• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Rule - Color Tags!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Don't wrap the whole text/content of your post with color tags.
Due to periodic complains, this is now an official rule.

Doing so furthermore will be punnished with negative reputation and will result in post editing.

The only exception would be a tutorial where you want to show color codes, for instance.

As many of you probably already know, the "general rules" of The Hive Workshop hasn't been updated yet, thus this isn't included as of yet. Any violations will be redirected to this thread, where it's currently stated (should the "criminal" be unaware of this)

Level 7
yah i hate it when you have a guy who makes extremely light text.(off topic) nice avatar Fire(back on).This is a great rule which will help many users and ill do whatever i can to help out.

Level 1
I disagree with the new rule, a lot of people here do use the colour text - And i think it seems a little unfair just because some people complained about people not using the same old boring black text...Perhaps a poll should have been included before this was so swiftly set down?

Also, why do I have the feeling Archian went out of his way to put this rule in place just for the inconvenience of some member/s in particular? It's easy to do something out of spite and say it was for the better of some of our members, I had seen no complaints < after Archian registered <-> prior to this thread. >

And, sorry if i was a little forward in my post, but thats just my opinion.
And this is to get it out of my system

Level 18
This rule is much the same as the anti-individualist practice of forcing students to wear uniforms, simply because some people, namely the teachers, do not like the clothes that the students would choose to wear otherwise.

Stopping people from posting in whatever colour they wish is pointless, because if people do not like the colour someone is posting in, or find it hard to read, then they don't have to read it! And as for official messages, there's no problem there either, as I am the only staff member who posts in full colour, and when posting official threads and tutorials I use the default text colour.

I ask, also, when was the last complaint about anyone using full-colour posts?

Archian said:
You may in signatures, but not within your post(s).
And why allow it in signatures but not posts? The only possible reason I could think of for this is that signatures do not 'need' to be read, but then no unofficial post 'needs' to be read!

In short, I find this rule ridiculous, and in protest I am posting in the fading purple colours you see before you.

-*meow*

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 18
I agree with shados this is the most ridiculous rule I have ever heard of.
There is no reason someone should ever have to not use color in their text. Thats like saying you can no longer send in skins if they are anything except Grey scale.
In Protest I will also be speaking in fading colors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Their boards, their rules. Why is it so hard to understand?

Archian

Site Director
Level 61
Sorry guys, there are many people having a problem with this (and I won't make their names public, but you can read some of the threads and posts around here to see some other users having a problem with this.)
I personally don't really care, but if there are additional users who finds it hard to read your post(s) because of the color tags you're using, then it must be put an end.

People come here to read what other members are posting, not to *ignore* specific posts because of some people who might find it "funny" wraping color tags around the entire content of thier post(s).

And you guys should be the ones to understand those who have a problem with this.
You're like "Ah, screw those guys. I do whatever I want!"

And guys, this is a *forum on the internet*. Not real-life...

Please don't continue, thanks.

Level 24
Stopping people from posting in whatever colour they wish is pointless, because if people do not like the colour someone is posting in, or find it hard to read, then they don't have to read it!

Well if you put it in a colour, and people can't read it, why post at all? Isn't the point of posting on a forum so you can have discussions with people? So whats the point of having a discussion if they can't read your posts because there in a different colour?

Level 36
Yes, if the text contrasts with the background and is not to bright on the eyes, then I don't see what the problem is. Coloured text is the same thing as avatars or signatures, it's there for personalization. You make it your own, something unique and different. I don't have a problem reading coloured text at all, and I think I've only seen one complaint about coloured text in my lifetime here at the Hive, and that was back when I first joined, someone made a complaint about Shados' then-really-dark-purple text in his moderator application thread. Mecheon would not be happy, as he uses his Dark Green text to stand out from everyone else. How will he correct others if the n00bs can't distinguish their horrible English from his corrections if there is no dark green to outline?! I think making decisions like these based on a minority are a bad idea, because let's face it: You can't please everybody. You have to choose between the minority and the majority, and it doesn't look like you did. This is all IMO of course, but take what I've said seriously and think about your decision. I know that ultimately what Archian says goes, and you proved that by silencing the protesting colour threads, HOWEVER it seems that you weren't acting for yourself here, just a minority of complainers who have never had to deal with anything that isn't bland and lifeless in their lives before.

Level 8
I totally agree with Archian.. Why wrap all content of the post in to horrible colours so that is almost impossible to read?

It's a forum guys, not a fashion show!

Just my point of view

~ZypherXII~

Level 36
Well, why do you wear coloured clothing and not just the same grey clothing day after day. Why do we live in a world full of colour and not some greyscale monochromatic piece of shit? It's the same thing, damnit. YOU may think that the colours are "horrible", however, the user witht he coloured etxt may like those colours, and they have a right to an opinion, so they should be able to use them without being criticised... and they aren't impossible to read... maybe you're eyesight is bad?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

It's "your" not "you're" in this sense.

Sorry, it just keeps popping up in your posts and it's been bugging me deep down >.<.

And sorry for the off-topicness.

Level 18
Well if you put it in a colour, and people can't read it, why post at all? Isn't the point of posting on a forum so you can have discussions with people? So whats the point of having a discussion if they can't read your posts because there in a different colour?

I totally agree with Archian.. Why wrap all content of the post in to horrible colours so that is almost impossible to read?

It's a forum guys, not a fashion show!

Just my point of view

~ZypherXII~

By your logic we also don't need avatars, signatures or user titles as well, but I think you'll find the forum a bleak place without them.

As for why post like that? Because most/some people don't care if you're posting in a non-default colour, and will read it anyway, personally I've never had problems reading any posts using any theme.

-*meow*

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
Well, why do you wear coloured clothing and not just the same grey clothing day after day. Why do we live in a world full of colour and not some greyscale monochromatic piece of shit? It's the same thing, damnit. YOU may think that the colours are "horrible", however, the user witht he coloured etxt may like those colours, and they have a right to an opinion, so they should be able to use them without being criticised... and they aren't impossible to read... maybe you're eyesight is bad?

That is just lame... Your posts aren't your clothes..

We have set the font color at the styles for a reason. TO BE ABLE TO READ..

Status
Not open for further replies.