• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

New leadership

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: sergiociarlohidalgo

-New leadership-
You will chose between Grom Hellscream and Thrall in a diffrent timeline.
And fight your way through the forest and kill Durotan and claim leader ship of the horde.

Thrall X Grom

New leadership is a map where you will choose between Grom hellscream and thrall.

You will fight through a forest and level up and get items,once you have done that travelsouth-east and kill Durotan!

Information

Screenshots

Characters

Authors Notes

---
-Choose between 2 heroes
-Fight through a forest
-Get strong items
-Level up and creep
---
---
ss-ma-2.png

ss-map.png
---
---
Grom-hive.jpg
Durotan-hive.jpg
Thrall-hive.jpg

---
---Ok so as you will see in the cutscenes Thrall is the one that talk and the reason is grom is basically like a skin, he has his own character and ability's but in the cutscenes it will be thrall since he is the main character. ---
Contents

New leadership (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
Too bare bones to be a proper map. Total use of core gameplay mechanics. Not close to the original campaign maps in scope or design regarding quality. Very Simple. If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange...
Level 4
I played it yesterday.
It's a simple and short map, 25 to 30 minutes must have been all it took to beat.
I seem to remember that spells and items were normal, non triggered. I'm positive that the final boss killed thrall (the first time I got there) while the cinematic was playing because he was not invul will the cinematic was playing.
The hero selection system thing with the wisp is well done. no complaints there.
I think that having mercs or some units acquireable by the heroes would make the map more fun. I dunno, controlling one hero only or one hero and 1 summon , I think is a bit boring...
and I think that I could never learn all the spells at max lvl with either thrall or grom...
Congrats on the map. I, myself am trying to learn how to use the WE. It's not that easy nor intuitive for me, at least...
Some nitpicks:
the first orc peon I encountered was named "Scout" in the cinematic box dialogue thing and when the game game resumed it was named Kill him or Kill me .
I'll try it again sometime tomorrow or the day after and give a bit more feedback.

Level 4
I played it yesterday.
It's a simple and short map, 25 to 30 minutes must have been all it took to beat.
I seem to remember that spells and items were normal, non triggered. I'm positive that the final boss killed thrall (the first time I got there) while the cinematic was playing because he was not invul will the cinematic was playing.
The hero selection system thing with the wisp is well done. no complaints there.
I think that having mercs or some units acquireable by the heroes would make the map more fun. I dunno, controlling one hero only or one hero and 1 summon , I think is a bit boring...
and I think that I could never learn all the spells at max lvl with either thrall or grom...
Congrats on the map. I, myself am trying to learn how to use the WE. It's not that easy nor intuitive for me, at least...
Some nitpicks:
the first orc peon I encountered was named "Scout" in the cinematic box dialogue thing and when the game game resumed it was named Kill him or Kill me .
I'll try it again sometime tomorrow or the day after and give a bit more feedback.
Yeah I see. So you said to add mercs and that will maybe fun, I will try it.
So the peon named "kill me" is almost like an Easter egg, when you kill the peon it will drop a item for you and I hid a couple lvl up book's around the map and in huts or tents.
But yea thanks for the idea and I will definitely try it out, I hope to come out with an update soon but yea thanks for the review 👍

Level 4
In the hero selection Grom (neutral) is already level 2, while Thrall (neutral) is level 1. When selecting heroes, the neutral heroes that are before a circle of power are usually level 1.
Grom has the pillage ability but no way to research pillage to be able to use it and even if he could there is no reason to research pillage as there is no way to spend gold or lumber. I suggest you remove the pillage ability from Grom.
Some orc buildings are not enemy , maybe they all have to be enemy. the ones in the dirt to the right of the map.
thrall's moonsoon sucks, it needs change, imho...
the last boss's stun does lots of dmge and stuns... grom has a way easier time killing him cuz of avatar, maybe give thrall some more power...
the ending is kind of a let down. good first cinematic with the peon. maybe do something like that... or have some text appear... something like "now you are warchief of the horde!" or something like that... maybe add some human flare effects to the background or grunts cheering or something...

"...huts or tents" yes, I think it is mandatory to find those if you are Thrall. maybe, if you are grom you can do without , but thrall... thrall needs some power.
I ' ll gladly check the updated version out!
:goblin_yeah::peasant-thumbs-up:

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 70
Too bare bones to be a proper map. Total use of core gameplay mechanics. Not close to the original campaign maps in scope or design regarding quality.

Very Simple.

If you want more reviews, you should participate in the The Grand Review Exchange!

R U L E S

Site Rules
Map Submission Rules

M A P - D E S C R I P T I O N
BB CODES
BB Codes | HIVE

MELEE MAPS
Description Guide - Melee Maps
Describing Your Melee Map
Melee Map Description Generator v1.3

MAPS IN GENERAL
The importance of a Description
Description Guide - Maps
Map Thread Guide
Map Description Making: Good & Bad
Map Description - Templates
Map Description Generator [1.2]

How to Add a Screenshot to your Map Description

ADDITIONAL NECESSARY INFORMATION
  • A credits list in the map thread description is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated too.
  • A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.
  • Map thread tags are important. Please use those that fit and not more or none.

M A P - C R E A T I O N - G U I D E S

If you're not satisfied with the review and wish another opinion, contact the other reviewers or use the staff contact:
https://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact.692/