• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Winter Camo for Tanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Could I possibly have a modified version of Illidan(evil)x's Abrams tank texture so that it sports either Urban or Winter camo?
I would also appreciate it if someone made a Parachute attachment. White or Winter/Urban Camo. It would start out very high, and drift to the ground. Rep will be given, credits too... blah blah blah.

NOTE: I can send you the model i want to be attached to the Parachute if you want to make the unit attached to the parachute instead of the parachute being an attachment.

Level 34
About the parachute, I believe Kofi_Banan made one, can't seem to be find it in the Model section though.

And about the tank, it's not really that hard to skin it yourself, just convert the .BLP file via WC3 Viewer to a .BMP file (not .JPG or any other since .BMP is the only file I know off that has transparency). Then open it in any program you like (ex. GIMP or even Paint) and throw some stuff on it.

Level 22
yah, i know Kofi made one, but it uses a sorta Woodland camo, but i guess i could change it to white if i found it. but his little UN soldier is attached.
the problem is, i really dont know how to shade with color, and i generally cant color for shit in real life either.

Level 34
I've seen some people doing that sometimes.

Oh and, stop with the PMs, just discuss it here. I like having my mailbox clean ^^

What kind of pattern you would like to see on it?

And it's very useful to me to say ''black and white'' pattern, because the whole report is made in black and white only. And what page is it? Page 20?

Level 22
Ok ok.
damn, so hard to find Abrams with winter camo on them.
M1A1-Abrams-USMC-01.jpg

essentially this, except the colors are White, Dark Grey, and Black. Maybe not Black.

edit: If the skin turns out to be too much of a contrast, just make the entire tank gray and add different shades of black and gray to it.

Level 34
Argh, I made that stupid mistake again.

Skin is done and such but the transparancy does weird, seems not to be working.

I'll take a look at it, tomorrow.

Level 34
Hang on, I hussled that file from .bmp to .jpg to .blp and it undid the white stuff.

I hope you like the lame camo on it :p

(PMing, and remember to put complaints here, not in my mailbox)

Level 34
When I convert it via Viewer .BMP>.BLP it'll ask that I must add a transparancy channel to it. That's the keyproblem. I'll try to figure out how to avoid/fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.