• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys. I just wanted to ask how do you give a unit new weapons. Like I downloaded one of the blades of Azzinoth but when I did what the guide to importing it told me to, i ended up turning my peasants into the actual blade instead of giving him the blade. Can anyone help me? Thanks
P.S if i'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.

Hi guys. I just wanted to ask how do you give a unit new weapons. Like I downloaded one of the blades of Azzinoth but when I did what the guide to importing it told me to, i ended up turning my peasants into the actual blade instead of giving him the blade. Can anyone help me? Thanks
P.S if i'm posting in the wrong forum please let me know.

Create a Capture the Flag ability

Then change the model in the ability (should say something.mdx, just above "hand, right")
to what ever model your using so Azzinoth.mdx or what ever.

then ad the ability to the item, and give the item to your unit.

Unless you want your unit to have the blade w/o the item.

then you just create a trigger

add special effect on unit

should be set to hand left or hand right "model".mdx

its really simple, I actually learned how to do this through a dream... believe it or not and it worked lol... is that bad where i mess with wc3 triggs so much I can dream up functional triggers/ abilities??

Status
Not open for further replies.