• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[reply]/[answ] tags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, instead of having a text that looks like this:
@DevilMaster, I like your idea a lot!

@Shillen_G, hm I might try that out, thanks!

@Evil_Cowboy, stop flaming the thread >_<

We can have an additional tags-function, that can be called via [reply]/[answer]/[answ]/[asr]/anything else, that looks like this:

Image: New.png

This way, a quote-type tag will appear, and the user can submit the name of the person they reply to, [reply="Lane_Master"] and all of the texts can be smoothed out. This way, we can also avoid huge posts, that contain many quotes and the additional reply, by implementing a single reply-type tag. The button next to the name you reply to is a link to the post you reply to.

The color codes for the main text's color is #BDC95B (189, 201, 91) and the Reply base tag and title is #A4C956 (164, 201, 86).

Level 27
And what about Hacker tags for hacker?
Real hackers make their own hacker tags.

I don't see how this is any different from quote tags. I can see implementing quote tag collapsing, but with vB that might prove a royal pain in the ass. Like trying to find which of the thousands of cogs in the clock is making it lose a second every 3 months.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Wait what? This already exists, and is called quote.
[.quote="Name"][/quote] .. why do you want it named something else?

Name said:
Answer

If anything, I'd wish the quoted text would contain the previous quotes at least one or two levels, so you don't have to look up the questions all the time. It's like:

"How's the weather, Jon?"
"Oh it's nice today, how about there, Sam?"
"What? I don't know what the hell you're talking about."
"The weather."
"What about it?"

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

They are already implemented, Foxy, look:

Code:
My favourite colour is yellow.

Result:
My favourite colour is blue! No! Yellooooooooow!

Ok, bad joke.

I was not calling a replacement of the quote tag, I was speaking of a simple implementation of a reply tag, it's not like you force users to use it anyway, anyone will use it whenever they want.

Linaze, please, don't become such a disappointment. Know when to stop and balance your irony a bit. Just... please.

And damn, close this thread, I reported it already and it becomes a mess as time goes by.

Status
Not open for further replies.