• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Modeling Competition #4 - Mech/Robot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

modelingcompetitionzh6.gif

Modeling Competition #4

Deadline: 20th of July 2007 - with possible extension. Winner(s) will be decided by the final votes of a public poll.

For this contest you will have to create your very own Mech/Robot.
Idea initially from RDZ.

Models would require, of course:
Absolutely necessary:
Non-heroes.
Non-buildings.
Required animations: Stand, Walk, Death
Recommended: Stand, Walk, Attack, Spell, Death
Textures: in-game or scratch (allowing old scratch textures, as long as you made them; since in-game are 'old' textures too).

And to add to the list:
  • Must be a limbed mechanical unit, must have arm(s) and/or leg(s) of some sort. Don't let this limit your creativity though.
  • Keep the polycount under 2000.

Rules and Guidelines:

• Follow requirements above.
  • You may only enter one submission.
  • You have to make sure the model is fully and correctly functional in-game.
  • The model must be textured, either in-game textures, or custom textures. If custom, made by yourself.
  • You must post at least 1 WIP preview before the deadline.
  • To qualify for entry, you must post your model/skin in .mdx and .blp format, and an in-game screenshot of the model.
  • You must post your entry before the deadline expires.
  • You must make the model for this competition. Which means that you cannot use old works.

Prizes:
The winner will receive +75 Reputation Points and a Special Award Icon.
Second place will receive +50 Reputation Points.
Third place will receive + 25 Reputation Points.

Level 12
NO I would rather you make a sweet model with the same good workable and efficient texture that allows it to stand and look good with all your other great models and it also can be used with your camo textures. That is what I want.

Do you have an idea for what you are going to do yet? I am sure a RDZI unit but any specifics?

Level 23
I am going to go for an alien mech, of the same universe.

Because RDZ Industries relies on modular construction; elements such as the feet and one-man cabin are consistent throughout several models, and to produce another RDZ Industries mech would require the recycling of said geometry; and I'm not entirely sure how the authorities would respond to that.

Level 19
SuPa do a clown mech!!! That would be so cool. ^^ It could have some clockwork arms that hit far just like those clockwork clown boxes. A mean clown tech with all kinds of evil clown weaponry.

Level 12
That was FAST! And it looks pretty good too. Are you going to wrap it with the alien skin on your gallery at rdznet? The teal one? The area where the legs all connect looks bad. There is something big and... bulgy in the front and yeah... legs themselves are ok. Like the guns.

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

LMFAO!
Anyway, really nice RDZ! Looks great
btw, how do you post a gif or w/e that is like that?
How do I make it so when a building is attacking only it's gun moves? an example would be a cannon tower

Attach that mesh to a bone, and name the bone "bone_turret"

Level 12
SuPa- find a mechwarrior and just do it. Mechwarriors are cool and useful... well, I have never seen a MW map, but wth. OH WAIT! I know what would pwn!

COMMAND AND CONQUER GDI JUGGERNAUT

Google it. Not sure what you will find, but you are looking for a big walker with three giant cannons. It is so sweet, you should do it. I believe it catagorizes under "robot".

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Rofl, the third picture makes the third leg look like his wang.

WIP. This one'll be able to crawl into a ball and roll. I actually based him off a sphere primitive.

So far, 1138 polys. I doubt it'll get bigger. Anyways this is a big mech/robot, so its not needed for it to be low poly. It'll have a nice cannon underneath, hopefully made of the bottom sphere parts (which are giving me a headache since I don,t know what to do with them)

Attachments

• HiveM4.jpg
    HiveM4.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 467
Status
Not open for further replies.