• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Terraining/MPQ Edit Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
[Solved] Terraining/MPQ Edit Problems

I'm trying to set the max height of my hills (raise/lower tool in the palette) to 9000 or so, and set their max slope to 87 or so, which requires editing the MiscData.txt, which I cannot do, because none of the MPQ editors work with 1.26e.

What do I do? Is there an MPQ Editor that will work with 1.26e? Or is there a program I can download that will let me edit the MPQ?

Last edited:
Did you follow this?
The Misc.txt - file
The Misc.txt is a file that allows you to increase the steepness of your hills, to make you able to create custom cliffs, it also allows to enlarge those.
The file is attached to this post or available by a direct download link (Link to download the MiscData) Just create a custom folder in your WarcraftIII folder with the name "UI" and place it into it to make it work, after that, start your World Editor and raise new hills.

from http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...e-terraining-hives-terraining-section-184427/

Level 8
Watch out, thats the txt i got, it also changed the water depth to something different (Lets units walk under water)

Make sure these are you water values

MinDepth=10
DeepLevel=64
MaxDepth=72

Status
Not open for further replies.