hard, but we did it. just taking the boxes in the correct order is the key.

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Well, i neither have all that many mana problems, but if you haven't tried spirit, you can't really say anything about it... It's so efficient. I have full mana at all times, leaving my mana open for massive bursts of healing. yeah, the spell power's not enough. and wisdom just didn't talk to me at all. And we've already cleared Narith... quite hard, but we did it. just taking the boxes in the correct order is the key.

But You Can't Clear Pielord Can You?

Level 4
I'm preety sure its crap, didnt try cuz i dont want to waste 55 g( not serious but i m sure its 100 % crap), i do bursts of healing all the time cuz im only one healing group in 4 man group, and i still have mana, oh and having full mana all the time doesnt really bring any achievments, if u use mana pots wisely like i told you u will have a lot of spellppower/and full mana instead of just full mana,

did u do VX normal narith?VX legendary?if u did i cant believe u cant do sand golem...

Nay, we can't really clear it... and we've only played normal. It's our tank, he always tries to get the responsibility onto someone else. I just like the spirit, because i can burst heal for an extremely long time, and when i'm heavenly raining, i regenerate completely. Yeah, i thought it to be a little small percentage, but it's huge. It's really, really good. i have no probs healing my team fully in a sec anyways, i chose the spirit, because i didn't want to use more of my braincapacity on the mana pool. just removing it from the equation. It's the same with adding health bars. no pressing alt.

Level 4
thats understandable, tell from beggining :p,

anyways sorry to hear u cant clear golem :(((((((

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Makes sense...i don't think i would cry unless it was my parents

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Cya, and yes i am, emotions are a hindrance to the overall outcome. What good is humanity if you lose the game? The final result is the ONLY RESULT that is worth looking in to

Status
Not open for further replies.