• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

We need another spell rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Yeah that's right, as the title proposes we need another spell rule? About what you might think, this:

Every single spell I'm trying to give my "review" about, is having comments like this, constantly:

PUT TRIGGERS IN DESCRIPTION

triggers please

you have to post triggers

I guess I'm even one of them as I'm not always at home and cannot always play the map. Yet I searched around the spell rules and found nothing.

Then I found this by a mod:

This is going to get rejected until you post the triggers.

I thought mods could see the triggers in the spell section?

So we're in a nasty situation here as the uploader doesn't need to post his/her triggers but still to get rid of all the comments and complaints. And how about the last quote?

Isn't it time to add a rule that says, "Post your triggers in either
  • tags (GUI) or [code=jass] tags (JASS, vJASS, ZINC) (Same goes with [icode=jass])"
  • Sincerely,
  • baassee

Level 40
I don't see the triggers within a map when I'm reviewing spells, it really makes it more efficient to have the triggers posted in the correct tags so I can check for errors and quality. The rule should definitely be re-amended.
Have you looked for the moderation tool to view them? It's possible that Ralle removed it but I really doubt it.

Level 19
I guess I'm even one of them as I'm not always at home and cannot always play the map.

Even with triggers posted. It doesn't change the fact you still can't play the map unless you have WarCraft III.

I'm not sure if I should agree with this or not. since what's wrong with downloading the map itself and look at the triggers? having the code posted and read by the spell moderator without testing just makes them lazy.

And about the..
PUT TRIGGERS IN DESCRIPTION

triggers please

you have to post triggers

Like I said above. They're just lazy. If they can't find time to download and test the model itself, then stop replying shits.

It's an epidemic that needs to die.

RaijinSpark said:
I'm not sure if I should agree with this or not. since what's wrong with downloading the map itself and look at the triggers? having the code posted and read by the spell moderator without testing just makes them lazy.

its because the mods are not always on their comps that has wc3... so it would be easier if people would post the triggers, and its easier to comment too since you don't have to open WE anymore...

And this is more important right now because there are A LOT of spell resources that are still unmoderated... so if Bribe cannot moderate them until he uses his comp that has wc3 then it would greatly slow down the moderation process... and if you look at some other threads, there are people complaining about the current speed of spell moderation...

and its also a waste of time to download a map just to moderate the spell inside and then delete it afterwards...

not to say that its a lot easier to post the code than to download a map and open it on WE...

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
its because the mods are not always on their comps that has wc3... so it would be easier if people would post the triggers, and its easier to comment too since you don't have to open WE anymore...

And this is more important right now because there are A LOT of spell resources that are still unmoderated... so if Bribe cannot moderate them until he uses his comp that has wc3 then it would greatly slow down the moderation process...

and its also a waste of time to download a map just to moderate the spell inside and then delete it afterwards...

This.

I have many things going on in my life right now that you might even consider my moderating role here as "on holiday". I am strategically delegating my time here and generally have to spend my time wisely.

Although PurplePoot opened my eyes to a way to reveal triggers without downloading the map, which has allowed me to be a bit more productive. While I can't test in-game while I'm at work, things like memory leaks and poor coding are easy to identify. That's why you see a lot of "needs fix" and "rejected" right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.