• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[PATCH] 2.11.07f - Kirax the Master Summoner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
2.11.07f Patch Notes / Info

Download here

-Fixed a bug that stopped all of Kirax's skellies from spawning in phase 8
-Fixed a bug that caused Dark Void in phase 6 from working properly
-Fixed a bug that caused visual bugs with Hazthul's phase 3
-Fixed an exploit with Murton
-Fixed a bug that prevented the Desert Lotus from spawning

2.11.07e Patch Notes / Info

Main
-qitems is displaying the item in the slot before the quest item, hence the random items, now fixed
-Possible for event units to receive double or tripple scaling bonuses, now fixed
-All bosses did not reward gold or exp, now fixed

Kyron
-It was possible for the guards to stop respawning when Kyron did his enrage transition, now fixed

Murton
-The journal is not spawning upon Murton's Death

Hazthul
-Items drop from the towers when they die in phase 3
-Related to the above issue, sometimes runes aren't cleared from the towers upon reset

Kirax
-The skeleton phase, only 1 skelly spawns during the allotted time in phase 8
-Spell effect artwork for Dark Void isnt appearing (hint, don't stand where you currently were when you were targeted)
-Dragon's Breaths origin wasn't starting at the Wraith as intended

2.11.07 Patch Notes / Info

-After a lot of hair pulling, cursing, screaming, and then heavily drinking...... I have located and resolved the crashing issue. Once again, thanks to SudoX for trying to help me locate this bug. The bug was NOT related 100% to the event, and was the cause of other random crashes people were experiencing.
-Cleric's ability layout is fixed & the hotkey / functionality of Flash of Light has been fixed
-Fixed a bug that allowed you to purchase more than 10 upgrades for the event units (causing the extra upgrades to be wasted since 10 was the cap)
-Fixed a few spelling errors
-Fixed's Kyron's acquisition range which was making him try to attack people in Tol'Calm
-Fixed a bug that caused Kyron to invuln even if his horse was dead
-Fixed the warrior set gloves to reload properly
-Fixed King Feroth's Loop of Agility to properly give melee crit instead of spell crit
-Fixed a problem with Hazthul's Towers / Runes / Reset
-Fixed an issue that made death text always say "slain by an evil force". Now it will display the proper ability names if you are killed by a boss
-Fixed the 'Swap bag' bug, was related to the Hazthul fight, will no longer drop your bag
-Fixed a bug that prevented Hazthul's death from properly setting up Kirax & the soul stone

2.11.07 Patch Notes / Info

-Special Thanks to Fledermaus for helping me recode and optimize everything to improve game play
-Special Thanks to SudoX & Werhampfter for extensive bug testing and reporting to help me track down the major issues and their causes

Main
First things first: The map has undergone major re-construction with all game mechanics, functions, spell handleing, code, and everything you can imagine. I have gone through every line of code re-optomizing everything to improve loading, performance, memory handling, leak prevention, removal of just about every BJ Wrapper function and so on. After I finished cleaning all of that up, I have passed the map to Fledermaus who went beyond what I have done and improved/edited the code even more. I would like to give a special thanks to him for his work in improving the quality of TKoK.

Players should notice a direct improvement in game play as well as improved game player over long periods of time. Due to some Wc3 natural errors in data clean up and garbage collection, it is still not recommended to play multiple games of TKoK without closing and restarting WC3 between them.

Other notes: People who are using the WC3 Internal Save/Load to save the game state can run into problems with TKoK's system. TKoK uses the game cache for many things, which does not seem to be properly saved and restored upon a Save/Load with the internal system. This is the source of all the (NULL) talk bugs, and other random errors people have gotten. I encourage people to NOT use the internal system and please use the password system to ensure smooth bug free game play. If you do hit one of these (NULL) talk bugs, or other error, please use the emergancy command "-goodbye" to end the talking session and free your hero up again.

New Content
-New Boss encounter: Kirax - The Master Summoner.

-Hazthul now drop's Kirax's Soul Stone to continue the story line in stopping the demon invasion. This allows the quest to be completed now

-Tome of Respec has been added to the game to reset your hero's spent stat points which allows you to re-allocate them.

-New rank of Healing Wards have been added to the game, purchasable within Barnil

Item Changes/Info
Some people have been posting on the forums complaining that the items found during the event (lvl 33 white items) are better than the set/epics from Twins & Kyron. This does hold true and there is something people should understand. I have designed an excel sheet that calculates the stats items will have and how much stats they can have and the total number of allocatable points each item can contain based on its level + iLvl (which is adjusted by its tier type).

The Twin Emps fight is designed for lvl 18-20 with the gear useable at lvl 18. The T1 set helms have a higher iLvl to calculate the stats. The set helm is calculated as if it was a lvl 24 white item. This means the level 33 white items will always be better as far as total stats go. What makes the set items desirable is the bonuses they yeild to your abilities. These bonuses outweigh the few extra stats the white items may have.

With that said, I have made some iLvl changes to a few items listed below:

-Weapon's from Murton are now iLvl 36 and have been adjusted accordingly

-The daggers from Murton have been altered to better suit the rogue, Attack speed, crit, AP have all been adjusted. The daggers are now rogue only.

-All of Hazthul's Items are now iLvl 38 and have been adjusted accordingly. This makes these items better than any white items that can drop during the event as they should be.

-Kirax will drop 2 different sets of rings. His normal Epic rings will be your standard epic items that are better than the other magic ones you can find. The 2nd set of rings will be found on Hardcore mode only. These will be superior to the other epic rings a far as stats go and the special thing on these rings is their unique bonus that will increase your critial stike damage bonus by 10%. It is possible to equip 2 of these rings for a bonus 20%. But good luck with killing Kirax on hardcore mode in the first place!

Heroes / Spells
Cleric
-Holy Fire is now a 9s cooldown, has a base heal of 70, and uses 165% of your spell power (this is a buff)
-Smite has been renamed to Flash of Light. The damage end remains unchanged, it can now target friendly units for a quick heal. Base heal is 45 and it uses 125% of your spell power
-Healing Flash has been renamed to Heavenly Rain

Paladin
-Renamed Flash Heal to Divine Touch, now has a 6s cooldown (up from 5)

It will be too time consuming to list all the changes/tweaks/balances to the spells and data. There were no major changes, so it is recommended that when you load your hero and equip all your gear, you goto the stats menu and check out the ability data/damage/healing/etc listed in the multiboard.

Bug Fixes
-All known issues with 2.11.06b have been corrected. All ability synergies and set bonuses now function properly. Broken spells and incorrect data linking have been corrected.

-Several boss exploits have been patched and are no longer useable. Thanks to those that sent in demos showing how these exploits were done.

Last edited:
Level 8
Vexen, i must say this is by far the best RPG ive ever played in my life. Its pwnshizzlemadizzle.
Vexen = Legend. =D

Level 1
Never had this problem, and I played it a lot.

Maybe its due to a lagger with low-end PC spec? This map is much heavier than standard WC3, maybe that's the problem.

Level 1
Yeah, it's amazing, but still many newbies find it hard to use it. Complex things aren't really friendly to newcomers... but I love them.

Level 8
Ah I've played the first part of the game now, until the desert. Here are a few things I would like to say:

Positive:
- As I said before; the Inventory system is revolutionary, but it comes with a few leaks.
- Great Teleportation system
- System to make heroes unable to attack allied units, so you don't need to make every unit Invurnerable.
- Great conversation system. It's cool to hear the story of every NPC in the game.

Negative (more neutral ^^)
- Items in the Inventory system sometimes can be hard to select, and sometimes if you want to view the stats of an item in the shop, and you click another itme, you buy the itme instead -.-
- Quests really need more description. Like the quest where you need to rescue that son. It says that you need to cut a tree, but I never needed to do that.
- Monsters respawn a little too fast. You just killed an enemy and 3 others show up, to spawn another one if they are killed.
- Kinda strange storyline. Not that it needs an advanced one, as it is multiplayer original.
- Why can't you use singleplay codes on Battlenet? Playing in singleplayer is much more hard that online with 7 others, and if you got to lvl 40 in singleplay, you must start over again in multiplay -.- That really sucks.
- You maybe should add some more tips in the very beginning of the game, as it took me 10 minutes to find out how to talk :D
-Needs more music, I don't know if you get other music in later parts of the game, but the first one gets boring fast and it's not even imported. By the way, if you turn off music and on again using -music chat command, the music didn't start again until I teleported back to the city using a scroll.

Sum other questions:
- if you make it to lvl 40 and finish the game, can you continue with the same character in the next part of the game?

Overall:
Epic, epic, epic map! even multiplayer!
10+++/10

Level 7
Wow this is one of the best map in wc3 its so cool with the talk thing, the inventory and stat point. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
i just have one question can i load a hero from a multiplayer game when im playing on bnet ?

Status
Not open for further replies.