• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

"Lacking" Resources

Level 12
Can we talk about how a lot of resources lately are getting "Lacking" rating? Is this some kind of a new rule, to shadowban all resources that aren't updated after they received "awaiting update" status for having a few minor problems like unused tracks or geoset visibility?
This not only discourages creators of the models, but also hides them from general search and appearing in creator's profile. I suggest to re-review them.

12539.png

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 45
I'm not a resource section moderator or reviewer, so I can't speak to any explicit or implicit changes in policy there.

But I can say that this rating system is still relatively new and getting put through its paces. Also, a recent event has given the staff cause to have some conversations about the interplay between Lacking and Awaiting Update, so just know that we're looking into this.

Feedback like this is valuable.

Ralle

Owner
Level 77
I believe the story goes like this:
It was brought up that resources were stuck for years in awaiting update and that it was problematic. They were batch moderated to Approved - Lacking because they were lacking some fix, otherwise they would not have been awaiting update. The logic for doing this is that lacking resources are easier to find than awaiting update and the resource is probably never getting updated anyway.

We realize that this might not be fair for all resources. So please make us aware of this if you find something out of whack. Feel free to use the "Report" button.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
Why not add another Rating? Just call it a "minor flaw". As long as the shortcomings of this work are not significant. We can put it in this place. Let others see and know that this work has minor flaws. But it doesn't affect his use. Because many Lacking models can be used normally.
Creating myriads of approval states will not help. We already have too many and people are keep asking for more.
Those models are not in Lacking because they are conceptually bad, but because they have issues. If I am to give your idea some credit, maybe some of them could instead be moved to Useful/Simple until properly fixed, depending on how gross the issues they have are of course.

Level 19
Creating myriads of approval states will not help. We already have too many and people are keep asking for more.
Those models are not in Lacking because they are conceptually bad, but because they have issues. If I am to give your idea some credit, maybe some of them could instead be moved to Useful/Simple until properly fixed, depending on how gross the issues they have are of course.
But normal models also get there

How about a revised Awaiting Update system. The moderator can select Useful/Simple, Lacking or Restricted as a "backup" rating when rating something as Awaiting Update. The backup rating chosen should depend on the the overall quality and the severity of issues. If the resource is updated it goes back to Pending like it does now, but if it's not updated after 6 months (or whatever), it automatically goes into the backup rating.