• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Crash] Maximizing the multiboard leads to freezing game with the latest Reforged patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26

Level 2
I found this issue in my map, HaE Reforged, and the temporary fix I have so far is to reduce the number of columns in the multiboard. Don't know what changed or why that fixes it.

My guess is that something changed with the behavior of how the host and player exchange data on the multiboards and now it can't handle large multiboard dimensions efficiently. The map does actually still work, it doesn't crash so much as it gets stuck processing for too long. In HaE Reforged 1.9, if the host is an Empire (Heroes have a smaller multiboard that doesn't cause the problem), everyone lags out because the host lags out. But players that are Empires and not the host just get stuck for a while and eventually catch up with the host.

I went from something like 30+ columns to 4. Unfortunately this makes the multiboard Research bar that HaE very very small with few segments. But you gotta do what you gotta do.

Level 19
My guess is that something changed with the behavior of how the host and player exchange data
That's not how the game simulation works. In the lockstep networking model each player knows all the data and receives all game-relevant player inputs. Thusly the multiboard data is generated for everyone locally. The problem is only with the 1.33 changes, there's a bug somewhere. The version was not ready for release.
However you could have more than one multiboard with manual scripting. It's probably a better solution too, because you don't always need all the data shown on the multiboard. One mb could be "Basic" with most important info and "Advanced" with extra info (usually closed).

Status
Not open for further replies.