• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Model editor

Level 13
I highly recommend trying to see what is wrong with Sanity Checker. Drag and drop your model in it and see what it reports.
What is that ?

I highly recommend trying to see what is wrong with Sanity Checker. Drag and drop your model in it and see what it reports. This is what model editor is doing after I remove hero glow I use to use Matrix Eater but I got a pop up on my disarm program I even restored my comp trying to fix it no luck and Retera was no help it some how messed up matrix eater also and the other modeling programs do not work on m comp so I am trying to get something working correctly.
ERROR.jpg

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Sanity Checker is an online tool that analyses the model you give it. Simply drag and drop the .mdl / .mdx file onto the Sanity Checker window and read the reports on the left-side. Critical (red) reports are usually those that would cause issues like freezes, crashes or dysfunctions ingame. It tells briefly what the issues are: for example if you have some vertices attached so a faulty node, or if you are referencing non-existing Geoset.

Level 13
Well those errors are your problem - you might have vertices that are not attached to any bone. Try to make sure every vertice is attached to an actual bone. You can also upload the model so people can see what is actually wrong with the model.
one problem I have no clue how to do thatt I need someone to explain how they use Model Editor to remove hero glow might help ot a article that explains it I do remove the geoset and I remove the material also then I save it I have to get hooked up to my dialysis machine goodnight

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
If you only remove the Geoset it's going to leave the vertices that actually make the Geoset still intact, but you probably remove the bone associated with them, leaving you a model with vertices that are not attached to anything. This cannot happen and will crash the game.

You should reassign the vertices of the plane that makes the hero glow, or remove them altogether.

Level 13
If you only remove the Geoset it's going to leave the vertices that actually make the Geoset still intact, but you probably remove the bone associated with them, leaving you a model with vertices that are not attached to anything. This cannot happen and will crash the game.

You should reassign the vertices of the plane that makes the hero glow, or remove them altogether.
do theey make something that removes hero glow that is simple (Maybe something Remove hero glow for dummies) ? I did find 3 bones labeled hero I removed those no luck

Last edited:

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
do theey make something that removes hero glow that is simple (Maybe something Remove hero glow for dummies) ? I did find 3 bones labeled hero I removed those no luck
I think the easiest way to achieve what you want is to post to the Requests forum and attach the model you want the glow removed from and ask someone to remove it.

If you want to do it yourself you ought to look through Tutorial section or use the search with fitting keywords.

Level 13
I think the easiest way to achieve what you want is to post to the Requests forum and attach the model you want the glow removed from and ask someone to remove it.

If you want to do it yourself you ought to look through Tutorial section or use the search with fitting keywords.
did that no luck so far I use the war model editor by Magos to remove the glow convert using mdlx converter open in matrix eater get 4 pop ups and a small message save it in that and convert back to mdx and it works but I hate hero glow makes a model look ugly now I need to download some of you pandaren building btw nice work with those

While boneless vertices indeed cause problems, removing geosets actually does get rid of the vertices they contain.

I did the mdx and blp I Use War3 Model EDitor I do the double click on the hero glow remove that from the geoset manager and I also remove it from the material manager I have been trying to find some guides but no luck
Geosets are often referenced by geoset animations, and those can cause issues such as crashing when they point to nothing.
When you remove geosets, you must remove their corresponding geoset animation as well.

Here is the sanity test result of the model you uploaded:
image.png