• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Making LOS prevent over wall Attacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Has anyone figured a way to do either one or both of these?

1. Make a unit able to fire at enemies in ONLY thier own LOS, and not borrow it from allied-vision or even the same players units? So making its so even if one of your other units is giving vision beyond a wall, your unit behind the wall can not shoot through it (in the very unrealistic manner SC2s engine allows.).

or

2. Make a units weapon require true LOS to be fired and travel to the enemy. (not fire through walls)

Either will allow me to accomplish what I desire...

I have a feeling I will have to make every weapon use projectiles to achieve this... since "instant" attacks would not even check pathing.

I am creating a map that uses only same level passages, and Im trying to remove and unfair advantage of one unit providing sight to others so they can gank someone, and the unit being attacked not even being able to retaliate because of LOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.