• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Moving menu layouts - WC3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey. I'm currently working on a new mod, specially trying to make the game look more ''modern'' or "futuristic". I first:

-Found out how to change the colors, add transparency to menus (main menu for now).
-Found out how to move the text menu boxes (refer to the picture).
-Found out how to move & possibly edit the WC3 logo.

But, I am stuck at this part where I need to move the background layout/borders that are behind the text boxes. I've looked everywhere, I can't find the option, code, file to move it like I did with the text boxes.
Does anyone know? It seems hidden or hardcoded somewhere I can't access. I suspect it's all hidden in the MDX files and I have no clue how to work with that. If you're not sure what I'm talking about, refer to the 3rd arrow in the picture. It's basically the layout that moves up/down when you go somewhere, it's the transition.

Would like some help. Thanks!
P.S - You don't need to do it for me but tell me where to go and find it.

Screenshot_15.jpg

UI\Glues\SpriteLayers\Expansion\ TopLeftPanel-Expansion.mdx
UI\Glues\SpriteLayers\Expansion\ TopRightPanel-Expansion.mdx

The likely reason that you haven't found it is because UI models tend to be "shrunken" in the model editor(s?) and can't be zoomed into enough so you have to scale them up by hundreds, 200-400x larger to get something you can actually look at.

Attachments

• ...PNG
    ...PNG
    110.7 KB · Views: 62
Level 2
UI\Glues\SpriteLayers\Expansion\ TopLeftPanel-Expansion.mdx
UI\Glues\SpriteLayers\Expansion\ TopRightPanel-Expansion.mdx

The likely reason that you haven't found it is because UI models tend to be "shrunken" in the model editor(s?) and can't be zoomed into enough so you have to scale them up by hundreds, 200-400x larger to get something you can actually look at.

Thanks. Yea, when I opened those, I had no result. I'm going to zoom in more. But what programs do you suggest to move those, example in the middle of the screen?

Edit: Is your viewer/editor able to move their coordinates?

Last edited:
Level 2
It's the 'normal' model editor called Magos. It's possible to move the bone structure of the model but having the animations also move to match the new position is more complicated. Someone else with a little experience in animations might be able to help you there.

GL

I see. I've tried to edit those settings/coords but somehow it doesn't stay the exact number I put, example: -0.12345 will give me 0.1 or 0.12. I dunno if that's how it's supposed to be. I think I'm just gonna leave it there until someone else with more experience reads this ^^. TY!

Edit: I actually don't care about the animation and just want it locked. But I still gotta move it, so where would I exactly go?

Last edited:
Level 2
Updates.
I finally managed to control the animation. Actually instead of moving it, I just hide it. Deleting it results in a bug, the menus won't even show up and I get blank screen.
I put negative coordinates and it made the menu dissapear and that is only on the main menu! That means I can also edit when going into example single player or battle net.
Screenshot_19.jpg

hHZbp5

Reactions: ILH
Status
Not open for further replies.