• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shadows Of Dalaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello all, I am relatively new here. I have been downloading maps for months, but only recently joined the forums. I decided to develop a small project..perhaps a 1 mission campaign or just a altered melee/campaign map. It is nowhere near done. the map is only 7% complete and triggers+ camera scenes are not my cup of tea....
Shadows of Dalaran

"You may have exiled me from the light, but I assure you that my interest in the powers darkness is only for the benefit of all that is holy. Since I have been forced from the city of Dalaran, I will now prove to you all how powerful I am. If you see a foul beast from the scourge lying dead with terror in his own eyes, I probably slayed him.

P.S: I took a few potions from our alchemists shop, things are about to get ugly. I am headed deep into scourge territory, where you have abandoned some of our own brethren."

-Dae'las the Shadow Priest
*Found nailed to the head magistrates wall*

Histroy
The Game Takes place during the time the scourge is taking over Lordaeron. There is but a few Alliance factions left in the area, and by all means they are surrounded. The only way out is to fight to the death, unless someone is courageous enough to save them.

Description

Take control of Dae'las. A Priest who invested his life into the powers of Darkness, in order to discover it's weakness. Over the years he developed, created, and controlled these most dark of energies to understand how they work. For this reason, he was exiled from his home city of Dalaran. He now wants to set out and prove to the world that he is indeed devotional to the Light of all that is. His first self given test, is to go deep into Scourge territory and free some of his Alliance brethren who are in deep trouble, and considered by the elite: "a noble, but lost cause". Follow his journey through Lordaeron as he battles darkness....with darkness.

The Hero

Dae'las
Level 2-15 Shadow Priest

Abilities: Resurrection, Holy Light, Twisted Shadow(modified Doom it is available at ), Drain Life Force(Siphon Mana with life drain added).

Drain Life Force and Mana shield Aren't going well together\

Should I replace Mana shield with a "shadowform? if so, how would I create that? If not "shadowform" than what would be a nice ability for a shadow priest?

The Map
Tileset: Dalaran (first map)
Type: Adventure( paths guiding hero to parts of map)

Do you think the Abilities are a good choice for a shadow priest? what can be improved? any suggestions for this campaign? comments?

I would like to post pictures, I tested the map and hit ctrl+prnt screen..but They are not in my warcraft 3 folder...

I feel like such a noob

Last edited:
Level 5
I Added Some screens (They aren't "In game" screens..No matter how hard i search i cannot find where those files go.) They are a few screens of the first level in my campaign in world editor .

Attachments

• Area 4.jpg
    Area 4.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 153
  • Map End.jpg
    Map End.jpg
    233.2 KB · Views: 262
  • Swamp Bandits.jpg
    Swamp Bandits.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 151
  • Troll Village.jpg
    Troll Village.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 149
Level 9
This map looks good from the description...but I think you should re-work it.
In my opinion, the description is kinda scattered.

If you want help, I'm good-terrainer, medium-triggerer, good-spell maker...
Here is a campaign that I'm working on. . .{Legacy of Goblins}. . . so you can see how good I am.

Status
Not open for further replies.