• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shrike Turrets and Other uprgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
How would I get the shrike turrets upgrade to be in the engineering bay and then when upgraded from the engineering bay to give bunkers shrike turrets?
Thank you :D

EDIT* Also How would you get all the other Lab and Hyperion upgrades into a custom map?

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
How would I get the shrike turrets upgrade to be in the engineering bay and then when upgraded from the engineering bay to give bunkers shrike turrets?
Thank you :D

EDIT* Also How would you get all the other Lab and Hyperion upgrades into a custom map?
1. Import the campaign mods (makeing sure they are at bottom of list so are loaded last).
2. Add all the upgrades to the appropiate research abilities for the buildings of choice.
3. Add buttons the the appropiate units linking to the research options you just added.

The campaign kept them as upgrades so you should be able to add them very easilly. Some maps have already done this.

Level 2
1. Import the campaign mods (makeing sure they are at bottom of list so are loaded last).
2. Add all the upgrades to the appropiate research abilities for the buildings of choice.
3. Add buttons the the appropiate units linking to the research options you just added.

The campaign kept them as upgrades so you should be able to add them very easilly. Some maps have already done this.
Where do I find the Campaign Mods?

Level 2
Okay I got the shrike turret on the bunker, but now it won't do anything... hmmm

Got it to spin, but it won't attack... hmmmmmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Yeh thats all the complecity of actors. The attack is done by a weapon added to the bunker. You need to attach the appropiate attack visuals to the weapon firing (probably the damage effect the weapon uses) using actor events. Because the gun is attached to the bunker you have the complexity of having to treat it as an attachment which does not make the job any easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.