• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

.M2 -> .MDX Tutorial Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I need a tutorial that I can use to convert from .m2 to .mdx.

It would really help if I could get someone to tell me how to have shoulderpads and a helmet, since it's not part of the Character models and how to extract a character model with the right facial hair and such.

I'm guessing WoWModelView with its new exporting feature, but I don't know where to go after extracting into a MilkShape model or a 3dsmax model.

Also, exporting with WoWModelView rids of the animations.

P.S.: MyWarCraftStudio no longer works with patch 1.11. And no, I'm not going to manually fix that.

Thanks.

Level 5
Okay, I found you can just use WinMPQ to extract files from the .MPQs, but it still doesn't answer how you can have your own character model extracted and have a helmet and shoulderpads.

I've seen recent WoW-extracted models with 1.11 armor and custom characters, so I know it's possible.

Level 5
Mecheon's right, just geomerge it. And besides, why the hell would you request this tutorial, go into the WoW sheep model comments, SFilip gives a link to Crazynutter's Tuturial on extracting from WoW. Many people have mentioned Crazy's tutorial.

Status
Not open for further replies.