• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

The Astounding World of the Future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 35
You've got to admit though, in alot of the things that the 50's thought we would have in the year 2000, we vastly exceeded their original imaginations.

Cellphones for example, computer consoles, and mp3 players.

Heck, just look at Medical Technology, in the 50's they treated "Dropsie" which was literally the organs dropping slightly due to gravity, of which they did extensive surgery for. Now we have the MRI, and 4d ultrasounds.

Level 34
That is the only example. No nukes have ever been detonated in war for over half a century.

In all fairness, we probably should have had them by now.

Motivational-dark_ages-1.jpg

But I don't want to turn it into an Elenai/Religion thread.

Level 27
Looks shopped. I can tell because geography and the flow of time do not allow for progression in that manner. That, and the fact that scientific advancement is not quantifiable.

...And I have seen quite a few shops in my time.

Status
Not open for further replies.