• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Merging Object editor data with JNGP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Hey, So I was wondering, does the "Merge Object Editor data" work in NewGen? If so, then how do you properly use without having any errors? I need abilitys from an old map into a new one, and I cant replace some of the newer ones/remake them. +rep to the person who tells me how to do this.

Level 8
There are three modes for this. One that overwrites existing objects with the same id, one that generates new ids in case of conflicts and a third one.
The Grimex documentation explains this in detail.
You can find it in the newgen folder under NewGenReadme.html and then there's a link at the bottom to the documentation of Grim Extensions.
It's also important to close and re-open the map after merging as otherwise the changes won't be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.