• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Project: Black Winter [Squad Based RTS Genre: Horror]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
@Blood_Reaver: Absolutely any I just want people to get involved...

@Snacker: Well each class is very distinct with their abilities... And some of them have entire ability kits which can be upgraded to have more abilities as you progress in levels (Not Ranks) although ranks do provide some suttle buffs. Making a weapon selection system would be very hard too.. I've seen a few people try and they were pretty big failures. I will list the weapons each class carries today. (May 23rd 12:05 PM EST)

Towards the end of the project when it's all touched up, I will attempt to get a hosted project it's less than likely I will get one. xD

Last edited:

CyberDuelX16

C

CyberDuelX16

Look's pretty cool to me ^^. I could be your idea man ;3

Level 4
Omg! i think this game will have a lot of fun. No ideas here, the game itself is lookin very nice! keep up the good work

Level 22
Well Midnighters you haven't done anything yet XD... But the crew is only people working on the map not people giving resources.... I still need some icons though....

By a Save\Load system I didn't quite clarify that I mean't you can save your code... Then load it... The code saves your EXP and your EXP decides your rank... And finally your rank decides what class you have unlocked, and can play as. Thank you for all your comments continue your inquisitions.

And as for Baasse: I prefer the regular icons because they have trim... And the map is a WiP so there may be a few small things that aren't right yet judging from these snapshots which are very poor I forgot to mention because I need to redo the terrain quite a bit.

Level 5
it looks great, and the historical theme is interesting. good luck, i hope this makes progress. it just kills me that you're using such a generic model, but there aren't any other options i guess.

Last edited:
Level 22
Well the pictures on my profile are from like 2 months ago, and the marine models have changed since then.

The crappy pictures I uploaded here are from recently those marine models are totally pimped out with much better animations, and a kool effect where when the breathe white mist comes out because of the area being so cold.

I'm going to COMPLETELY redo the terrain within the next month or two... I will probably have some exclusive beta tests when I am done.

BTW: To anyone who plays this, and goes "THEY DIDN'T HAVE THAT IN THE 80s." This is "Fiction Based on Fact." It is not entirely historically correct, because killing Zombies wouldn't be fun without precision airstrikes, care packages, and double-barreled tanks >:D.

Last edited:
Level 22
I did that as a test :p I converted a RA3 avatar into a BLP to see how it would fit in with the badges stating rank.

Update: I have done some major terrain work on Black Winter, and I have come up with this majestic yet eerie style of endless white snow beautiful trees... And some kick ass special effects. Note that the marines will be holding weapons in-game :p.

Last edited:
Level 22
Well... I'm an excellent map maker. So this map is going to be scary, and eerie which is considered Horror... Or I'm going to die trying to make it that way.

FYI: Tomura has been making a Horror map for quite some time now that's fairly high profile... Although I'm unsure if it's still active.

Level 28
Well... I'm an excellent map maker.
http://thesaurus.com/browse/arrogance

Either way, I only realized this thread existed just a few minutes ago xD
Took me a while to read through it, but basically it seems like nobody said anything valuable...

You should change the dark red color in the first post though, it's unreadable o_O

And I didn't know I was a static crewmember xD I usually help out friends with some systems they need :)
So yeah, I will help you with anything you need, but a real member? I don't know...
Well, you know how to reach me if you ever need anything.

Good luck!

Level 22
Well you definetly deserve a spot in the credits... So I consider you a member.
Hmm.. Well I'm not sure if you would call it arrogance there are very few maps that are set to Black Winters standards... And very few map makers who can make maps like mine.

I would like to see my project get more publicity, as I believe it deserves it, and so do a littany of secretive testers xD.

Update: A number of things in the storyline are being changed... Like Kristov Seratoff will no longer be your commanding officer... And those missions are no longer Valid.

Level 28
I'm not sure if you would call it arrogance there are very few maps that are set to Black Winters standards... And very few map makers who can make maps like mine.
...Yet you stil require my help? :p I'm not an excellent mapper, that's for sure.
Well, either way: there are loads of advanced maps which I cannot even get close to concerning quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.