• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

These rejected maps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 32
Hi, I noticed last week when pending maps were lowered to one page, that maps were 'rejected.'

Here is an example of three maps I reviewed/commented on, I see no clear comments voting for rejection, and I did not find moderator comments declaring the maps rejected.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/clockwerk-arena-237882/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/galatic-risk-238255/

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/vengeful-comeback-237792/index2.html

Another reason I'm posting this, is because I wanted to download galactic risk, clockwork arena is really fun, and vengeful comeback compared to others was not to bad of a melee map.

I just want to point out there was no clear rejection, and the recources were suddenly unavailable.

Usually for those reasons it should be marked under "Needs fix", in my opinion (at least for the ones that need better descriptions). That way it is still open for users but isn't approved.

However, in cases such as this, you can always PM any resource mod (like me) and we'll put the map on pastebin for you, so long as it isn't rejected because of stealing/copyright infringement/offensive content.

Here's what I know so far : in Map, Icons, Tools, Models Section, once a resources marked needs fix, it's unavailable unless you manage to get the needs fix resources's link.
But in Spell Section, a resources that marked Needs Fix, still accessible (although you can't filter them, at least they can be seen in the section if you browse each page without searching for any status of spell, you can find many Needs Fix spells.

Level 30
About OP's reply, I'm the one who moderated them and I must say 1st and 2nd's map description is lacking, while the 3rd one has a lot of map problems, still I'm waiting for them to revision it so I can either set it back to pending or approve :)

Here's what I know so far : in Map, Icons, Tools, Models Section, once a resources marked needs fix, it's unavailable unless you manage to get the needs fix resources's link.
But in Spell Section, a resources that marked Needs Fix, still accessible (although you can't filter them, at least they can be seen in the section if you browse each page without searching for any status of spell, you can find many Needs Fix spells.

I heard rumours long ago that Ralle want to make the resource section for Hive2.0 more wc3c-akin, meaning that you have a submission 'pile', that when moderated either gets to the section it needs to or or some kind of trash bin or graveyard.
I think it would be a great idea since, rejected resources are available and mods can still delete resources that violate the rules.

I heard rumours long ago that Ralle want to make the resource section for Hive2.0 more wc3c-akin, meaning that you have a submission 'pile', that when moderated either gets to the section it needs to or or some kind of trash bin or graveyard.
I think it would be a great idea since, rejected resources are available and mods can still delete resources that violate the rules.
Yeah, and that is also a good idea that rejected models be available to regular users like us.

It is there. I suppose the mod comments are not visible to other users though:
19:34, 26th Apr 2013
Orcnet: the game takes too long to generate gold mines and the starting bases for the players find a way to reduce the wait, no much environment doodads and cliff varations that give multi-use of the whole map by means of decor and strategy, work the quest menu as a space for changelogs, updates, and credits. Any else can be approved

Status
Not open for further replies.