• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Zandalari Jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just some screenshots of a terrain I am working on for @xYours Trulyx.

download-1-png.337959

download-2-png.337960

download-3-png.337961

download-4-png.337962

download-5-png.337963

download-png.337964

I will update this thread with new screenshots after more has been done.

Level 3
Wow nice work mate. Already looks really awesome. Where are the models from? expecially those rocks in this picture :

download-3-png.337961

Looks pretty dank.
I would have liked to see less fog, i just feel like fog is such an overplayed element of WC3 terraining.
Thanks. Yeah sometimes it can be a little too much, but un-fogged Warcraft 3 looks really bland. If we could have a proper ENB in Warcraft it would be awesome. In Reforged the lighting etc. is supposed to be better, so considering these models are of extremely good quality it might look awesome in Reforged. It also might look like complete shit, who knows.

Looks pretty good. Maybe adding some shrooms/shrubs on the cliffs would make them look more natural. Looks a bit weird when it's just plain cliffs considering it is a jungle.
Thanks, yeah I could probably do something with the cliffs but that's way too much work for just a small portion of the map.

Terrain is finished.

I realize the water looks a bit odd when seeing it in the edges of the screen (model disappears). I'm not sure how to fix this so if anyone has any ideas do let me know.

Here's FeelsGoodMan the Zandalar Troll giving you a guided tour through his jungle ruins:

Last edited:
Lovely. I think the clouds suit since it's a mountainous or cliff region.
Yeah I was thinking the same.
However, that sky makes it feel like a Dark City spoiler.
The sky changes in game. I am actually using an imported sky model. What you see is only in the editor. Idk why but a lot of the colors you see as well are completely different in game, like the dark squares at the top of the stairs and the waterfalls. It looks good in game, but hideous in the editor.
Also, maybe you can find other statues to replace the big ones so you don't get repetitive.
Yeah, but there's a lack of high quality statues that fits the theme :(

Imagine triggering that when the rain stops :D and back to whole dark-wet when rain starts again.
It's not impossible but would probably look a little weird. With the new skin changing features of Reforged it is fully possible to make it look realistic though, as you can change the skin in game. You can have wet/dry skins for models and such :p

Level 2
This looks insanely good. When I look at the screenshots I'd say that this could be golden material for a movie. The way the ground textures harmonize with Doodads is a treat for the eye! I Really love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.