• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[HD/Misc] Tutorial Map as Art of War from Age of Empire 2 DE

Level 6
Hello,

As a player who tries to go into the Melee PvP gaming in Warcraft 3, i'm surprised i couldn't find any map which teaches the basics.
I have a few notions, i read posts etc. but a map (or many) where you can practice could be a nice feature for the new players, in order to avoid them to run away when confronted to these difficulties. I tried to find something like that primarly for my friends who are even more casual than me haha.

So if you know good map who teach BOs, unit countering, creeping... send me ! I only found "micro training" or things like that.

I think a good blueprint is the Age of Empire 2 : DE tutorial (no the Wallace campaign, but the advanced tutorials : Art of War).
First it teaches you the base Build Order with the timings to get boar and sheeps.
Then the other missions teach you to tech quickly with a special build order
Then the unit counters, they let you choose one unit type against "this" or "this" enemy type , and you try.
They teach you to rush to damage the enemy economy too !

Now imagine a map where you choose your race, which build order you want to practice > fast bestiary , or grunts, i don't know.
Another map where each unit of each race is presented, with their strenghts and weaknesses, the counters.
Another where you are rushed (or Tower rushed) and you must hold with few ressources and units.
Same for heroes !

Like in AoE2, you have a score at the end depending on your speed or the number of lost units.

I think i could be a great way to introduce casual players to PvP, without disgusting them after 3 rushes, or having a lot less tech and units than the enemy.

That's your opinion ?

Last edited: