• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Defense / Survival] LEGENDARY RESISTANCE

Have you pre-purchase Warcraft 3 Reforged?

• Yes

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Thinking

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Download at my Signature below.

- All future updates are in the uploaded map section.

Made by me, Acutesharpness, you are allowed to make changes or edit and release the map but do not use the same map name.

intro.png

Note: Currently undergoing release and beta is hopefully ending with few glitches being spotted in public testing, *due to my network it kept desync, sorry for those who were there*

Go on an adventure, defending your base and fighting Undeads.

Destroy the main Undead core to win the game, or defend against countless waves of Undead till you are strong enough.

Dealing and taking damage grants you gold, lumber and experience. Kills grant minor bonus experience to the Hero. Taking damage has double the chance.

Last edited:
Level 15
Production is on the way, I don't want to promise a lot but I am thinking by the end of this year I will release something for Christmas, Stage 1 is already been made, with one Hero design almost finished. Many of the things will follow accordingly, anyway interested for alpha version please send me a private message with email attached and it will be delivered to you personally. @Crett Hope you want it ;]

Note that the alpha versions have game play of about few hours :( well it is unfinished ..

Edit: The map will now recognize all unique players and player slot will no longer matter from each loaded game, players can join into your loaded game even if they are using someone else's slot, game will restart the new player as a new Hero. The load game should also be able to house a thousand different player names, be sure to use the same player name as it will not work, each individual slot uses their own player name.

Edit: Players no longer are forced to restart, however there will be a new rebirth option to change current Hero, however this will permanently change the player slot Hero on your saved game, however you can use different saved files so all is good. Keeping this in mind, each game version update will be soul crashing as players had to replay everything from start again, so I will keep all those in mind before releasing the first version. Estimated update rate at once a month.

Edit: Added Automatic save function to single player mode. Multiplayer still requires players to use the save game function, automatic save only works for single player mode due to blizzard's limitation, we will see how it goes for reforged. Single player data will also reset on a new version, similar to saved games.

Edit: Crafting items will follow the standard Warcraft 3 +1/+2 etc for upgrading and can go up to +100. Each level of the crafted items requires more gold to craft it, it will be multiplied according to the quality of the upgrade, if the upgrade fails, the initial gold is returned.

Edit: Armor uses a smaller value and will be very similar to damage value and it is a good way to measure it's worth.

Edit: Melee vs Melee allows players to dodge attacks manually by walking out from the attack swing, these value differ based on the enemy's weapon, as different weapons has different dodge ranges.

Edit: Alpha 2 will be next, featuring Gold earn via damage (fair in multiplayer if players always steal your kills), it is not yet implemented in the current Alpha but it matters not as there is no multiplayer support yet, Alpha 2 should be offering some kind of multiplayer support with more Heroes and crafting!

Edit: Tinker, second Hero in development, should have a Hero selection up and in multiplayer, similar Heroes are allowed, coming to Alpha 2 soon!

Edit: Just adding some undead stuff before adding the item craftables at the moment.

Edit: The post is already getting pushed down...

Last edited:
Level 3
I'll follow this map's progress; I plan on giving the map a download soon and trying it out, I'll let you know what I think!

Level 15
Hey guys, this is the second post about this map that is still currently in Beta, unfortunately the beta version was not approved on the map upload page and I am re-posting this back here so that more can support the map page and give it an approve if you think it is of quality, if you don't think so then simply wait for the first version to come out then make your choice after that.

Release Link: Legendary Resistance

The Game

Civilians of the common day were having peace time, all of them were being kind, living their normal lives, playing games and chatting about. A project was launched due to the boredom of the new era, villagers start to notice a tournament that was held, where true purpose of life unfold, it was called the "Resistance".

They will be faced with challenges and pride as they survive and defend the fort, they will be rewarded resources that they can use for more things they would want. This welcoming of the tournament unleashes an Undead invasion, one that they did not see. The Alliance gather up their troops and summons the brave Heroes of the town to protect it at all costs.

From a sport, it now became a fight for their lives, they call it the "Legendary Resistance", citizens hiding behind protected forts as brave Heroes defend against countless and endless waves of Undead, nobody knows the coming of the future but one thing is for certain, this fight will not end soon.

Heroes

Players play as a Hero chosen among 10 in the Tavern, they may wish to random and select a role at no cost. Legendary Resistance is about your Hero, Tower, Upgrades, Items and your Level.

Mechanic

Each strike of blow that deals damage are recorded and each 100 points of damage will award you with 1 gold, and about half a lumber. Each of these gold point gained also grants you a bonus in experience, each kill only grants specific experience bonus. When you would accumulate 1000 points of damage without getting a reward, you will instead receive 10 gold and some lumber along with experience bonus.

There is a score board which records damage by 1000 value, each of that will grant you a score point.
Damage done on buildings yield more percentage resource, they are hard to destroy and most do not attack, some does. Damage points on buildings also do not yield bonus experience, Spell damage on buildings are also resisted.

Beta

This is a stage of testing where most of the flow of game will be ironically tested and refined until it is acceptable for a 10 player scenario, note that all game stages are carefully crafted so that your choices are important as you progress, there are many different things that are planned and many things are also planned to change so please understand that there will be more content when Reforged is released. (Beta refers to this map and has nothing to do with Reforged)

Dynamic Visuals

There will be more dynamic visual effects added as see fit, if they do not already belong to upgraded Reforged graphics, One current effect added in the map is called Corpse Fade, this system will fade out any dying unit overtime and prevent their corpse from showing, although Necromancers do have a window to summon skeletons before they are totally removed from the game, this ensures a smooth game play evolution as the game progress without too much focus on the raising dead.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.