• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Trigger] Omnipresent Third Party Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 23
Hi guys. I have recently been playing around with how far I can go in my attempt to remove third party trigger data from maps in order to make them compatible with the latest Wc3 version. Sometimes I come across triggers, which while in GUI form the third party trigger data is missing, but when converted to custom script it appears at the bottom of the entire trigger, or even any single trigger line from within a full trigger.
Below is a picture of an example trigger line I converted to custom script. The above part is a cinematic trigger line- fade out. But below the green line is the third party trigger data. The issue is, I cannot find it no matter when I look in GUI form, but if I convert any trigger, or even 1 line of a trigger into the custom script, it appears at the bottom of the green line. The custom trigger seems to be saving the trigger as the name of the trigger name itself, but I am not too interested in that right now (though later I suppose I would need to know how to replicate such a trigger in the standard world editor. More important is how I can actually find out where this custom trigger data is being added to the end of every line/trigger. Was wondering if anyone had any ideas.

I have tried looking through the entire maps triggers, as well as the top of the map where code is normally written, and I have not been able to find anything so far.

upload_2019-5-4_1-14-36.png

• A function is a bundled piece of code.
  • A trigger is something that can have an event registered, and also actions. ( we ignore condtions here )
    • A trigger runs each time a registered event occurs
    • When a trigger runs it means all its actions are executed
  • A trigger action is only one specific form of a function.
... so .. when we set up any trigger and want some action to it, we need always at least 2 functions.
  1. in one function we create a trigger, register event and an action to it
  2. the other function must be the function that we need for our trigger actions
In your sample code, the first function is the trigger action. It is basically what you see in the GUI actions, too.

The second function, the InitTrig function, is created automatically in background from GUI, you don't see it. It will always create one trigger, register event, and action for it, to run. So this extra function, and trigger variable will always exist, also when you use GUI (in background).

I'm not very sure though what you mean with you can't find it in GUI. What are you looking for exactly?

Level 23
  • A function is a bundled piece of code.
  • A trigger is something that can have an event registered, and also actions. ( we ignore condtions here )
    • A trigger runs each time a registered event occurs
    • When a trigger runs it means all its actions are executed
  • A trigger action is only one specific form of a function.
... so .. when we set up any trigger and want some action to it, we need always at least 2 functions.
  1. in one function we create a trigger, register event and an action to it
  2. the other function must be the function that we need for our trigger actions
In your sample code, the first function is the trigger action. It is basically what you see in the GUI actions, too.

The second function, the InitTrig function, is created automatically in background from GUI, you don't see it. It will always create one trigger, register event, and action for it, to run. So this extra function, and trigger variable will always exist, also when you use GUI (in background).

I'm not very sure though what you mean with you can't find it in GUI. What are you looking for exactly?

Eh, I think I realize my understanding of triggers/functions was incorrect. Thanks for taking time to teach me.

Status
Not open for further replies.