• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Replacing Movement Sounds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hey guys! During work on my map I encountered a problem I can't seem to overcome by myself. Here's the deal:

- I'm trying to replace a moment sound, so one of my units has a custom movesound.

I've tried:
- Replacing the SteamTankMovement.wav with the correct file path (taken from the MPQ with a valid .wav file. Then setting the unit's movement sound to humansteamtank --> Result = No sound at all. without the file imported I'd hear the steamtank, but with it, nothing.

- Replacing an other sound, in this occasion the OrcCampaignGlueScreen1 and setting the movement sound to it. No avail either, no sound at all.

Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!

~Angelusz

Level 11
You have to use the sound editor I think. Go to the sound editor then click on

Internal->Units->Human->SteamTank->SteamTankMovement.wav.

Then right click on SteamTankMovement.wav and press "replace internal sound", so then you can just browse for the sound and replace it.

Level 9
You have to use the sound editor I think. Go to the sound editor then click on

Internal->Units->Human->SteamTank->SteamTankMovement.wav.

Then right click on SteamTankMovement.wav and press "replace internal sound", so then you can just browse for the sound and replace it.

Thank you for your response.
As I feared, that does exactly what I did manually. Import the file and assign the right path. No avail, still nothing.

I've also tried converting the sound from mono to stereo, but that doesn't work either. (I've actually been told Mono often works better, but the original sound was already mono, so might as well try.)

Anyone else, suggestions? Someone must have done/tried this some time.

Level 9
Note that some sounds are attached to models, and for some wierd reason, they cannot be edited in anyway, except editing eventopbjects inside .mdl/x file.

Yes, I am aware of that. I've also used the eventobjects inside .mdx files for other purposes in my map. Mainly attack sounds. I'll try if it'll work with the movement sounds, too.

*** Edit: ***

Hm... did you try replacing it with a wc3 sound, like one used for another unit? That way you can tell if it's your sound or not.
Yes, I just did. It did not work either. Used the knight's movement sound on the steamtank. Exported it from the sound editor first, then reimported it with the "replace internal sound" option. No avail no sound at all.

Also: I've tried the eventobject method. There was sound all right, way too much of it. The sound would play like 10x at a time when the unit started moving. The animation is too short for the sound, so I can't use that method.

*Sigh* Now what? T.T

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.