• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

World editor sound import problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
When i import an external music or sound file to my world editor and go for a test run or save the map, the editor gives an error message that renders the entire map unplayable.
The error message says things like 'invalid number of arguments' and some other things in jass language i dont understand
I tried multiple music tracks and even one in wav format, but the editor keeps giving an error message and makes my map useless.
After that, the entire editor keeps giving those error messages for any map i try to edit, until my i reboot my computer.
I even tried to import sounds in a new clean map without any custom triggers/object data/models, and the same thing keeps happening.

Can anyone please help me with this strange problem?
Thanks in advance.

Level 8
well it culd be that you import em wrong, or that you are using weu and imports that way... but just as heero says, give us your trigger that you got with the sound(if u do) and the last done changes.... well just upload the map=)

Level 2
The clean map is just a freshly started melee map without any customations, but with a music file imported, but here it is and also a screenshot of the error window.

error.jpg

The map: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CNVXW026 (megaupload link since i coulndt send it as an attachment

Level 2
No models are imported to this one...but i guess my editor is corupted somehow, cause its strange its even doing this with fresh maps, but thanks for the help nonetheless

Level 2
Ok, i just dont know it anymore

I de-installed WC3 and TFT from my computer and reinstalled it back on to try of that would solve my problem.
When it finished, i started the WE without having patched the whole thing and opened a new map...result: the thing crashed again once i imported a soundfile to a map.
Maybe its my computer or such, otherwise i wont know whats going on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.