• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Terraining Challenge 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

2-P

2-P

Level 8
Please don't use them as finals, they look really bad compared to the ones you posted before.
The sky in the first one is a mess, the fog effect didn't turn out well, the hills in the second screen are too bluff and replace those Blizzard trees with custom trees.
Forget the ground and concentrate on the upper part of the citadel, which looks great. :)

Level 13
Kk I've worked on it a little more and Im done for today. Lemme know what you guys think.
The stairs to the upper level are complete now, they spiral up that pillar to the bridge that leads to the top of the hill. I've also started replacing my blizzard trees with custom ones and im debating whether or not to add back in the clouds. (Pic 2 has the clouds in it but I took it before i added in the stairs and replaced most of the trees)
Also, theres a spider in pic 1. Can you find him? :wink:

Edit: Added another screenie of the finished 'Druids Keep' (Screenie 3)

@doompenguin: You should take the blue fire out of the first pic and add some grassy dirt in the second one to blend your tiles a little better.

Attachments

• WIp.jpg
    WIp.jpg
    657.6 KB · Views: 297
  • Citadel.jpg
    Citadel.jpg
    759.2 KB · Views: 397
  • Druids Keep.jpg
    Druids Keep.jpg
    640.9 KB · Views: 253
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 8
Herio, the pics are looking really good, but I feel that they are just a tad bit unfinished. The first one looks fine except for the sideways-ish tree on the far left, but the second one is really barren on the far right side. Anyway, keep up the good work, and best of luck to everyone...

Level 13
:smile: Thanks Ham Ham, that means alot to me. Im glad to hear some of it has paid off :wink:. Although, for a terrainer of your talent, it shouldnt be difficult to beat it. If I remember correctly you have had some very nice terrains from the past. (Not to mention the Lava and Swamp tut, but that showed only a small fraction of your talent)

Edit 4 DwarfZealot: You can get unlimited cliff height by downloading the MiscData.txt file and saving it to the following path:
Program Files/WarcraftIII/UI/miscdata.txt.

Ill add the file to this post.

Edit: Rui, you might want to add this to the original post for anyone who doesnt already have it.

Attachments

• miscdata.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 67
Level 8
Guys, check out the terrain forums first. This files already been posted by happytauren and the threads been stickied. If its a common question, odds are you can find the answer there pretty easily :)

Level 10
@Herio-San: I not sure if I will can beat you on the ashenvalle tileset, your waterfall is wounderfull =D
@Valcrist: Make what demonsofdante said.
And, humm... this water appears to be coming from nowhere.

I finished my Doom 3 map yesterady. So, I have much more time to do it now.
I will probabiliy post a screenshot tomorrow.

Level 21
1) your contest submission MUST be in an unedited Ashenvale Tileset.
2) I guess that will be fine, but it should fit the theme, and I have doubts with something like that fitting in Ashenvale, but...

oh and if it's indoors, make sure you only use Blizzard models or the models in the Ultimate Terraining Map.

Level 10
Elven City

This is my new elven city.
Based on a terrain then I never had finished for a contet that never was aproved =/
I remaked it using the same concepts of the older terrain, but with the great doodads of the ultimate terraining map.
Sugestions, positive and negative coments are all wellcome.

Attachments

• -- Elven City 1 --.jpg
    -- Elven City 1 --.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 111
  • -- Elven City 2 --.jpg
    -- Elven City 2 --.jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 94
  • -- Elven City 3 --.jpg
    -- Elven City 3 --.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 139
Level 21
wait so ur accepting it?

Here is the screen so you know what it is:

1) your contest submission MUST be in an unedited Ashenvale Tileset.
2) I guess that will be fine, but it should fit the theme, and I have doubts with something like that fitting in Ashenvale, but...

oh and if it's indoors, make sure you only use Blizzard models or the models in the Ultimate Terraining Map.

Although my reply is no official answer, I'm sure that these are the most basic rules which you should follow...
Apparently you've done 2 "wrong" things:
1) not basing your terrain off ashenvale
2) using (AFAIK) models not in the ultimate map. If you wish to use custom models other than the ones in that map, you must ask so before the contest begins...

Thank you, hope to see a 2nd try.
Oh and Ham Ham, looks nice, but it reminds me a bit of...
(my submission?)

Level 10
Eleandor: I dont have seen your submision, and I was plained this on other contest months ago.

Images Updated
Fog more dark, and the fountain moved more to right.
what you think of it now?

Attachments

• -- Elven City 1a --.jpg
    -- Elven City 1a --.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 68
  • -- Elven City 2a --.jpg
    -- Elven City 2a --.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 87
  • -- Elven City 3a --.jpg
    -- Elven City 3a --.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:

Rui

Rui

Level 41
I will not develop any information about the Barrens tileset until we are finished with Ashenvale.; if you want to start with the next tileset, you are free to do so, however, you may not post the screenshots just yet as they will be deleted.

Last edited:
Level 8
Well a WIP i'll hopefully finish by monday night since my other terrains became corrupted. Not my best, but im experimenting with different techniques.

Attachments

• ashenvale.JPG
    ashenvale.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 94
Level 8
...free time.

What's that again? I know I have heard of it before, but it seems like some far-off dream, blissful and yet unattainable. I guess we just have to learn to effectively use those few moments that aren't eaten up by school, work, etc...

On a lighter note, the entries so far are looking pretty good. I am really excited to see all the other terrains, too. Keep it up, everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.