• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Rise of Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Getting there, only complaint is the UI buttons for things like research and buildings are too large (use too much of the screen).

Also be aware that there might be problems with ownership of concepts (as Microsoft owns Rise of Nations series and you are copying their idea).

Level 1
1. It feels for me that buttons are ok, so I'll let them be like this, but if any more players complain about, I'll reduce 'em.

2. None of my previous mods (HoMM, Civ, Z) had any copyright problems. I think sc2 funmapping is a sphere no one cares about.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
2. None of my previous mods (HoMM, Civ, Z) had any copyright problems. I think sc2 funmapping is a sphere no one cares about.
It is still something you should plan for in your risk management. Although Blizzard might be light hearted for now, it is always possible that some major legal incident in the future changes that attitude and they crack down on all maps and mods.

Do not be afraid of making the visuals better than the orignal.

Level 1
Yeah, I'm ready for the situation where my remakes are banned. It will force me to finally create something new :)

It's a good thing u said about visuals. I was afraid of it, but now i'm not :)

Btw, made the borders and territories system today. A little bit laggy, but worth it, feels so RoLy now.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
Played the original game with my brothers just the other day, while there are some similarities, i don't think there should be any major legal stuff bout it.

Only thing i can think of that would make them angry with you is if you are gaining some sort of profit from the remake. If your not, you should be golden. Btw, it looks great so far can't wait to try it :goblin_good_job:

Last edited:
Level 1
are you gonna add anything in terms of gameplay? or adding anything in general? cause I'd really like to see that. Good luck and nice work. Can't find the game in the NA server though :(

Level 1
Played the original game with my brothers just the other day, while there are some similarities, i don't think there should be any major legal stuff bout it.

Only thing i can think of that would make them angry with you is if you are gaining some sort of profit from the remake. If your not, you should be golden. Btw, it looks great so far can't wait to try it :goblin_good_job:

I never thought about getting some profit, I only care about having some good players to play this game with. The only reason I work on the map is that I'm addicted to the online fights at the original game's server. But now that server is dead. It was always bugged, and there is no maintanance. So, all players left. The BHG (the authors) is no more exists. So, sc2 recincarnation was the only way to give the great game a second life.

are you gonna add anything in terms of gameplay? or adding anything in general? cause I'd really like to see that. Good luck and nice work. Can't find the game in the NA server though :(

It's on EU now. But seems like 1.5 patch will allow cross region playing, so anyone will be able to play the map. Don't know when will it be released, but I sink relatively soon.

I won't add anything new. I will only add what is supposed to be there. Everything the original contains.

For now, Vinci race is almost completed. It only miss the national power and those 4 little spells players get for fast mining or killing more units.

The latest video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw-emdSM-qo

After I get back from my vacations (at september) I will add 2 other races. And the game will be completed.

Level 1
Is it possible to make the soldiers squad type? cause that was a cool part of it seeing the individual soldiers being shot down while others fought on.

Level 1
Is it possible to make the soldiers squad type? cause that was a cool part of it seeing the individual soldiers being shot down while others fought on.

Theoretically it's possible. But I never intended to do this. It's too complicated to do. And it may consume too much perfomance (still having perfomance problems in 4v4 games even without squads). Also, the mod feels like the real RoL right now, even with single infantry units. So, yeah, it was fun, but its absence isn't critical for RoL fans like me :)

are you going to recreate all of the units into Starcraft 2? The leviathan is epic :ogre_haosis:

Thank you. Yes, I'm going to create all units. Some of them from scratch, like I did with the leviathan. Some will be taken WoW and modified, like I did with the zeppelin and like I'm going to do with most of Alin units, since there are alot of pretty similar units in WoW.

But I'll start to do this at autumn, vacations started.

Status
Not open for further replies.